Page 24 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast

Re: Stanley out multiple weeks.

Any word on Phillips beyond knee injury and IR? How bad? How long?

ooooh yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post

translation...I'm pissed/fed up with it. Lol.

translation 2...could be a while for Stanley?

3. There's nothing I can do about it, so I'm not wasting energy talking about it

4. "On to Cincinnati" (Only willing to look forward)

5. My job is to convince the remaining guys we can win with them. Wallowing over our losses is counterproductive to that goal

(seriously, would any of us feel better about the situation after hearing the coach talk about it?)
    "That's what."
    — She

Quote Originally Posted by Shas View Post
    "And with the 13th pick of the 2022 NFL draft, the Baltimore Ravens select, Evan Neal, tackle, Alabama."
    And with the 13th pick of the 2022 NFL Draft, the Baltimore Ravens select, Aidan Hutchinson, DE, Michigan.

Passing on a couple of tackles everybody loves in the process, lol. But hey, at least with this Michigan pick the board would be somewhat happy (who am I kidding) and we would, once and for all, find out if the HCSOA (Harbaugh Collective Seal Of Approval) not only applies to 4/5th round picks and if EDC should stop trusting it.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Sorry, if this was already reported but Stanley is listed as "questionable".

I don't know what that means, but I take that to be a sign that he did not significantly re-injure himself.

My main hope is that we get him back healthy.
    I take that to mean that he could probably play at last week's level, if he had to, but why would they risk him for that type of performance?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lol, I know its not popular these days, but i deal in facts.
    You said Roman didn't adjust during the Raiders.
    But that statement isn't true.
    Maybe Roman didn't adjust the way you wanted or that you saw but to say he didn't do it just ain't true.

They did help in the 2nd half:
    Here's that non-adjustment useless chip from Ricard and extra OL that didn't help the Ravens win

Here's another non-adjustment useless ineffectual chip from Ricard that didn't help the Ravens win

If you think the season is over, that's all good.
    I'm not trying to begrudge that.

But, I'm not there.
    The season is not over.

Great teams adapt and handle adversity.
    This is where a HC like Harbaugh earns his rep.

The OL is important.
    I just really believe football is the ultimate team sport. There isn’t just 1 way to get it done.

Many teams play with less then a star studded OL. This is where your scheme and QB have to step up.

I don’t think the OL right now worse then it was last year. And last year it had the best rush offense in the NFL. I think people over react to how bad the OL was. Lamar was pressured a lot but iirc so was Russell Wilson and rookie Justin Herbert etc.

Many NFL minds view sacks and pressures as QB/scheme stats as much as OL stats.

We have Lamar, one of the greatest QBs in the league. We will be able to run the ball because of Lamar and the Read-Option.

Lamar is gonna have to play great.
    Roman/Harbs are gonna need a great gameplan for the rest of the season.
    Lamar is gonna have to find the balance between executing the play as called vs making the improvisational play.

The coaching staff/team KNOWS the protection won’t hold up for long. Lamar knows, Roman knows.
    No excuses.
    They have to scheme up quicker passing game.
    Lamar has got to get the ball out quick.
    Then need to help the edges out, I bet Ricard/Tomlinson snaps will increase to help protect the edges.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Harbs said after the game they'd have more on Stanley in a week to week and half. Kind of ominous. Fingers crossed. AV gets AV back instead of BK after tonight but I am skeptical that's the performance he/the line turns in weekly.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

We don’t need Stanley

Two things

a) Villanueva absolutely needs to stay on the left side. No more BK burgers for AV.
    b) Baldy's right, the team does not have to rush Stanley. But AV has to stay healthy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Two things

a) Villanueva absolutely needs to stay on the left side. No more BK burgers for AV.
    b) Baldy's right, the team does not have to rush Stanley. But AV has to stay healthy.
    This is why I hate the signing - a guy at the end of his career and we're asking him to completely switch position and sides. It will never work

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

What happens if/when Ronnie Stanley comes back? Do we move Villanueva back to RT? That would be a bad idea. He's clearly better on the left side.
    90% of the game is half mental

12. Re: Stanley out multiple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    What happens if/when Ronnie Stanley comes back? Do we move Villanueva back to RT? That would be a bad idea. He's clearly better on the left side.
    AV becomes the swing tackle if Stanley gets hurt again or needs rest. And we pray nothing happens to Patrick Mekari.