Page 15 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1314151617 ... LastLast

Re: Stanley out multiple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    I totally agree with you. If it gets to the point where his health behind whatever line is out there is no longer guaranteed, I would definitely not be putting him out there anymore. Too much potential in 2022 and beyond to worry only about this year (which may or may not already be over - trying not be a pessimist but...)
    Yeah I am not advocating to tank the season, we should still try to win, but maybe a more strategic approach that protects the team’s coming 40mm investment when it is clear that he will have no real protection. Reducing contact time by 40 to 50% over the course of the season given the number of sacks in the first game will in theory help LJ in the long run and the team. We could get creative because I think we need to think about his long term relationship with the team and LJ by his nature will want to put this team on his back and that is a bit much to ask in this circumstance leader of the team or not.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRavensFan View Post
    At a minimum get him out of there when it’s clear the game is not winnable and maybe sit him as soon as loss 7 or 8 occurs.
    If Trace McSorley is going to be healthy soon, it makes sense to promote him to the active roster if the o-line is going to play as bad as we expect.

And if Trace isn't going to be ready to play bring in another QB.

If I’m Lamar I’m holding out til they offer me new contract with ton of guaranteed money

I've seen some stuff on Twitter suggesting the team knew there were concerns in his rehab/comeback timeframe throughout the offseason, although nothing that's verified/concrete. If that's true it makes the decision not to draft anything at OT even more questionable.
    Yikes if true

Blog Entries

I've seen some stuff on Twitter suggesting the team knew there were concerns in his rehab/comeback timeframe throughout the offseason, although nothing that's verified/concrete. If that's true it makes the decision not to draft anything at OT even more questionable.
    A couple of months ago there was talk of Stanley starting the season on PUP. Then after camp starts they say he's okay. That was a story though so they must have known that this was a possibility. I remember we discussed it a lot around draft time. He had another surgery a month before the draft. That was a big story

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    A couple of months ago there was talk of Stanley starting the season on PUP. Then after camp starts they say he's okay. That was a story though so they must have known that this was a possibility. I remember we discussed it a lot around draft time. He had another surgery a month before the draft. That was a big story
    Let's say the Ravens did draft an OT in this year's draft is it a greater than 50% chance that Stanley begins the season on the PUP list? I really hope this isn't a case of rushing Stanley back because there was no viable short term alternative.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by John Morris View Post
    Don't start using facts in this hyperbolic whine fests, it throws off the whole vibe of throwing ourselves off the cliff.
    Lol, you’re right. Gotta pick your spots these days just to talk football

8. Re: Stanley out multiple weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Let's say the Ravens did draft an OT in this year's draft is it a greater than 50% chance that Stanley begins the season on the PUP list? I really hope this isn't a case of rushing Stanley back because there was no viable short term alternative.
    I feel like, in the event Stanley wasn't ready to start the year, the team was already comfortable with the notion of swapping Villanueva to LT and swinging Phillips out to RT (I'm not sure I've seen enough agility from Phillips to ever project him as an NFL-quality tackle, but what the hell do I know).

To me, the combination of not drafting an OT and starting your Plan B - and putting him in the position to, himself, get injured - compounded one risk with another. And now here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Lol, you’re right. Gotta pick your spots these days just to talk football
    You both can hold hands whistling through the graveyard in your purple colored glasses.

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    You both can hold hands whistling through the graveyard in your purple colored glasses.
    Don’t feed the passive aggressive attention seeking behavior of people who clearly know more about football than you, rube.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    They just being betas

Well regardless…what inspired my thought was the Mariota play on Monday night. It could be an interesting wrinkle that simultaneously takes pressure off the OL and reduces the scrambling of LJ. That said turned around some people may see this as an opportunity for LJ to really earn a paycheck.