Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The OFFICIAL Chiefs @ Ravens Prediction Thread

Chiefs 35
    Ravens 30

We keep it close enough, but Mahomes, Kelce and Hill are just too much of a machine for us to overcome, especially in our diminished condition. It will be good to be done with the uncomfortable spotlight of primetime games for the time being while we attempt to fix whatever ails us.

Lamar rushes for two TDs, passes for one, 1 INT and one lost fumble. 220 yards passing, 85 yards rushing.

Keeping it within one touchdown margin will be as much of a moral victory as we can expect, and hopefully set our sights on the Lions to right our ship.

But hey, guys--you are more than welcome to prove me wrong.

2. Re: The OFFICIAL Chiefs @ Ravens Prediction Thread

Chiefs 31

Ravens 17

Its going to take another couple weeks before our guys get in sync. Seems like no one has played with anyone till last Monday on the offense.

3. Re: The OFFICIAL Chiefs @ Ravens Prediction Thread

Cheifs 34 Ravens 17. I'm not going to front. This is going to be a slaughter, our offensive line is about to get abused and I suspect our defensive line will only fare slighter better.

I predict Ravens fans are headed to their cars early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I predict the Ravens will score 24 points.

But, they'll give up 38.

Chiefs 27
    Ravens 31

I predicted the Raiders would beat us. I predicted we right the ship, and I’m sticking by it.

Raiders upset Cheifs last year too for what it's worth. Ravens play pissed off in front of home fans.

Ravens 28
    Cheifs 24

I predict Martindale will send fruitless Engage Blitzes and Cover 0 blitzes all night.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    A few random thoughts before my prediction:

- AV's leash should be extremely short, but who could possibly replace him? No cap space, didn't draft an OT, injuries etc, etc.
    - What's with the 2021 draft class? 2 healthy scratches and another player traded before the season even started. Not a good look for EDC and Co.
    - Speaking of which, does Bateman make a difference with this atrocious line and a QB with bad passing mechanics?
    - I don't need to mention the TE coverage problems with Kelce coming to town. If not for Waller's drops he might have put up 175 yds with ease.
    - So many teams do a good job with their 4-man rush. The Ravens have trouble getting pressure with an 8 man rush. I'm still not sure how 5 against 8 so frequently results in the 5 dudes blocking the 8 dudes. Mind boggling.
    - We aren't in a good position to keep up with Mahomes and company yet. This game should have come in Week 14 or something. Give us time to work out some bugs and get healthy.

Chiefs 34
    Ravens 24

Weekly Results
    -------------------------

My picks (straight up) = 0-1

Week 1: Raiders 33 Ravens 27 (Correct Forum Picks: NONE )
    Love this OP. Front office has received a lot of praise for "building around Lamar." I don't know about that, but we certainly have NOT built a complete team around him, not even on the O side of the ball. O line is criminal neglect.

KC: whatever Reid/Mahomes want, say . . . 41
    Us: 20
    Not much really matters, and the rest doesn't matter at all.

Chiefs 35 - 13

Two months ago, I had a hunch that we would beat KC coming off an embarrassing loss in LV. Of course, that was before all of the season-ending injuries (FIVE starters). That is why I changed my game-by-game season prediction, from starting 1-1 to 0-2.

Nevertheless, I am going against my season prediction for Week 2 and pick the Ravens and here’s why:

A. Recent history of the matchup:

(1) 2018 in KC: We were on the verge of winning until Mahomes converted two fourth downs on the same drive.
    (2) 2019 in KC: For no legitimate reason, Harbaugh TWICE decides to convert a fourth down in Ravens territory. He got away with it the first time but not the second (both on the same possession). The Chiefs immediately responded with a TD pass. We lost the game by five points.
    (3) 2020 in Baltimore: Ravens began game running roughshod over the Chiefs until a 2nd and 3 inside the Chiefs red zone. Roman elected to pass; we settled for a FG. The game was never the same after that. NOTE: No fans in the stands.

B. Football is a game of emotion. First time in two years, Ravens play in front of their home crowd.

C. Week 1 results do not always reveal the truth. Yet the two disturbing aspects are what happened with our RT and what didn’t happen with our pass rush. Can those two failings be corrected THIS week? Stranger things have happened.

KC 24
    BAL 27
    Last edited by Corvus Corax; 09-15-2021 at 11:26 PM.

If we play ravens ball ravens 27 chiefs 24. If we play like we did week one ravens 31-chiefs 58