Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

With the proper footwork, when that back foot hits the ground the ball should be out
    This one Waywatcher (hopefully the gifs show since I don't know what I am doing)

2. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    This one Waywatcher (hopefully the gifs show since I don't know what I am doing)
    Thanks. By the way, the .gif came across just fine.

It's hard to tell based on the resolution of that .gif, but isn't the trail guy Sammy Watkins there (#14), not James Proche (#11)? If so, I don't think trust is an issue there - Lamar and Sammy were showing some nice chemistry off-and-on Monday night.

Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Waywatcher, that's Proche. Looks like an 11 to me and that's Proche's build/gait. Also, look at Sammy's cleats on this play. Black and those are white.

interesting that he is out there instead of Watkins in that critical down. Watkins hurt???
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 09-15-2021 at 12:57 PM.

4. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Waywatcher, that's Proche. Looks like an 11 to me and that's Proche's build/gait. Also, look at Sammy's cleats on this play. Black and these are white.

interesting that he is out there instead of Watkins in that critical down. Watkins hurt???
    You may very well be right. I really can't make out the jersey number on that play.

If it is Proche, I suppose there might be a trust issue there, but I'm almost certain your third paragraph is the main culprit - that Lamar was under such duress all night, he was pretty much put into "fight or flight" mode and wasn't trusting his reads due to lack of time.

That's my hope, at any rate. I'd hate for anyone else to get the "Miles Boykin" treatment, heh.

Actually, I looked at the bottom of that 3rd down, and Sammy is Z receiver on that play. See the black cleats again.

Honestly, that play design Proche is the #1 read, especially when the Raiders' pass rush was kicking our OLs' asses. Sammy can play the slot. Why would GRo put Proche out there in that situation with LJ not having confidence in him and not have Sammy, someone he trusts, be that trail receiver. Probably GRo trying to be Mr. Offensive Genius and outthink Bradley with why would you go to Proche in that critical situation. GRo thinks that Bradley sees Proche in and he is just going to be a decoy. OK GRo was right and that's why Proche is pretty wide open right after the snap. But as an OC, you still need to think in terms of LJ's trust level in Proche. Sure LJ has to grow as a QB and trust every receiver. It is what it is now, and GRo should understand that on what amounts to a 3rd and GAME situation.

6. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Actually, I looked at the bottom of that 3rd down, and Sammy is Z receiver on that play. See the black cleats again.

Honestly, that play design Proche is the #1 read, especially when the Raiders' pass rush was kicking our OLs' asses. Sammy can play the slot. Why would GRo put Proche out there in that situation with LJ not having confidence in him and not have Sammy, someone he trusts, be that trail receiver. Probably GRo trying to be Mr. Offensive Genius and outthink Bradley with why would you go to Proche in that critical situation. GRo thinks that Bradley sees Proche in and he is just going to be a decoy. OK GRo was right and that's why Proche is pretty wide open right after the snap. But as an OC, you still need to think in terms of LJ's trust level in Proche. Sure LJ has to grow as a QB and trust every receiver. It is what it is now, and GRo should understand that on what amounts to a 3rd and GAME situation.
    You might be right. But it could also be Lamar looking for something open further down the field (Proche is short of the sticks on his stem). He may have even pulled the trigger had Ty'Son not put in such a pedestrian effort on that block pick-up. Anyway, it's woulda-coulda-shoulda now. =(

I asked this before, but hot damn, an All 22 look at all of these plays would be invaluable. I wonder when the NFL is going to provide that back to the general public.

7. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

This is excellent stuff, Ed! Thank you.

Lamar has to get better at reading the coverage and realize the trail guy, Proche, is going to be open for a quick hit after the first 2 cleared out the area. I think the 2 INTS he had throwing to Proche last year doesn't help LJ's confidence in making him the 1st read. I hope it doesn't get to be a situation where he gives Proche, DD, and soon to be Bateman the Boykins treatment where he only trusts them when they are absolutely wide open.
    Lamar only threw 1 of the pick-sixes to Proche. RGIII threw the other when Lamar was out with COVID.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    You might be right. But it could also be Lamar looking for something open further down the field (Proche is short of the sticks on his stem). He may have even pulled the trigger had Ty'Son not put in such a pedestrian effort on that block pick-up. Anyway, it's woulda-coulda-shoulda now. =(

I asked this before, but hot damn, an All 22 look at all of these plays would be invaluable. I wonder when the NFL is going to provide that back to the general public.
    Just have an international friend! I'll see what I can do tonight (and hopefully it's back for all by next Wednesday).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

8. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Just have an international friend! I'll see what I can do tonight (and hopefully it's back for all by next Wednesday).
    Isn't Cole Canadian? I recall he was struggling without access to the All 22. Or does "America's hat" not count as international enough? ;)

9. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Isn't Cole Canadian? I recall he was struggling without access to the All 22. Or does "America's hat" not count as international enough? ;)
    Canada is special apparently. You want someone in say, the UK (or Mexico I think).
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

10. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Canada is special apparently. You want someone in say, the UK (or Mexico I think).
    Hmm. No way to "game" the subscription with a VPN or anything?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by InigoMontoya View Post
    Right, his footwork improves with a clean pocket. He'll lose the jittery hops if the line starts protecting him. Every QB's mechanics break down to some degree when they're under constant pressure.
    Yeah, i don't think anyone would disagree that every QBs footwork improves from a clean pocket, no one would disagree with that.

But, which play are you referring to?

I am talking about this play here:
    https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...75#post2130275
    My caption underneath the image said:
    Cumulative effect of pressure-
    curious personnel grouping
    Lamar can and should make this play though
    Sometimes pressures and sacks are the QBs fault.
    Sometimes being legitimately pressured has an effect on the QB and makes them play hurried.
    On this play, I think Lamar abandons the proper dropback footwork which would have led him to the hitch/short curl route to #11.

Below is gif of a different play, but a very similar route.
    Look how quickly the ball gets out of the QBs hands here:

(gif has been slowed down)

When a QB is being blitzed and he's at the top of his dropback and has an open receiver he should throw the ball to the open receiver. For me the fault is clearly on the QB if they turned down/didn't see the open receiver then get pressured/sacked.
    Last edited by edromeo; 09-15-2021 at 04:24 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

12. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Lamar is my QB but this has been a constant theme that he just... man. That snag route is the #1 read. All the other routes are pushing the zone defenders off of it. JUST throw that on time and allow the receiver to work, DAMN!!!!! This was a constant theme against the Raiders. He was slow to pull the trigger to Andrews on that same route. There were several times he had this but was always looking for something deeper and it pushed him into playing hero ball. Yeah his heroics worked, but he makes some things a lot more difficult than they need to be for him. But then there's the throw to Sammy late in the game, so all is forgiven and we move on.