Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Man. Jacobs just blasted No-Way. Good gracious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The worst part about it is that he doesn't appear to see it coming even though he is running right at it. I can't see Oweh's eyes -- obviously -- but it seemed like he played with tunnel vision or otherwise completely unaware of Jacobs's location.

Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    The worst part about it is that he doesn't appear to see it coming even though he is running right at it. I can't see Oweh's eyes -- obviously -- but it seemed like he played with tunnel vision or otherwise completely unaware of Jacobs's location.
    Mb he needs LASIK like Jameis…can’t get the sack if you don’t see the guy in front of you

3. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

He also came screaming in on a stunt, splitting two massive OLinemen. That's a lot of traffic to pan through, especially going as fast as Oweh does.

Anyway, I'd rather he occasionally looks foolish getting smacked down on a pick-up.block like that as long as he's playing with his hair on fire. Because on the next occasion, there might not be a good pass blocker like Jacobs back there and Oweh can light up the QB.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    He also came screaming in on a stunt, splitting two massive OLinemen. That's a lot of traffic to pan through, especially going as fast as Oweh does.

Anyway, I'd rather he occasionally looks foolish getting smacked down on a pick-up.block like that as long as he's playing with his hair on fire. Because on the next occasion, there might not be a good pass blocker like Jacobs back there and Oweh can light up the QB.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    The footwork looked good, but I don't know why he went with the three-quarter arm angle. Maybe his throwing window wasn't altogether clean (can't tell from that angle).

Ed, did you get a cut-up of the Andrews drop in OT? I wanted to see if that pass may have been off-target.
    Andrews had the ball wrapped up, and still lost it. Huge play.

Blog Entries

Oweh, fighting off a block to string the run out wide
    I see you Chris Westry, nice run support

"Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Lamar uses adlib/adhoc dropback footwork and it throws the timing/reads off
    he's out of rhythm/doesn't see:
    Duvernay open outside the numbers near the sticks
    I think with the proper dropback footwork, when his back foot hits the ground at the ‘top of his drop’ the throw to DD would have been an pitch and catch
    Last edited by edromeo; 09-15-2021 at 10:01 AM.

Great job Ed. I think we need to start oweh and just put bowser on the bench. Just let Houston and Oweh pin their ears back and go get QBs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

Cumulative effect of pressure-
    curious personnel grouping
    Lamar can and should make this play though

With the proper footwork, when that back foot hits the ground the ball should be out
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

When the kid uses a proper disciplined dropback and throws on balance cleats in the ground, wide base.....he can throw it with anybody...anybody

Roman has to use more play-action doesn't matter that's its from Pistol or Gun it works!

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

With the proper footwork, when that back foot hits the ground the ball should be out
    He's staring down 5 on this play instead of reading the progression.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

12. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by TecmoRaven View Post
    He's staring down 5 on this play instead of reading the progression.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
    And you know this, how? Because his helmet doesn't move? Pretty sure, unless he turned into a human flounder, Lamar can track his eyes from one side to the other without moving his head.