Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Lamar threw the ball well yesterday.
    Sometimes yeah, but he's much, much better then he played last night.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

"Oweh showed up"

Yep.

And on one play Josh Jacobs showed him down..to the turf.

Welcome to league, Rook.

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Sometimes yeah, but he's much, much better then he played last night.
    He had more rhythm throws, on average, than last year but there still were way more plays than you would like to see where he double clutched or hesitated. Understandable with the line playing like it did

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Wizard of OZ View Post
    Ed on that first one in the red zone. Even though we scored, I felt like Lamar made that a lot more difficult than it needed to be, but I understand his first read was Sammy singled up 1 v 1 on the left. But I was screaming on that play because Williams was wide open as soon as he released and could have walked in. But alas, we got the TD and I'll take that.
    Yeah, I hear yah, wasn't gonna saying anything because he made such a phenomenal play afterwards.
    But, that the twinge of hero ball the crept into his game often last year.
    He didn't trust the play call and execute the proper dropback to throw on-time, he adlibs/adhocs the dropback footwork and it throws the timing off:

Take a three step drop, read the progression out (my guess is left to right, alert to Watkins on the fade then read the hook/sit route and the RB swing both open)
    Plant your foot in the ground and throw on time
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

5. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Yeah, I hear yah, wasn't gonna saying anything because he made such a phenomenal play afterwards.
    But, that the twinge of hero ball the crept into his game often last year.
    He didn't trust the play call and execute the proper dropback to throw on-time, he adlibs/adhocs the dropback footwork and it throws the timing off:

Take a three step drop, read the progression out (my guess is left to right, alert to Watkins on the fade then read the hook/sit route and the RB swing both open)
    Plant your foot in the ground and throw on time
    Top Billin' had this play from the QB view and I think he correctly diagnosed that the original play design was an ISO for Sammy on the left, but Lamar didn't have near enough time to go through his first progressions, look off the safety, and then loft either a fade or back-shoulder. As for the stop route to Duv, both tackles' rushers were almost on top of Lamar's back foot by the time Duvernay was in his spot and turned around, so I can't blame Lamar for not taking a risky, off-balance throw. And I don't think Lamar could've even gotten the ball to Ty'Son given the lack of a clear throwing window (AV's man was in his lap).

Stealing from Top Billin' again - "Lamar turned chickenshit into chicken salad" on that play.

Blog Entries

Nice work Ed.

Blog Entries

Sammmy

8. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Sammmy
    The footwork looked good, but I don't know why he went with the three-quarter arm angle. Maybe his throwing window wasn't altogether clean (can't tell from that angle).

Ed, did you get a cut-up of the Andrews drop in OT? I wanted to see if that pass may have been off-target.

Blog Entries

In the bucket, nice throw and catch

Quote Originally Posted by Forgettable1 View Post
    "Oweh showed up"

Yep.

And on one play Josh Jacobs showed him down..to the turf.

Welcome to league, Rook.
    Did you catch the pressure on Carr on the intercept?

(which play were you referring to?)

11. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Did you catch the pressure on Carr on the intercept?

(which play were you referring to?)
    Oweh stunted and seemed to have a free rush on Carr before he got stood up by Jacobs (Q2, 12:16).

Note that the D also got pressure (and a sack even!) with four rushers here.
    Last edited by organizedchaos21; 09-14-2021 at 11:11 PM.
    Shared Google Folder with Ravens spreadsheets, nextGen charts, and more! Please share my content! (attribution to Twitter requested)

Knight of the Kingdom of Perfect Play, Student of The Bill James School of Stamping Out Bullshit. Main Sources: PFR, particularly the Play Index; for cap stuff, RSR's Brian McFarland (secondary: OverTheCap, Spotrac)

Quote Originally Posted by organizedchaos21 View Post
    Oweh stunted and seemed to have a free rush on Carr before he got stood up by Jacobs (Q2, 12:16).

Note that the D also got pressure (and a sack even!) with four rushers here.
    Man. Jacobs just blasted No-Way. Good gracious!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk