Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Arm strength questions with Tyler are interesting. Lamar's arm looks stronger, but Huntley does have some juice. His pass to Watkins against the Bears showed me something.
    You can look at some of Lamar's throws posted in the this thread already, like the Broncos throw to Marquise or the sideline comeback vs the Raiders as testaments to Lamar's arm strength.

Below is an example of when Huntley's lack of RPMs/velocity on his fastball was a problem.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    You can look at some of Lamar's throws posted in the this thread already, like the Broncos throw to Marquise or the sideline comeback vs the Raiders as testaments to Lamar's arm strength.

Below is an example of when Huntley's lack of RPMs/velocity on his fastball was a problem.
    It's interesting looking back through this thread and seeing how Lamar was having the same poor habits and issues all year. Even when teams weren't zero blitzing him to death he was still holding the ball too long and zeroing in one one or two routes while ignoring the underneath throws that were open.

Flores clearly recognized this and realized that zero blitzing him would be twice as effective given these habits. The nonsense that there were all these deep developing routes is garbage. There were always hot reads or safe routes he could have taken. He was doing the same thing in the red zone so that completely invalidates that lame excuse.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    It's interesting looking back through this thread and seeing how Lamar was having the same poor habits and issues all year. Even when teams weren't zero blitzing him to death he was still holding the ball too long and zeroing in one one or two routes while ignoring the underneath throws that were open.

Flores clearly recognized this and realized that zero blitzing him would be twice as effective given these habits. The nonsense that there were all these deep developing routes is garbage. There were always hot reads or safe routes he could have taken. He was doing the same thing in the red zone so that completely invalidates that lame excuse.

U came back just to repeat the same stuff your beating a dead horse.We get it lamar and the whole team really besides tucker struggled last year. Me and every other ravens fan seems to be more interested and seeing how he improves this off-season and also how the ravens invest on the Oline to maximize his potential.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens4life22 View Post
    U came back just to repeat the same stuff your beating a dead horse.We get it lamar and the whole team really besides tucker struggled last year. Me and every other ravens fan seems to be more interested and seeing how he improves this off-season and also how the ravens invest on the Oline to maximize his potential.
    So sensitive Mrs. Jackson. I am interested in this as well, but you have yet to admit the problem was mostly on him this year. The first step in recovery is admitting the problem, otherwise you will go into next year screaming about the coaches again and not holding the players accountable.

I'm really looking forward to the draft and seeing what Lamar does in the offseason to get better. Hopefully we get some help on the Oline and get another TE. That will certainly take some pressure off him.

Lack of juice, or late delivery and slow windup? (serious question)

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Lack of juice, or late delivery and slow windup? (serious question)
    Looks like lack of zip

I see a late delivery, but the very best arms in football would stick that throw in.

Blog Entries

They might be able to fix it...that's a question only Lamar's play can answer.
    Ideally Lamar returns and gets his dropback execution/discipline back on track.
    But, at a minimum I would hire a new QB coach this offseason.
    I softened on Urban's culpability in terms of QB footwork and dropback discipline after seeing Huntley play. I was wrongly laying too much of the blame for Lamar's footwork on him.

But, i'm happy the Ravens added another QB coach to the staff:
    https://www.baltimoreravens.com/news...terbacks-coach

Quote Originally Posted by Harbaugh
    "We're excited to welcome Kerry to our staff as the assistant quarterbacks coach," Harbaugh stated. "Kerry has been a successful collegiate coach for many years. Also a former quarterback and team captain at Hampton, he has a high football IQ and leadership qualities that inspire those around him. Kerry will work well with James Urban and help our quarterbacks continue to chase new heights."
    Dixon's coaching career also includes successful stints as an assistant at Florida International (2014 – running backs), Florida Atlantic (2012-13 – running backs), Montana State (2010-11 – running backs), Stillman (2009 – offensive coordinator), Texas Southern (2008 – quarterbacks) and Baltimore's Morgan State (2007 – quarterbacks).
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

On to 2022?

https://gifs.com/gif/vQrp0X

Lamar w/ an almost no look pass to Dev.
    Keeps his eyes downfield and not no the crumbling pocket, steps up and deliver a cross body almost no-look dime to Dev!
    Sweet pass.

On to 2022?

https://gifs.com/gif/vQrp0X

Lamar w/ an almost no look pass to Dev.
    Keeps his eyes downfield and not no the crumbling pocket, steps up and deliver a cross body almost no-look dime to Dev!
    Sweet pass.
    It was a great play. Not sure about the "almost no look pass," because it either is it or isn't, but it was a great play. Lamar stepped up to avoid pressure, Duvernay ran a great route, and Lamar delivered a great ball. Let's give Roman credit as well for a well designed play and play call.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    It was a great play. Not sure about the "almost no look pass," because it either is it or isn't, but it was a great play. Lamar stepped up to avoid pressure, Duvernay ran a great route, and Lamar delivered a great ball. Let's give Roman credit as well for a well designed play and play call.

No praise for Roman allowed on this board!!!

Write that 100 times on the blackboard now!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Does the gif appear in the post for you or just the link?