Page 1 of 34 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Much like last year's thread: https://forum.russellstreetreport.co...89#post1942089

This thread is place to view/discuss (and for me to keep a catalogue) some of the individual key plays, big plays, interesting concepts and miscues by taking a closer look through film.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Blog Entries

Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Lamar being 1 of 1

Last edited by edromeo; 09-14-2021 at 07:53 PM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Lamar threw the ball well yesterday.

4. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Ed on that first one in the red zone. Even though we scored, I felt like Lamar made that a lot more difficult than it needed to be, but I understand his first read was Sammy singled up 1 v 1 on the left. But I was screaming on that play because Williams was wide open as soon as he released and could have walked in. But alas, we got the TD and I'll take that.

On that run, #34 looked like he was in perfect position to make the tackle on Lamar, well, until he wasnt.

Sent from my SM-A326U1 using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Cumulative effect of pressure-
    curious personnel grouping
    Lamar can and should make this play though

Blog Entries

Oweh

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

Oweh

This is what I don’t understand with Wink. They can generate pressure with four lineman. There is no need to send 6-7 every play. Just need to continue to run twist and stunts like this.

Blog Entries

drop or bad ball location or both

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    This is what I don’t understand with Wink. They can generate pressure with four lineman. There is no need to send 6-7 every play. Just need to continue to run twist and stunts like this.
    Oweh showed up

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff66 View Post
    Raiders were smart and kept the Ravens out of nickel defense and forced/tricked them to play with their base defense.
    In their base defense, they don't have much pass rush...heck Oweh doesn't even play in the base defense yet.

12. Re: Film Review 2021: Key plays, Big plays, Interesting Concepts and Miscues (A CLOSER LOOK)

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post

drop or bad ball location or both
    That ball was quite catchable, especially given the fact Lamar had to throw it on the run (like for most of the game).