Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who Starts @ LG

1. Who Starts @ LG

Powers getting the snaps and playing time, but when this happened when Yanda retired, Bozeman came from nowhere (was barely even mentioned in the discussion) to claim the spot. Everyone talks Cleveland, and assume Powers. So how about Phillips comes out of nowhere and lands the job - and thrives! What do others think?

Blog Entries

Re: Who Starts @ LG

Phillips has looked terrible at both OG and OT IMO. I like the idea of just keeping Phillips as the backup RT. I think Powers will start the season as the starting LG, but am hoping that Ben Cleveland can take over the LG position by mid-season.
    Last edited by Dirt1; 09-12-2021 at 04:48 PM.
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Powers

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Zrebiec’s response for what it’s worth (definitely knows a lot more than me)

Devon
    @ravensfan657
    ·
    18h
    Replying to
    @jeffzrebiec
    Have they given any hints on who’s gonna start at LG ?

Jeff Zrebiec
    @jeffzrebiec
    ·
    18h
    My guess would be Phillips

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Powers
    Powers. Based on his most recent work.

Phillips would be the wrong move.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Powers. Based on his most recent work.

Phillips would be the wrong move.
    Phillips is a developmental player in just his second year and the coaches see both guys in practice every day. I personally wouldn’t pretend to know better than the staff whether starting Phillips would be the wrong move

Blog Entries

Phillips, easily imo. He started at OG last year as a rookie.

Let’s Go!

I thought Bozeman let the cat out of the bag that He and Phillips were working very closely together.

Ravens last preseason game, when Harbs said on the sideline that he just wanted to get one series with everyone working together, Powers was at LG.

Offensive Notes Preseason Game 3 Ravens @ Washington
    Posted by Ken McKusick | Aug 29, 2021
    https://www.filmstudybaltimore.com/o...021-washington
    Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy
    Notes on the OL rotation:

• The Ravens had what appears to be their week-1 starters together for the first series with Lamar Jackson and drove the ball 65 yards on 11 plays.
    • Powers ... This was a 2nd consecutive physical effort from Powers. I dislike the notion that he fell face first into this job. While it’s true Phillips has not played well enough to beat him out and Cleveland has missed a lot of camp and preseason, Powers has had consecutive exceptional games at LG after a poor opener where a lot of his difficulties were at RT. He’ll be fine to start the season and the Ravens have a good backup ready to go.

It's Powers.

I guess we’ll see

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Phillips has looked terrible at both OG and OT IMO. I like the idea of just keeping Phillips as the backup RT.
    I agree about Phillips. I haven't seen anything from him that suggests he's going to be a good player at any position. He might be one of those late developers who surprise us in year 3 or 4 but right now, I don't even like the thought of him as a back up RT.

I did like that time he scooped up the ball and ran with it but that's about it. Maybe the Ravens can make him their next great unlikely convert to full back?

Powers, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Cleveland by the end of the year