Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Ryan factor

The Ryan factor

This defense played a lot like Rob Ryan's defenses which sucked. Wondering how much he is in Wink's ear.

Re: The Ryan factor

Idk, the defense looked like it usually has under Wink - minus the occasional successful blitz splash play. The defense wasnt terrible by any means until late Q4 & OT. Several suspect strategic decisions like letting Waller have free releases and having Young cover much larger WRs 1v1.

The defense looked like it did before we got Marcus Peters. Peter's loss is devastating.We've gone from formidable to average.

Quote Originally Posted by signore View Post
    The defense looked like it did before we got Marcus Peters. Peter's loss is devastating.We've gone from formidable to average.
    The key to Wink's defense is having two CB's you can trust when dialing up the blitz. Peters gambled and lost sometimes, but he can cover one on one. Now you have a backup CB who isn't capable and is going to get picked on when Wink send the house to sack the QB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    The key to Wink's defense is having two CB's you can trust when dialing up the blitz. Peters gambled and lost sometimes, but he can cover one on one. Now you have a backup CB who isn't capable and is going to get picked on when Wink send the house to sack the QB.
    Which means Wink needs to adjust his scheme. Question is, can he?
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

This shit he’s pulling got his ass fired in Denver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Which means Wink needs to adjust his scheme. Question is, can he?
    Not based on what we've seen through three seasons. I think the guy has been a good DC...blessed with a lot of talent...but he sure seems to have nothing outside the blitz. And no ability to cover up certain players being out i.e. Williams and Smith over the years, Peters this year.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

I just don’t understand why he doesn’t show 0 blitz and drop into a cover 1 or 2 man under type coverage defense. You don’t have to send them every time man damn lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I just don’t understand why he doesn’t show 0 blitz and drop into a cover 1 or 2 man under type coverage defense. You don’t have to send them every time man damn lol
    I think it's a case of pick your poison. If they don't blitz, the QB has all day and any decent NFL QB is going to find his target. Even against a top secondary with the rules today...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I think it's a case of pick your poison. If they don't blitz, the QB has all day and any decent NFL QB is going to find his target. Even against a top secondary with the rules today...
    Isn’t this what you drafted oweh and signed Houston for

Rob Ryan was a terrible DC but he might be a good position coach. I can't tell yet but Queen seemed better against the pass so the early indications seem positive.

I think a lot of the criticism Wink has got the last few days has been harsh. He's been a very good DC apart from the one or two games a season where he goes blitz crazy and hurts the team.

12. Re: The Ryan factor

The LB play seemed to have improved. Gotta at least give Ryan credit for that.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk