Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 272829

Re: Villanueva is bad REALLY bad

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    AV has a really interesting blocking technique. He noe gets bull rushed so fast he falls down and gets the rusher to fall down on top of him. Saves holding. The one time he did hold it cost LJ 39 yards on the ground.
    That hold Villanueva got called for - I watched Suggs get held the exact same way 3-4 times a game for 10+ years, and it never got called. I'm convinced holding in the NFL is "I know it when I feel like seeing it."

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan7716 View Post
    I agree but that is 100% on coaches for not playing the right personnel.

Tyson and MCrary at least appear to have speed. So why are they not playing over Leveon Betty White Bell?
    Its crazy at this point. When that game started yesterday, those early series it was like Bell was running in concrete boots. I have never seen a RB move that slow.

He is DONE.

UNless they trade, they need to start the young guys and use Freeman sparingly with rotations. People want to hold onto this notion Tyson fumbled well what is more important at this point getting the run game going and risk a fumble or two or stay course with Bell and get Lamar killed and put on IR with everyone else
    Bell is in for his pass blocking from the look of things. At least that's the only thing that makes sense. Seems like they're trying to rotate rbs by series more as well, though why avoid substitutions if you're not going to go hurry up anyways?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Agreed. Ty'son needs to get the explosiveness that he showed in the preseason back, or the Ravens need to bring up McCrary. None of the Ravens RBs have the speed to turn the corner outside or are exploding into the few holes that the OL is opening up.

The Ravens also need to use Bell differently, because he is useless to them right now based on how he is being used. Bell is not an explosive runner anymore, but is still a very good receiver out of the backfield. The problem is that Roman can't seem to design any quick swing passes for Bell that would function as extended handoffs. Roman needs to adjust his offense to play to the strengths of the players he has right now.
    On the plus side, this team always seems to adjust well at the bye

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Bell is in for his pass blocking from the look of things. At least that's the only thing that makes sense. Seems like they're trying to rotate rbs by series more as well, though why avoid substitutions if you're not going to go hurry up anyways?

Having a RB who cannot run would be equivalent to having a kicker with 1 leg.

There is no reason other than these coaches are clueless if Leveon Bell is on this roster before the next game starts. THey need a roster spot for an extra OT and if they continue with Bell in my opinion there is not much hope for this season.

The AFC especially this division is very tough this year and they need a spark in the worst way.

BELL SUCKS!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    If Ja'Wuan James can come back later this season and provide something close to what he's done in the past, then we can revisit this.
    I hope so. The Ravens may be banking on AV (LT), Ogbuehi (RT), James, and possibly Phillips (who can also play OG) or Ealy, late in the year... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I hope so. The Ravens may be banking on AV (LT), Ogbuehi (RT), James, and possibly Phillips (who can also play OG) or Ealy, late in the year... Bc
    The upside of all this mess is that if we can get through 2021, we should have a deep stable of OT options in 2022. With all these guys, getting to see who can do what, and Stanley coming back from injury, we should be able to put together one of the stronger position groups in the league.
    "Chin up, chest out."