Page 63 of 77 FirstFirst ... 6162636465 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens sign Le'Veon Bell

Tyler Huntley pro day numbers:

6’1 3/4, 207 lbs, 40: 4.56, Shuttle: 4.31, 3 Cone: 6.84, Broad: 10’8.5, Vertical: 43.5”

I knew he was a good athlete and had a cannon of an arm but these numbers are freaky at any skill position on offense. He’s a great backup and I get not wanting to risk it, but he could also be Taysom Hill 2.0. Of course our starting QB isn’t a 40 year old Drew Brees so it doesn’t matter as much but if there’s a way to get Huntleys future trade value up without a Lamar injury/COVID this is it.

In my unrealistic fantasy scenario we end up trading Huntley for a top 40 pick in a couple years

Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post

6’1 3/4, 207 lbs, 40: 4.56, Shuttle: 4.31, 3 Cone: 6.84, Broad: 10’8.5, Vertical: 43.5”

I knew he was a good athlete and had a cannon of an arm but these numbers are freaky at any skill position on offense. He’s a great backup and I get not wanting to risk it, but he could also be Taysom Hill 2.0. Of course our starting QB isn’t a 40 year old Drew Brees so it doesn’t matter as much but if there’s a way to get Huntleys future trade value up without a Lamar injury/COVID this is it.

In my unrealistic fantasy scenario we end up trading Huntley for a top 40 pick in a couple years
    I said this when we first signed him (and then repeatedly during the preseason lol) but it remains unreal to me that Huntley went undrafted. Dude was a really productive college player who has some really good NFL level traits. What more do you want in a mid round developmental prospect? I think he should’ve gone no later than the 4th and as early as the mid 2nd.

Whatever, our gain.

Quote Originally Posted by NjRavensFan View Post
    I said this when we first signed him (and then repeatedly during the preseason lol) but it remains unreal to me that Huntley went undrafted. Dude was a really productive college player who has some really good NFL level traits. What more do you want in a mid round developmental prospect? I think he should’ve gone no later than the 4th and as early as the mid 2nd.

Whatever, our gain.
    Very seldom do you get a franchise QB out of the latter rounds but you can still get bonafide starters on the OL.

Blog Entries

I was a huge fan of Huntley during the run up to the draft. I thought him and Bryce Perkins were good fits at development QBs in this offense.
    His calling card was his accuracy.
    What I liked best about him was his ability to play within the structure of a rhythm and timing passing game.
    He had consistent dropback footwork and fundamentals which allowed him to throw on time and on target.
    I never saw him as a dude with a strong arm though.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Huntley is our short term insurance against a Lamar injury. No way we should risk that while Lamar is on the field.
    This is the key point. The other supporting point is that Lamar is so great as a runner and dangerous as a passer that you instantly have great pressure on the defense as soon as he rolls out. Huntley is a markedly lesser threat, of course.

Handing off the ball to Huntley brings no upside to begin to match the downside.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

As a regular thing it’s definitely not worth it. 3-4x a year probably wouldn’t hurt though. Some pretty big games have been won with plays like that, there was the Foles play, or the Patriots trick play vs us in 2014, etc. I remember Flacco catching a bomb from Troy Smith that would have gone for a TD had he not tripped over himself like a newborn giraffe.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they had a couple ideas like that in the back pocket. They probably don’t want to risk it but Lamar on a wheel route vs a linebacker? Good luck

As a regular thing it’s definitely not worth it. 3-4x a year probably wouldn’t hurt though. Some pretty big games have been won with plays like that, there was the Foles play, or the Patriots trick play vs us in 2014, etc. I remember Flacco catching a bomb from Troy Smith that would have gone for a TD had he not tripped over himself like a newborn giraffe.

I wouldn’t be shocked if they had a couple ideas like that in the back pocket. Lamar on a wheel route vs a linebacker? Good luck
    I would hope they never do this unless it's in the SuperBowl. Lamar is an injury risk given his style of play and if he tweaks an ankle or goes into the concussion protocol we need Huntly as a backup.

We have too many other weapons that aren't being used enough on offense to do something like this.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I would hope they never do this unless it's in the SuperBowl. Lamar is an injury risk given his style of play and if he tweaks an ankle or goes into the concussion protocol we need Huntly as a backup.

We have too many other weapons that aren't being used enough on offense to do something like this.

That’s what I’m thinking. Save it for the playoffs. I would love to see it.

Bell is going to see an increased workload with Murray not playing Sunday.

My guess is however that Freeman will see the most snaps.

10. Re: Ravens sign Le'Veon Bell

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post

"Lamar is an injury risk given his style of play..."

AFCN QBs not named Lamar:

-Burrow missed most of last season.
    -Mayfield might be out for awhile.
    -Ben stays injured.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Bell is going to see an increased workload with Murray not playing Sunday.

My guess is however that Freeman will see the most snaps.
    I hope Bell embarrasses me by running in the game winner.

I'll hide my head in shame and drink myself to sleep. Hmm, I do that anyway ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I hope Bell embarrasses me by running in the game winner.

I'll hide my head in shame and drink myself to sleep. Hmm, I do that anyway ... Bc
    Just because he plays well doesn't mean we still have to like the guy. Everybody's got guys at work they don't like, right?

At least he's not Ben Roethlisberger/Antonio Brown levels of dislike - I would have to take antacid if I saw them in a Ravens uniform