Page 60 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5859606162 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens sign Le'Veon Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Whatever it was he doesn’t look like a fit. Ellis could have scored that TD that Bell did. It was worth a shot with Bell though, no harm done.
    I agree that I might have been able to score that TD.

I disagree that Bell doesn't look like a fit, I think he looked pretty good. I think better than Freeman looked his first few games. If he's still meshing with the offense I think he has significant room to grow into it.

I'm not writing him off though.

8 carries, 18 yards, 2.3 ypc, 1 TD
    Not a great stat line, but I'll take it, especially if Murray is injured.

I think some of his carries were running into a brick wall though and the Chargers instantly knew it was a run and were behind the line when they hit him. I wouldn't mind seeing some more advanced analytics and how much he got after contact.

Like Harbaugh, I'm looking forward to seeing how this story plays out.

Blog Entries

They’re 5-1 so I’m not sure how much time you give a once upon a time player to maybe find his groove if you don’t have to out of necessity. Coming into the middle of the season the formula should start coming into focus.
    I think he's still getting mixed into the offense and will continue to be. These guys are not spring chickens, they will be kept fresh.

Question: How happy are you for the Running backs, we look back before week one you bring all these guys in and today they all get into the end zone. What have they brought to this team and how happy are you for them today?

Harbaugh: Very happy and they brought a lot. I mean those guys are they’re veteran guys and you know Ty’Son I’m putting in that category too because he’s not done yet by any stretch, he’s developing you know and that’s he’s learning from these guys too but for these guys to come in, all of them in a place where they felt like they had something to prove you know and they were sort of cast away just a little bit and for, you know, this opportunity to come up the way it did you know God works in mysterious ways and he brought them here and to see them do what they did today and what they’re going to do for the rest of the season is a pretty cool and I’m waiting, I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I agree that I might have been able to score that TD.

I disagree that Bell doesn't look like a fit, I think he looked pretty good. I think better than Freeman looked his first few games. If he's still meshing with the offense I think he has significant room to grow into it.

I'm not writing him off though.

8 carries, 18 yards, 2.3 ypc, 1 TD
    Not a great stat line, but I'll take it, especially if Murray is injured.

I think some of his carries were running into a brick wall though and the Chargers instantly knew it was a run and were behind the line when they hit him. I wouldn't mind seeing some more advanced analytics and how much he got after contact.

Like Harbaugh, I'm looking forward to seeing how this story plays out.
    The red flag I saw was Freeman and Murray were breaking off multiple long runs, but Bell could barely get out of the backfield, and he appeared slow to me.

Devonta Freeman still has some burst, I like him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

The red flag I saw was Freeman and Murray were breaking off multiple long runs, but Bell could barely get out of the backfield, and he appeared slow to me.
    I noticed that too but I couldn't tell why
    I don't know if it was the situation or the player or both
    Freeman got podium time, so they wanted to reinforce the "good behavior"
    He also has had consistently higher ypc in each game but Detroit

I want to rewatch (F*** CBS for switching out of the game) and I want to see him with a few more games

I don't think he's going anywhere, barring injury, Ravens are going have a rotating committee of RBs. Again, they are older so they are more prone to wear and tear on their bodies and we still have 11 games and 12 weeks left, plus hopefully post season. It is a long time to go and they will need all these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    I noticed that too but I couldn't tell why
    I don't know if it was the situation or the player or both
    Freeman got podium time, so they wanted to reinforce the "good behavior"
    He also has had consistently higher ypc in each game but Detroit

I want to rewatch (F*** CBS for switching out of the game) and I want to see him with a few more games

I don't think he's going anywhere, barring injury, Ravens are going have a rotating committee of RBs. Again, they are older so they are more prone to wear and tear on their bodies and we still have 11 games and 12 weeks left, plus hopefully post season. It is a long time to go and they will need all these guys.
    If they want to keep Bell around for mop up duty to keep Freeman and Murray fresher I have no problem with that at all. I just want them to limit Bell from getting meaningful work if they have a choice until he gets his legs back. If he gets his legs back.

Blog Entries

Bell doesn’t have the acceleration he did 5-6 years ago. I still think he’s getting used to the offense. It’s also difficult to get in a rhythm when you are only in the series for 3-4 snaps.

I bet Bell’s production would be better with 20 carries than it currently is with 6 or 7.

Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Bell doesn’t have the acceleration he did 5-6 years ago. I still think he’s getting used to the offense. It’s also difficult to get in a rhythm when you are only in the series for 3-4 snaps.

I bet Bell’s production would be better with 20 carries than it currently is with 6 or 7.

I’m with you on this. I feel like some guys play better when getting in a rhythm. Hard to do as you said on the few attempts he sees.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I’m with you on this. I feel like some guys play better when getting in a rhythm. Hard to do as you said on the few attempts he sees.

Agreed. It also wasn't much but he got a nice 8 yard run nullified by Oliver's hold. Been tough for him to get in the groove.

I think in light of Murray & Freeman's improving performance, patience is key to these vets learning the ins & outs of Roman's complex run scheme

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post
    Yeah, rotating several veteran RBs allows each not to run out of gas... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by PGCountyRaven85 View Post

Yeah he had some key catches last week and some good runs today. And most importantly he's limited the dancing behind the LOS

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Why he get most snaps vs lions then lmao since you been watching games 😂
    Yeah because that tells the story. Turn on that tape and see how many holes he misses and how scared he is to take a damn hit anymore. Not saying he's not the most physically gifted back we have but he's in his own head. Quote all the stats you want but turn on that tape after week 1 bro. You won't like a damn thing you see.