Page 59 of 77 FirstFirst ... 5758596061 ... LastLast

Re: Ravens sign Le'Veon Bell

Yup coaches got scared of the fumbles and disregarded his explosion

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Press conference after the game
    https://youtu.be/qWohQxMvFJE
    Question: How happy are you for the Running backs, we look back before week one you bring all these guys in and today they all get into the end zone. What have they brought to this team and how happy are you for them today?
    Harbaugh: Very happy and they brought a lot. I mean those guys are they’re veteran guys and you know Ty’Son I’m putting in that category too because he’s not done yet by any stretch, he’s developing you know and that’s he’s learning from these guys too but for these guys to come in, all of them in a place where they felt like they had something to prove you know and they were sort of cast away just a little bit and for, you know, this opportunity to come up the way it did you know God works in mysterious ways and he brought them here and to see them do what they did today and what they’re going to do for the rest of the season is a pretty cool and I’m waiting, I’m looking forward to seeing how it plays out.

Bell looks sloooooow. Don’t know about this

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Bell looks sloooooow. Don’t know about this
    Was it that? My sense is that he was doing his "patience" thing, but it wasn't the right thing to do in our offense. If anyone does that, it's Lamar (and Lamar only). We need a RB to do the opposite: pick a hole, make one cut, and go. Bell took too much time thinking about it.

These RBs are going to be pretty well rested.

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    Was it that? My sense is that he was doing his "patience" thing, but it wasn't the right thing to do in our offense. If anyone does that, it's Lamar (and Lamar only). We need a RB to do the opposite: pick a hole, make one cut, and go. Bell took too much time thinking about it.
    Yeah in our offense you dont wait for a hole, the hole is MADE for you. If you wait than the frozen/sliding DE or LB will get to you.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Whatever it was he doesn’t look like a fit. Ellis could have scored that TD that Bell did. It was worth a shot with Bell though, no harm done.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Whatever it was he doesn’t look like a fit. Ellis could have scored that TD that Bell did. It was worth a shot with Bell though, no harm done.
    With Murray now injured Bell probably continues to get a chance. Maybe he will heat up like Freeman after some more time in the offense, but Bell looks slow.

I did notice Bell going out wide quite a bit so I think GRo may be planning something there.
    Mike MacDonald should be our head coach next season

If Youre gonna say I said something, Quote me cause yall be lying.

Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

I thought it he looked OK, he's still working himself into the offense. If he is like Freeman, who was looking good today, it may just take him a little time to mesh with the offense.

I'm not writing him off yet. He's never been a speed demon.

I'll have to give it a rewatch to see what review tells me. We should ask a Steelers fan though, they could see if he looked like himself.

My Steelers fan buddy said that he looked pretty good to him. He also texted me unprovoked with

"Lamar = MVP" about half way through the third quarter.

We both agreed the NFL erred in putting the Ravens-Steelers matches on 12/5 and 1/9. The rivalry deserved better than that.

Blog Entries

To quote Harbs, that book hasn't been written yet. I trust that they will find the right combo based on their opponent. In the meantime, I'm enjoying the ride. This team is special.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    With Murray now injured Bell probably continues to get a chance. Maybe he will heat up like Freeman after some more time in the offense, but Bell looks slow.
    They’re 5-1 so I’m not sure how much time you give a once upon a time player to maybe find his groove if you don’t have to out of necessity. Coming into the middle of the season the formula should start coming into focus.