Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: When will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Or watch for free. Between antennae and illegal streams you really don't have to pay to watch the NFL anymore.
    Yup

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    Yup

I wish more people would do that. I think it would be great if you could just watch games PPV for a nominal fee or even subscribe to a seasons worth for something like 10 bucks per game. NFL is almost the only thing I watch on TV. That and the Olympics.

3. Re: When will it end?

You can just quit watching it or going to games if you don't want to see that put your money and viewership somewhere else

Just like I thought. You really don't have a clue. Oh well.....

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Just like I thought. You really don't have a clue. Oh well.....
    Oh well

5. Re: When will it end?

Oh well

It's tough to even have a debate w/someone who just doesn't understand even basic economics.

It's tough to even have a debate w/someone who just doesn't understand even basic economics.
    I know that you have a choice not to watch it and another go to games if you hate the political statement being made which ultimately effects the bottom line no one in attendance means less money

7. Re: When will it end?

I know that you have a choice not to watch it and another go to games if you hate the political statement being made which ultimately effects the bottom line no one in attendance means less money

If/when you really want to debate the whole story and not just the parts you want to be true, let me know. I have had the thought that maybe down deep, you might even get it but refuse to acknowledge it, lest your desired narrative be shot full of holes. On the other hand, if you really think it's as simple as "just turn off the games and don't watch", I have to just wonder....really?

If/when you really want to debate the whole story and not just the parts you want to be true, let me know. I have had the thought that maybe down deep, you might even get it but refuse to acknowledge it, lest your desired narrative be shot full of holes. On the other hand, if you really think it's as simple as "just turn off the games and don't watch", I have to just wonder....really?
    Not showing up to the games and jerseys sales all effect the bottom line if you don't like the statements being made don't go

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Do you not remember olympic athletes throwing the black power fist in the air? Do you not remember Muhammad Ali refusing to go to war? Chris Jackson refusing to acknowledge the flag? Look up Charlie Morton in 1883 in MLB. Look up Peter O' Connor in the 1906 Olympics. Look up the 1936 Olympic Games. Look up Althea Gibson and Alice Marble in tennis. Look up Bill Russell boycotting games in the name of social justice. Look up the 1965 AFL all star game. Look up the meeting on June 4, 1967. Look up the 1968 Olympics. Look up the Syracuse 8 in 1970.

I could go on and on and on. If you don't realize the fact of the matter that social justice and sports are intertwined, it is YOU that lives in a different reality, not me.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    This is all true but the difference is then it was unusual, now it is unusual not to have some kind of virtue signaling going on.

AFAIAC go ahead. You have lost my interest and your political statements have lost all impact.

And Ali refused to go to war, I don't recall political stunts at his fights. Carlin had a great line for this: "If Ali won't go kill people the government won't let him beat people up."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Athletes and communities/fans have much more of a symbiotic relationship than you make it seem. LeBron James is basically 50% of Cleveland's economy when he's there. not to mention all the stuff he does for kids ,etc...
    It's a shame Lebron doesn't do anything for the slave kids in China making his shoes. They're not the right color.

The thing is the people have a platform for these issues to be seen. It just makes people uncomfortable because they only want them to shut up and play. But them doing these things brings light to subjects that normally would not be talked about

They are bringing ZERO light to anything we aren't all aware of already. It is virtue signaling and nothing more.

And fact is in front of a crowd paying to see a sporting event (or concert or play or anything like that) is NOT the proper place for it.

I am paying to be entertained, not have political views spewed, even if I agree with them.

Because you should just shut up and watch the game and not ask for or boo or cheer just watch. You treat them as property for your entertainment

Property? No. Employees of the business I am paying to entertain me? Yes.