Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: When will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    But they are are not your property as a a fan they are paid by their employer

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Who we pay with our viewership and ticket purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    But you are are not directly paying the players so they are not your property

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Weak argument. You could technically say that about anything you buy.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Weak argument. You could technically say that about anything you buy.
    Kinda makes the point. Paid to entertain just as a waiter is paid to serve you food and a car salesman is paid to sell you a car. None of them are paid to give their political opinions to you.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Kinda makes the point. Paid to entertain just as a waiter is paid to serve you food and a car salesman is paid to sell you a car. None of them are paid to give their political opinions to you.
    They are still entertaining you so they are doing what they are paid to entertain you if they don't entertain you anymore stop watching so you don't pay them that is your choice

They are still entertaining you so they are doing what they are paid to entertain you if they don't entertain you anymore stop watching so you don't pay them that is your choice

Thats seems to be the point of the OP and other posters here. They have cut back on their viewership because of this. I know i have.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Thats seems to be the point of the OP and other posters here. They have cut back on their viewership because of this. I know i have.
    Then do that as it won't stop them from making a choice to be activist. So stop complaining and just stop watching. It seems that they have rented space in yalls head move on to viewing something else and don't give them your time or energy complaining about it

Blog Entries

Then do that as it won't stop them from making a choice to be activist. So stop complaining and just stop watching. It seems that they have rented space in yalls head move on to viewing something else and don't give them your time or energy complaining about it

We didn't start the thread...

9. Re: When will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Athletes and communities/fans have much more of a symbiotic relationship than you make it seem. LeBron James is basically 50% of Cleveland's economy when he's there. not to mention all the stuff he does for kids ,etc...
    He isn't 50% of any economy, but let's just play along w/your premise. Now tell us all how he got to be 50% of it.

10. Re: When will it end?

You really have no grasp of how an economy works, do you? You, me and basically everyone who participates in an economy pays into things like the NFL, etc. It makes not one bit of difference whether anyone watches the games, etc. They are paying into it all. If you can't or won't see that, then you are just oblivious to it all.

"The NFL reasserted its dominance over the American sports landscape on Thursday as it announced new media deals with CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN/ABC and Amazon that, according to a source, will net the league $113 billion over 11 years. That number is staggering, amounting to $321 million per team a year."

Just where do you think the networks get that money from? So, you can stop w/all that "just quit watching and complaining" crap.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    You really have no grasp of how an economy works, do you? You, me and basically everyone who participates in an economy pays into things like the NFL, etc. It makes not one bit of difference whether anyone watches the games, etc. They are paying into it all. If you can't or won't see that, then you are just oblivious to it all.

"The NFL reasserted its dominance over the American sports landscape on Thursday as it announced new media deals with CBS, Fox, NBC, ESPN/ABC and Amazon that, according to a source, will net the league $113 billion over 11 years. That number is staggering, amounting to $321 million per team a year."

Just where do you think the networks get that money from? So, you can stop w/all that "just quit watching and complaining" crap.
    You can just quit watching it or going to games if you don't want to see that put your money and viewership somewhere else

You can just quit watching it or going to games if you don't want to see that put your money and viewership somewhere else

Or watch for free. Between antennae and illegal streams you really don't have to pay to watch the NFL anymore.