Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: When will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    I enjoy having the conversation so I would let them state their opinion I can talk and eat

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    Mmmmm hmmmm.

And I'm sure if they wouldn't leave your table while they went on and on at no point would you ask them to stop.

I don't believe it for a second.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Mmmmm hmmmm.

And I'm sure if they wouldn't leave your table while they went on and on at no point would you ask them to stop.

I don't believe it for a second.
    Believe what you want but I love to debate

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Fans expect players to be role models, give their kids autographs, take pictures with them, be pillars in their communities, etc....yet also expect them to do nothing when certain societal issues impact their community.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Role models? No. Giving kids autographs, yes. It's part of their job. Selling jerseys, tickets, etc.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Just because it superfluous to doesn't mean it's that for them. To so these things when they can be seen gets people to talk about it more.

Its superfluous to their job.
    Again star player x from your local sports team is having an event to discuss y. See, that way people are getting what they are expecting. And like i said im sure the player can get free advertising to ‘be seen’

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Sports has always been about bringing different people together to cheer for something in common. This “in your face social justice” is the liberal way to divide us. Liberals have always hated competition and sports. The powers that be, know they are destroying sports. The useful idiots that parrot the garbage, don’t see it yet. They are the frogs in the boiling water

Each year, I am less and less excited for professional sports. I probably couldn’t name 10 players on the Ravens this year
    Probably because you're too busy living that boat life

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    No one said they were property. We simply expect them to do their jobs, entertain, and keep their superfluous shenanigans to themselves. The can push their agenda on their own time.
    Im sure they can even get free publicity for it. Star Player X from you local sports team is having an event today to discuss Y.
    To be fair, LeBron saying things on his own time a couple years ago certainly had people up in arms telling him to stick to sports.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    To be fair, LeBron saying things on his own time a couple years ago certainly had people up in arms telling him to stick to sports.

What did he say?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    What did he say?
    He talks about social issues all the time

Blog Entries

Because you should just shut up and watch the game and not ask for or boo or cheer just watch. You treat them as property for your entertainment

Isn't the NFL's stand on vaccinations and pretty much forcing players to be vaccinated, treating them as property?

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Professional athletes don't exist without fans. If they did, most of them wouldn't give them the time of day. It's part of their job.

Athletes and communities/fans have much more of a symbiotic relationship than you make it seem. LeBron James is basically 50% of Cleveland's economy when he's there. not to mention all the stuff he does for kids ,etc...

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Role models? No. Giving kids autographs, yes. It's part of their job. Selling jerseys, tickets, etc.

lol it definitely isn't part of the job description. There are plenty of a hole athletes who don't do any of that. No autographs, no pics, no free camps for kids, no nothing. They literally play the game and go home.

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Isn't the NFL's stand on vaccinations and pretty much forcing players to be vaccinated, treating them as property?
    But they are are not your property as a a fan they are paid by their employer