Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 1213141516 LastLast

Re: When will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Of course they are. When did I say they weren't?

That doesn't mean that they get to be painted with a broad brush, however, which is what many conservatives try to do.
    Your last statement is absolutely 100% false. I know a lot of black people that show up for work everyday and are the nicest people who I respect and to blatantly believe conservatives think like this is outrageous.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

How do you know what's being told to poor kids in the inner city? Want to join me one day when I go work with Safe Streets Baltimore? Maybe you'll have a different perspective on stuff you speak of yet know nothing about.
    So then they are told this and just ignore it? Then it is their poor choices.

From an admitted distance I see people like Sharpton and Jackson previously and now a colossal choir of left wing nuts telling them about white supremacy and how they don't have a chance.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe they know they do have a chance, an EXCELLENT chance, but they don't give a damn and just make the poor choices described earlier.

Please tell us which is the case; Bad info or bad choices?

I was thinking it had to be bad info because I expect they would make the good choices if they knew what they were. Maybe I am overconfident in their common sense.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    So then they are told this and just ignore it? Then it is their poor choices.

From an admitted distance I see people like Sharpton and Jackson previously and now a colossal choir of left wing nuts telling them about white supremacy and how they don't have a chance.

Maybe I am wrong. Maybe they know they do have a chance, an EXCELLENT chance, but they don't give a damn and just make the poor choices described earlier.

Please tell us which is the case; Bad info or bad choices?

I was thinking it had to be bad info because I expect they would make the good choices if they knew what they were. Maybe I am overconfident in their common sense.
    I don't know. I can only speak for myself and what I see on a day to day basis. It could be both. Bad info and bad choices. Admittedly, it is a lot easier to get a teenager to listen to you when it's supported by responsible parenting.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Your last statement is absolutely 100% false. I know a lot of black people that show up for work everyday and are the nicest people who I respect and to blatantly believe conservatives think like this is outrageous.
    I should have said conservative pundits. I know a few conservatives. Some think this way, some don't.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Agree 100%

The hard part is convincing horny teenagers that 30 minutes of pleasure will probably wreck their future. That's damn near impossible to come back from.
    It's a vicious cycle. Without a father the mother is usually working terrible hours leaving the kids unattended and able to run the streets and do what they want.

Without father figures at home it would really help if black leaders, athletes, and celebrities would talk about responsibility and being there for your children.

I think Obama really missed an opportunity there when he was President. Lebron as well. Maybe he has, but I haven't heard anything. It's like its off limits to talk about or something.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Agree 100%

The hard part is convincing horny teenagers that 30 minutes of pleasure will probably wreck their future. That's damn near impossible to come back from.
    Wreck their future? You mean they’re somehow held accountable?

Wait, is it possible to jaywalk in the country?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

That doesn't mean that they get to be painted with a broad brush, however, which is what many conservatives try to do.
    Then you are trying to hold two opposite opinions at the same time.

Actually, Conservatives treat people as individuals. It’s the liberals who feel that all black people are somehow inferior and all need some level of assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Then you are trying to hold two opposite opinions at the same time.
    Good point.

Given that we all seem to agree that doing certain things can pull you out of poverty with high chance of success, I don't think you can also say the poor are so oppressed it keeps them in poverty.

I should have said conservative pundits. I know a few conservatives. Some think this way, some don't.
    No not conservative pundits neither. Being critical of electing the same ol leadership which keeps poverty in place is fair imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    Good point.

Given that we all seem to agree that doing certain things can pull you out of poverty with high chance of success, I don't think you can also say the poor are so oppressed it keeps them in poverty.
    Yeah but that means giving up your free perks and having to pay taxes. . Being responsible? Sheesh.