Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 13141516 LastLast
Results 169 to 180 of 182
  1. #169
    Join Date
    Jul 2020
    Location
    Blue crab country
    Posts
    797

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Wait, is it possible to jaywalk in the country?
    Hell yeah!! If you ain't crossing on a clearly marked crosswalk with the walk symbol that's bouncing off an ear of corn you are jaywalking.
    I don't know a lot but I know a little





  2. #170

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Willbacker View Post
    Hell yeah!! If you ain't crossing on a clearly marked crosswalk with the walk symbol that's bouncing off an ear of corn you are jaywalking.
    I'm such a rebel.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock





  3. #171
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    9,230

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Then you are trying to hold two opposite opinions at the same time.
    Cognitive dissonance is no problem for those on the left.

    For example, we should have open borders to all the unskilled workers who want to come here and work.

    We need to raise the wages of the low end workers so they can feed their families.

    For those of us on the right we can see the issue with these two positions and how they conflict. Not so much on the left.





  4. #172
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    10,419

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nope. They changed their stance to keep the woke culture off their backs. A small minority who make up for small numbers with loud mouths, riots, and violence. The NFL knows folks like me aren't going to cause a stink. Some will quietly walk away as interest wanes, but they won't burn shit down, beat people up, call for boycotts, wear pussy hats, etc. Eventually though their numbers of fans will start to shrink. AAMOF, those numbers are already shrinking evidenced by lower TV ratings recently. And why, given how good the Ravens are likely to be and as exciting as they are with Jackson, are they having a hard time selling out?

    People vote with their feet, which is why people are flocking here and not to other countries despite us being so horrible according to the left. If the NFL doesn't wake up to this soon they may lose people permanently.

    But there is NO WAY, and you can provide zero examples, of NFL players leaving the NFL over their inability to be political on the field. NO FREAKING WAY.
    I think part of the trouble selling out is that the home experience has gotten way better, and you don't have younger people that can afford season tickets to replace older people that don't renew.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk





  5. #173
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates
    Posts
    9,230

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    I think part of the trouble selling out is that the home experience has gotten way better, and you don't have younger people that can afford season tickets to replace older people that don't renew.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    I won't all-out argue with this as I sold my PSLs a few years ago. Getting up in age and every home game with tailgating, while enjoyable, was getting to be a bit much. However, there is nothing like being in the stadium for great games with great crowds. I believe the political crap has caused a good number to not go AND NOT WATCH ON TV. The lower ratings on TV belie your point being the main reason. A contributor, yes, but I know a number of people around my age that just got sick of the crap.





  6. #174
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    10,419

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Wait, is it possible to jaywalk in the country?
    Of course. Not like a car will be there to stop you.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk





  7. #175
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Pasadena, MD
    Posts
    10,419

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I won't all-out argue with this as I sold my PSLs a few years ago. Getting up in age and every home game with tailgating, while enjoyable, was getting to be a bit much. However, there is nothing like being in the stadium for great games with great crowds. I believe the political crap has caused a good number to not go AND NOT WATCH ON TV. The lower ratings on TV belie your point being the main reason. A contributor, yes, but I know a number of people around my age that just got sick of the crap.
    Yeah. I think the older demographic is more likely to cancel their seats over it. My suspicion is my age group is less concerned over the politics, but either can't afford psls or life gets in the way. I could probably afford the tickets if I tried to budget for it, but finding a sitter for my wife and I to go out all day would be tough

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk





  8. #176

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Of course. Not like a car will be there to stop you.

    Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    We have cars. They're generally up on cinder blocks in the front yard, but we have cars.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock





  9. #177

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I'm such a rebel.
    That's your privilege you tyrannical white patriarchal bastage.





  10. #178
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    That's your privilege you tyrannical white patriarchal bastage.
    Wait.....he's white?





  11. #179

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Wait.....he's white?
    I identify as a rainbow unicorn.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock





  12. #180
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Location
    Western NC
    Posts
    3,899

    Re: When will it end?

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    I identify as a rainbow unicorn.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site