Page 1 of 16 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

When will it end?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...lmets-2021.amp

When will the virtue signaling end. I’m on my knees every night BEGGING for it to stop dampening my enthusiasm for something I love so much. It’s exhausting. When does it end?…. It never will, but I’m begging for it to. Why can’t sports just be sports and social issues be off the field. This stuff is so counter productive it’s mind numbing. All we ask is to watch a game and team we love with other people who love the same thing, not thinking twice about what other fans, coaches, or players believe.
    God, Family, Country, Orioles Baseball, Ravens Football

Re: When will it end?

Virtue signaling is idiotic and annoying but people complaining about sports and social issues being intertwined make no sense to me. Sports have always and forever been a microcosm of life, both good and bad. Sports represents the best of us when teams display sportsmanship, comrarderie, togetherness, courage, guts, etc...but sports have always also been the avenue for those in society to showcase the ills of the world in which they live. This has never not been the case. Literally, from Rome and the Coliseum, to the Olympics, to local sports, social issues have also been brought to the forefront. For all the good that can been in display in sports, we cannot turn a blind eye to the horror of society that must be displayed as well.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Baltimore35 View Post
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fox...lmets-2021.amp

When will the virtue signaling end. I’m on my knees every night BEGGING for it to stop dampening my enthusiasm for something I love so much. It’s exhausting. When does it end?…. It never will, but I’m begging for it to. Why can’t sports just be sports and social issues be off the field. This stuff is so counter productive it’s mind numbing. All we ask is to watch a game and team we love with other people who love the same thing, not thinking twice about what other fans, coaches, or players believe.
    It won't end until the marxist takeover is complete .

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Virtue signaling is idiotic and annoying but people complaining about sports and social issues being intertwined make no sense to me. Sports have always and forever been a microcosm of life, both good and bad. Sports represents the best of us when teams display sportsmanship, comrarderie, togetherness, courage, guts, etc...but sports have always also been the avenue for those in society to showcase the ills of the world in which they live. This has never not been the case. Literally, from Rome and the Coliseum, to the Olympics, to local sports, social issues have also been brought to the forefront. For all the good that can been in display in sports, we cannot turn a blind eye to the horror of society that must be displayed as well.

Sports has always been about bringing different people together to cheer for something in common. This “in your face social justice” is the liberal way to divide us. Liberals have always hated competition and sports. The powers that be, know they are destroying sports. The useful idiots that parrot the garbage, don’t see it yet. They are the frogs in the boiling water

Each year, I am less and less excited for professional sports. I probably couldn’t name 10 players on the Ravens this year

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Sports has always been about bringing different people together to cheer for something in common. This “in your face social justice” is the liberal way to divide us. Liberals have always hated competition and sports. The powers that be, know they are destroying sports. The useful idiots that parrot the garbage, don’t see it yet. They are the frogs in the boiling water

Each year, I am less and less excited for professional sports. I probably couldn’t name 10 players on the Ravens this year
    Liberals hate competition?! Cmon bro

Liberals hate competition?! Cmon bro

Marxists and communists hate fair competition. They want everything to be equal except for the ruling class. This is why they hate Capitalism.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Sports and social issues have always been intertwined????Are you kidding? Its like you live in a different reality.

8. Re: When will it end?

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post

I totally agree. If they weren't able to basically extort money from the general public to fund their actions and weren't worried about their cash cow drying up, none of this would be possible. All I do is follow the Ravens. Haven't watched a game in years and really couldn't care less about the players, who is on the team, etc. Other than pacifying the players w/this shit, it serves no purpose.

Quote Originally Posted by blah3 View Post
    Sports and social issues have always been intertwined????Are you kidding? Its like you live in a different reality.
    Do you not remember olympic athletes throwing the black power fist in the air? Do you not remember Muhammad Ali refusing to go to war? Chris Jackson refusing to acknowledge the flag? Look up Charlie Morton in 1883 in MLB. Look up Peter O' Connor in the 1906 Olympics. Look up the 1936 Olympic Games. Look up Althea Gibson and Alice Marble in tennis. Look up Bill Russell boycotting games in the name of social justice. Look up the 1965 AFL all star game. Look up the meeting on June 4, 1967. Look up the 1968 Olympics. Look up the Syracuse 8 in 1970.

I could go on and on and on. If you don't realize the fact of the matter that social justice and sports are intertwined, it is YOU that lives in a different reality, not me.

Blog Entries

Do you not remember olympic athletes throwing the black power fist in the air? Do you not remember Muhammad Ali refusing to go to war? Chris Jackson refusing to acknowledge the flag? Look up Charlie Morton in 1883 in MLB. Look up Peter O' Connor in the 1906 Olympics. Look up the 1936 Olympic Games. Look up Althea Gibson and Alice Marble in tennis. Look up Bill Russell boycotting games in the name of social justice. Look up the 1965 AFL all star game. Look up the meeting on June 4, 1967. Look up the 1968 Olympics. Look up the Syracuse 8 in 1970.

I could go on and on and on. If you don't realize the fact of the matter that social justice and sports are intertwined, it is YOU that lives in a different reality, not me.

Please go on and on. Cause what I see are a handful of examples in over 100 years of sports where thousands upon thousands of games have been played.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Please go on and on. Cause what I see are a handful of examples in over 100 years of sports where thousands upon thousands of games have been played.
    Would you like me start back in 532 and the Nika Revolts in Constantinople?

Blog Entries

Would you like me start back in 532 and the Nika Revolts in Constantinople?

Maybe we have a different definition of "intertwined"