Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Westminster OG, now behind enemy lines in NE
    Blog Entries

Re: 2021 NFL covid tracker

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ia-peter-king/

Short part quoted here, not even 1/20th the article

"Quarterbacks and Covid. That’s what I found myself thinking about trying to pick the Super Bowl LVI participants.

First a word about Covid, which you’re all tired of hearing about, I’m sure. I am too. But one coach of a playoff contender told me after dismissing his players for a long weekend—most teams are returning from three or four days off today or tomorrow, a luxurious mini-bye baked onto the backside of the three-game preseason schedule—he is concerned about the weekend plus what lies ahead with the virus.

“I think Covid might affect teams more this year than last year,” this coach said. “Everybody was in the same boat last year without a vaccine, but now you’ve got vaccinated and unvaccinated players on most teams, and teams are trying to keep them apart, but look at what’s happened already with the close contacts staying away for five days. And this weekend worries me. Players going home, going back to their schools. Our message to our guys before they left was, ‘Live your life, but remember you’ve got a responsibility to this team.’ “

Case in point: News broke Sunday that Cowboys starting guard Zack Martin, vital cog in keeping Dak Prescott upright, was placed on the Covid list and would miss Thursday night’s opener against Tampa Bay.

It’s weird trying to pick the best teams this year. Do you consider the Covid-hotspot areas? Should it be a factor that, per the New York Times Covid case counts, Tampa Bay sits in a county with a recent daily average of 113 daily new cases per 100,000 people, and the Bills play in a county with an average of 20 daily new cases per 100,000 residents? Or do you just throw your hands in the air and not consider the kind of havoc Covid could wreak on a team at all? I just don’t know. It’s in the back of my mind, and it influenced but did not dominate my picks."

Blog Entries

Unusual cardiac condition
    Assume unrelated unless followup deems otherwise
    https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...lar-heartbeat/

Blog Entries

I am current on my list between today at 3pm and August 31 2pm via scouring the PFT rumor mill pages. I will be posting the data again when I get to July 31, maybe August 26 (date of the NFL press conference).

Blog Entries

Saints have eight total positive COVID tests on Tuesday

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ts-on-tuesday/
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    Saints have eight total positive COVID tests on Tuesday

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ts-on-tuesday/
    Player looks like Michael Thomas, they just put him on the Covid list
    https://twitter.com/FieldYates/statu...78757046603780

Blog Entries

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...days-practice/

Randy Gregory - vaxed - covid positive on Monday 2021-09-13

Blog Entries

https://defector.com/fake-vaccine-ca...m-for-the-nfl/

Anon NFL agent believes 10-15% NFL players have fake vax cards

!!!

The following is quoted from the website, the article is a lot longer than this.

"Fake CDC cards, often ordered online, are big business and growing, and two NFL agents who work for different agencies told Defector that players they represent asked them for help getting a fake vaccine card. (Both agents declined to do so.) One of those agents said that his client asked him about getting a fake card because a teammate of his had used one. “He was like, ‘Oh well my teammate’s got this fake card. Should I just do that?’” the agent said. “I’m like no! Just get vaccinated!”

This player was interested in getting a fake because he had just been placed on the COVID-19 reserve list for being a close contact. Two days after the conversation with his agent, the player got COVID himself.

Based on what that agent learned from his conversation with this player and others similarly shut down as close contacts in 2021, he estimates that 10–15 percent of players have a fake vaccine card. “I think it is a lot more common than people realize,” he said. “Look, you’re talking about the NFL. These guys do anything they can to fudge a weed test or a PED test.”

A third NFL agent told Defector that he hadn’t directly heard of any players using fakes but assumed it was probably happening. We spoke in the morning and that same night, the agent texted me back with an update: “Was told by a player tonight that a big-name guy on his team has a fake card. Players know.”

Defector reached out to 18 NFL players to ask about fake cards, but just three were willing to talk. Players 1 and 2 got vaccinated at their team facilities, with the team medical staff there to witness their jabs in person. The third player said that he only just recently got the vaccine, and he set up his own appointment at a local grocery store’s pharmacy counter. His team didn’t know he was getting the vaccine until he sent his team’s trainer a photo of his CDC card after his appointment. He said, in theory, it would be possible for other players to use a fake card.

Player 2, who was vaccinated at his team’s facility, said he didn’t know of a specific player with a fake, but that talk of fake cards has been “going around, like people find all kinds of loopholes for all kinds of stuff.”

Even athletic trainers, the club employees specifically charged with tracking player vaccinations, admit that there could be fake vaccine cards in the NFL. “I have NO doubt it is possible,” texted one trainer. "

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    https://defector.com/fake-vaccine-ca...m-for-the-nfl/

Anon NFL agent believes 10-15% NFL players have fake vax cards

!!!

The following is quoted from the website, the article is a lot longer than this.

"Fake CDC cards, often ordered online, are big business and growing, and two NFL agents who work for different agencies told Defector that players they represent asked them for help getting a fake vaccine card. (Both agents declined to do so.) One of those agents said that his client asked him about getting a fake card because a teammate of his had used one. “He was like, ‘Oh well my teammate’s got this fake card. Should I just do that?’” the agent said. “I’m like no! Just get vaccinated!”

This player was interested in getting a fake because he had just been placed on the COVID-19 reserve list for being a close contact. Two days after the conversation with his agent, the player got COVID himself.

Based on what that agent learned from his conversation with this player and others similarly shut down as close contacts in 2021, he estimates that 10–15 percent of players have a fake vaccine card. “I think it is a lot more common than people realize,” he said. “Look, you’re talking about the NFL. These guys do anything they can to fudge a weed test or a PED test.”

A third NFL agent told Defector that he hadn’t directly heard of any players using fakes but assumed it was probably happening. We spoke in the morning and that same night, the agent texted me back with an update: “Was told by a player tonight that a big-name guy on his team has a fake card. Players know.”

Defector reached out to 18 NFL players to ask about fake cards, but just three were willing to talk. Players 1 and 2 got vaccinated at their team facilities, with the team medical staff there to witness their jabs in person. The third player said that he only just recently got the vaccine, and he set up his own appointment at a local grocery store’s pharmacy counter. His team didn’t know he was getting the vaccine until he sent his team’s trainer a photo of his CDC card after his appointment. He said, in theory, it would be possible for other players to use a fake card.

Player 2, who was vaccinated at his team’s facility, said he didn’t know of a specific player with a fake, but that talk of fake cards has been “going around, like people find all kinds of loopholes for all kinds of stuff.”

Even athletic trainers, the club employees specifically charged with tracking player vaccinations, admit that there could be fake vaccine cards in the NFL. “I have NO doubt it is possible,” texted one trainer. "
    "A fifth agent, who declined to talk for this piece, may have inadvertently summed up the NFL’s mindset on verifying easy-to-fake vaccine statuses. “Staying far away from that one,” the agent told me. “I don’t ask questions I don’t want to know answers to.”"

Blog Entries

This defector article is outstanding for what it reveals about the process

Trainers are the team officials charged with tracking vax status (likely in the NFL guidelines, but it highlights it and the way they keep track). I joked with a buddy at the start of all this that Vax cards would soon be more highly controlled and worth more than a doctor's controlled substance pad they use to write scripts for scheduled substances like amphetamines, benzos and oxy. Wish I wasn't right about that...

"An NFL spokesperson told Defector that the league instructed each club to check players’ cards, but left the details up to each individual team to handle. Defector talked to three different trainers with three different teams, and each said there’s been no additional instruction or training on how to verify player vaccinations beyond taking photos of the cards."

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iamjacks View Post
    This defector article is outstanding for what it reveals about the process

Trainers are the team officials charged with tracking vax status (likely in the NFL guidelines, but it highlights it and the way they keep track). I joked with a buddy at the start of all this that Vax cards would soon be more highly controlled and worth more than a doctor's controlled substance pad they use to write scripts for scheduled substances like amphetamines, benzos and oxy. Wish I wasn't right about that...

"An NFL spokesperson told Defector that the league instructed each club to check players’ cards, but left the details up to each individual team to handle. Defector talked to three different trainers with three different teams, and each said there’s been no additional instruction or training on how to verify player vaccinations beyond taking photos of the cards."
    Sorry I'm working my way through this with you. This is about what I would expect from football teams, based on what Mike Flynn said during early days in deflate gate. He said that if they defalted the balls [they did, but this was in the first week after the story broke] he said that it would have to be so simple because they are football guys. It couldn't be some elaborate thing and would have to be sticking needles into balls and not some exotic gas that had some unusual property or some trick. It had to be simple and quick. This seems to follow that. See physical card, write/type dates, take picture - give card back and don't ask anything else.

"“I haven’t googled how to look for what gives away a fake vaccine card,” said a second NFL trainer. “I truly don’t know what the red flags are. I mean, they all look fairly normal. I am sure there are little nuances and little subtleties in fake ones but I haven’t put in the time to try to investigate what those look like.”

The second trainer said he’s only come across one card that gave him pause because it was a little crinkled and beat up. The trainers said they ask to see the physical card for each vaccinated player, and enter the numbers and dates into the electronic portal that stores player health information. “They must submit the physical card,” the third trainer said. “Not taking their word for it.”

After the info is uploaded, the trainers said their work is done.

“No other questions are asked,” the second trainer said. “I don’t go fishing around either.”"

Blog Entries

https://www.nfl.com/playerhealthands...ll-aug-26-2021

Just found this, I was looking for it at the start of the thread, reading it now and seeing if there were any other drops that we could use

Blog Entries

NFL MMWR publication of 2020 stuff

NOTE please understand this is not a scientific paper, it is not an article, it is just some stuff the NFL said. MMWR is not peer reviewed, it is not a review, it is strictly supposed to be numbers, do NOT confuse this with scientific literature, it is not. Some including the authors will try to pass it off as a paper, but it isn't, it is just telling a story without the check of review and editors screening it. This is political. This is the same for anything published in the MMWR

Seriously, this is a political article and MAYBE the numbers are OK but they are trying to influence you with this and no matter what this isn't published scientific research even if they tell you it is. MMWR isn't a journal, it is the house organ of the CDC. Treat it like a corporate internal company magazine.

OK - /Disclaimer

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/wr/mm7004e2.htm