Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 23 of 23
  1. #13

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Whether you think it's xenophobia, racism, insensitive etc.. none of that matters. If large numbers of Afghan male refugees are being settled near to you or you know of where many will be you need to tell your daughters, wives, sisters, mothers to stay away. It doesn't matter if it's broad daylight in an open space where no sane person would attempt to molest and attack a woman.... just stay away. Read about what happened in Europe. It's disturbing.
    Not saying youíre wrong, just that the left sees it as a small price to pay for welcoming them into our country.





  2. #14

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    Not saying youíre wrong, just that the left sees it as a small price to pay for welcoming them into our country.
    Votes.

    I wasn't trying to preach to you, more agreeing. As a practical manner it's something people need to look out for. I really don't want it to be political it's more of a public service announcement. You're not likely to see the behavior I'm talking about from any other group of migrants and that's why I'm not ranting about them. It's a particular problem with this group.





  3. #15

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    You might be surprised at how many of these refugees are Americans/westernized. The fundamentalists arenít really the ones who need to fear the Taliban. The company I work for donates food and I have met many of these people while handing out meals at the airport. I have yet to see anyone get raped but Iíll keep my eye out.





  4. #16
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,594
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    You might be surprised at how many of these refugees are Americans/westernized. The fundamentalists arenít really the ones who need to fear the Taliban. The company I work for donates food and I have met many of these people while handing out meals at the airport. I have yet to see anyone get raped but Iíll keep my eye out.
    Feds indict two Afghan refugees on child sex, spousal assault charges

    https://nypost.com/2021/09/23/afghan...maad-indicted/





  5. #17

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Feds indict two Afghan refugees on child sex, spousal assault charges

    https://nypost.com/2021/09/23/afghan...maad-indicted/
    Get ready for the word "anecdotal" to be thrown around. I've really grown to hate that word. Sure, it has it's place, but it seems it's used more to brush aside what someone doesn't want to hear and minimize what's being talked about. Gotta keep that pre-conceived narrative flowing, ya know.





  6. #18

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Feds indict two Afghan refugees on child sex, spousal assault charges

    https://nypost.com/2021/09/23/afghan...maad-indicted/
    A few weeks ago we couldnít get them out fast enough, and everyone seemed to be very empathetic towards the situation. There was a pretty long thread here about it. I couldnít believe some of the bleeding hearts going on and on about our allies and the poor women and children of Afghanistan. Now, for whatever reason, people seem to be changing their tune.

    I read the article you linked and it seems these people are staying at the army base while they are being vetted, like all the other refugees. I would imagine this was an ongoing thing but of course the women canít report it in Afghanistan. So now these guys get shipped straight back to the Taliban. Sounds like the system did its job.

    US Military bases have had markedly higher incidences of sex assault long before any Afghan refugees got here, and it was largely swept under the rug. I am glad to see that they are taking these crimes more seriously. As long as your wife/daughter stays out of the military they should be fine.





  7. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    20,594
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    A few weeks ago we couldn’t get them out fast enough, and everyone seemed to be very empathetic towards the situation. There was a pretty long thread here about it. I couldn’t believe some of the bleeding hearts going on and on about our allies and the poor women and children of Afghanistan. Now, for whatever reason, people seem to be changing their tune.

    I read the article you linked and it seems these people are staying at the army base while they are being vetted, like all the other refugees. I would imagine this was an ongoing thing but of course the women can’t report it in Afghanistan. So now these guys get shipped straight back to the Taliban. Sounds like the system did its job.

    US Military bases have had markedly higher incidences of sex assault long before any Afghan refugees got here, and it was largely swept under the rug. I am glad to see that they are taking these crimes more seriously. As long as your wife/daughter stays out of the military they should be fine.
    I don't know what threads you're talking about. I'd imagine it was about US citizens and getting them out.

    I do not support bringing refugees here. Relocate them to Irag or something country that is more similar to their culture.
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle





  8. #20

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    A few weeks ago we couldnít get them out fast enough, and everyone seemed to be very empathetic towards the situation. There was a pretty long thread here about it. I couldnít believe some of the bleeding hearts going on and on about our allies and the poor women and children of Afghanistan. Now, for whatever reason, people seem to be changing their tune.

    I read the article you linked and it seems these people are staying at the army base while they are being vetted, like all the other refugees. I would imagine this was an ongoing thing but of course the women canít report it in Afghanistan. So now these guys get shipped straight back to the Taliban. Sounds like the system did its job.

    US Military bases have had markedly higher incidences of sex assault long before any Afghan refugees got here, and it was largely swept under the rug. I am glad to see that they are taking these crimes more seriously. As long as your wife/daughter stays out of the military they should be fine.
    Illegal immigrants have been charged with raping young girls in Montgomery County several times this year. I hope you seriously aren't saying its not an issue unless someone is in the military.

    Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk





  9. #21

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by New ! View Post
    You might be surprised at how many of these refugees are Americans/westernized. The fundamentalists aren’t really the ones who need to fear the Taliban. The company I work for donates food and I have met many of these people while handing out meals at the airport. I have yet to see anyone get raped but I’ll keep my eye out.
    I worked with a young Afghan guy and he and another young Pakistani guy (skinny as a rail but he and his wife wore their Ravens bling to work!) were the two best QA guys on our team and they were the closest things I had to best friends at my job. Both westernized, both great guys that I am fortunate to have as friends.

    I am not worried about the educated westernized Afghans and if that is mostly what we got great.

    I don't know the nature of the refugees that ended up in Europe. Probably people that footed it through Turkey. The woman that was reporting the Afghan rape phenomenon is married to an Afghan diplomat I believe and even she was shocked by it. It's something to be aware of.





  10. #22

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Get ready for the word "anecdotal" to be thrown around. I've really grown to hate that word. Sure, it has it's place, but it seems it's used more to brush aside what someone doesn't want to hear and minimize what's being talked about. Gotta keep that pre-conceived narrative flowing, ya know.
    That story is the type of thing I'm talking about. It's a scenario that almost denies belief. I think a female soldier at one of these ad hoc refugee camps on a military base got attacked too which is like Wtf!?! How stupid/messed up can you be. Some of the rapes in Europe were broad daylight attempts to attack women in public swimming pools, and in parks and i think one involved a mother pushing a stroller. Just crazy, crazy stuff like that.





  11. #23

    Re: Here Come the Afghan Refugees

    Well like when a man becomes the stepfather to another mans family, we became the stepfather to another country citizens when we took over Afghanistan.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site