Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
The badly informed but wishes to learn European asks a question

Is it possible a President gets too much credit and too much blame just like a QB?

People discuss the economy under a President and give them credit or blame but the turnaround might have started 2 years before in another term

Even I know it’s Congress who hold the power to declare war

Why is the failure in Afghanistan the fault of one President and not 100 senators and 435 in congress? Do they not also have committees giving advice and interviewing military leaders?

Who decided the Afghan military could hold out and failed like a deck of cards? If it was the President then the constitution has an issue as one person should never have that power to make all the decisions and take all the credit or blame

You fought to get rid of King George III after all ha

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalkr
Congress last declared war in 1942. So I guess that means we haven’t been at war since then…

Since Obama took office, the Us president has weeks closer and closer to a dictator with every executive order.

The Afghan military folded like a cheap chair because Biden cut off their salaries in January.

Your over-arching point has merit, but much like a QB, the president sure does have a LOT of effect on the direction of the country, even if not quite as much as suggested some times.

For example, gas prices are often blamed on presidents that have little to no control over the prices, that said, Biden deserves a whole lot of blame in the uptick in prices since he took office as he absolutely changed our leverage position in the worlds oil game when he completely folded up all hopes of energy independence and handed all of the price fixing power to OPEC.
In this case, he absolutely had the decision making power to send our military back in, or at the very least destroy our equipment snd runways. He chose to do none of that, no one else made that choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk