Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

RIP: Charlie Watts

Passed away yesterday at 80. I like the Stones, not one of my favorite bands, but I grew up with their music. Saw their Steel Wheels tour.

Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street are classics.

Was reading about what a great family man Watts was. Loved jazz as a kid and wanted to be a jazz drummer, not having much interest in R&R, but Jagger & Co. insisted on recruiting him.

He hated being on the road, getting chased by crazy fans, etc., and actually kept a countdown calendar when on the road, keeping track of the number of days he could return to family.

Blog Entries

Re: RIP: Charlie Watts

A huge loss and one of the great ones for sure.

3. Re: RIP: Charlie Watts

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    Passed away yesterday at 80. I like the Stones, not one of my favorite bands, but I grew up with their music. Saw their Steel Wheels tour.

Sticky Fingers and Exile on Main Street are classics.

Was reading about what a great family man Watts was. Loved jazz as a kid and wanted to be a jazz drummer, not having much interest in R&R, but Jagger & Co. insisted on recruiting him.

He hated being on the road, getting chased by crazy fans, etc., and actually kept a countdown calendar when on the road, keeping track of the number of days he could return to family.
    I feel the same. They were never one of my favorites, either, but for sure one of the best of all time. Many, many great songs. As for Sticky Fingers, it's a very "memorable" album cover and a great album.

https://festivalpeak.com/sticky-fing...s-6d1ee2031851

RIP Charlie.

Re: RIP: Charlie Watts

I remember watching the video for "Waiting on a Friend" in the early 80's with a friend of mine who loved that video and thinking distinctly it was "new stones" and that they were an old band etc.. and the newer music was not as good etc.. What can I saw I was dumb. It just struck me just now as quite unbelievable that was almost 40 years ago. 40 freaking years ago. Watts was probably in his late 30's. I'm stuck by the amount of time that has passed since then.

Live life now folks. Time comes for all of us. In the case of Watts the dude as almost 40 and still putting out good music with the band and had an entire second half of his life to live at that point.