Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cat fight

1. Re: Cat fight

I agree. If I recall correctly, the bakers lost their case, simply for refusing to make their cake and I think they said it was against their religious beliefs, w/it being for a gay couple. Imagine if the tables were turned and someone tried to refuse service to AOC, for example.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Cat fight

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    I agree. If I recall correctly, the bakers lost their case, simply for refusing to make their cake and I think they said it was against their religious beliefs, w/it being for a gay couple. Imagine if the tables were turned and someone tried to refuse service to AOC, for example.
    Actually he eventually won at the Supreme Court, then CO went after him again, and again he prevailed at the SC. They are now going after him again. At this point those using their government office to harass the man need to be thrown in prison.

3. Re: Cat fight

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Actually he eventually won at the Supreme Court, then CO went after him again, and again he prevailed at the SC. They are now going after him again. At this point those using their government office to harass the man need to be thrown in prison.
    Oh ok, thanks. I hadn't followed it all that much, but was surprised that he wasn't able to deny the fruitcakes their cake. I'm happy that the SCOTUS found in his favor. It's bullshit. As we are seeing now, a business should be allowed to deny service to anyone for any reason, as long as someone's constitutional rights are not violated. Try forcing a Muslim restaurant owner to cook you up some pork sandwiches once and see how that flies.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Oh ok, thanks. I hadn't followed it all that much, but was surprised that he wasn't able to deny the fruitcakes their cake. I'm happy that the SCOTUS found in his favor. It's bullshit. As we are seeing now, a business should be allowed to deny service to anyone for any reason, as long as someone's constitutional rights are not violated. Try forcing a Muslim restaurant owner to cook you up some pork sandwiches once and see how that flies.
    The thing is, he didn't deny anybody service. The gay couple bought many products from him. He doesn't deny service (which is his privilege in any case), but he does deny requests for certain products.

And this just shows how much the lefty activists suck. They just can't live and let live. They are power hungry a--holes who feel the need to pester everybody else to think like them.

C. S. Lewis said it best:

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    She's an attractive woman no doubt. The question is if she was possibly vetted properly and might have some big skeletons or other embarrassing improper stuff going on. I personally don't like that Klacik is playing the victim card here and against such a prominent conservative voice. The entire thing stinks a bit and if I have to pick sides I'd go with Owens. Owens might be a bit Trumpian/Coulterian in her utterances but she has the intellectual horses under the hood to back up anything she does and says and I don't think Candace Owens would ever embarrass the right.
    What does that even mean? Trumpian? She is a extremely smart, educated woman, that happens to be very attractive, oh, and a black conservative. Trump isn’t conservative. Trump is just loyal to his country.

Cat fight

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    What does that even mean? Trumpian? She is a extremely smart, educated woman, that happens to be very attractive, oh, and a black conservative. Trump isn’t conservative. Trump is just loyal to his country.
    While not the most popular use of Trumpian…I believe Bust is referring to Trumps style. As in “ anti-establishment, unconventional, tell-it-like-it -is approach to politics. This is “Trumpian “ according to Trump supporters and followers.

Shouldn’t YOU have known that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk