Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: History Happens Again

This from Nancy Pelosi - The President is to be commended for the clarity of purpose of his statement on Afghanistan and his action. The Taliban must know the world is watching its actions. We are concerned about reports regarding the Taliban’s brutal treatment of all Afghans, especially women and girls.
    12:04 PM · Aug 15, 2021

Yet she's not concerned about the women and girls treatment from the cartels at the southern border. UFB

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    This from Nancy Pelosi - The President is to be commended for the clarity of purpose of his statement on Afghanistan and his action. The Taliban must know the world is watching its actions. We are concerned about reports regarding the Taliban’s brutal treatment of all Afghans, especially women and girls.
    12:04 PM · Aug 15, 2021

Yet she's not concerned about the women and girls treatment from the cartels at the southern border. UFB
    Clown show.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by simplesimon View Post
    There aren't rulers like these anymore:

Solomon’s reign was a golden age for the nation of Israel. They were respected by their neighbors, residing in peace for the entirety of Solomon’s kingship. It was also a good time economically, with many nations bringing Solomon tribute and commerce. Solomon married the daughter of the Pharaoh in Egypt to cement his rule. He continued making treaties with all the countries around him, ensuring that his rule would be marked by peace, not war.

Cyrus the Great is regarded as one of the most outstanding figures in history. His success in creating and maintaining the Achaemenid Persian Empire was the result of an intelligent blending of diplomatic and military skills and his rule was tempered with wisdom and tact. He respected the culture, language and religion of subdued nations and did not assimilate nations in similar methods. He considered all nations equal in terms of their rights. Cyrus was relatively liberal and he was the first king who put an end to slavery and dictatorial oppression.

The reign of Augustus initiated an era of relative peace known as the Pax Romana. Beyond the frontiers, Augustus secured the Empire with a buffer region of client states and made peace with the Parthian Empire through diplomacy. He reformed the Roman system of taxation, developed networks of roads with an official courier system, established a standing army, established the Praetorian Guard, official police and fire-fighting services for Rome, and rebuilt much of the city during his reign.
    Cyrus was the one that let the Jews rebuild Jerusalem as well, no?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by CarrollCoRaven View Post
    Mass panic at Kabul airport amid Taliban assault. https://nypost.com/2021/08/15/kabul-...-social-media/

Soon Joe will be welcoming the Taliban through the southern border.
    This is 100% on Biden. Inflation is 100% on Biden. Southern border invasion 100% on Biden. Crime spike is 100% on Biden.

It amazes me that people knowingly vote for this crap and then try to blame someone else when it happens. Orange man bad, so let's just burn it all down.

Seriously, what did people expect was going to happen? Defunding and demoralizing the police would make cities safer? Raising taxes, increasing regulations, and killing the pipeline would help the economy? Electing the same administration that bungled the Iraq withdrawal would have a different ending in Afghanistan? Opening up the borders to 600k immigrants during a pandemic would be a good idea, and keep Americans safe? Unbelievable.

This is mostly what the Democrats campaigned on. Well congratulations, you got what you asked for. Trump is out, and the country is in a tailspin. Our future generations thank you.

Last edited by TIGERBLOOD; 08-15-2021 at 08:09 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    This is 100% on Biden. Inflation is 100% on Biden. Southern border invasion 100% on Biden. Crime spike is 100% on Biden.

It amazes me that people knowingly vote for this crap and then try to blame someone else when it happens. Orange man bad, so let's just burn it all down.

Seriously, what did people expect was going to happen? Defunding and demoralizing the police would make cities safer? Raising taxes, increasing regulations, and killing the pipeline would help the economy? Electing the same administration that bungled the Iraq withdrawal would have a different ending in Afghanistan? Opening up the borders to 600k immigrants during a pandemic would be a good idea, and keep Americans safe? Unbelievable.

This is mostly what the Democrats campaigned on. Well congratulations, you got what you asked for. Trump is out, and the country is in a tailspin. Our future generations thank you.

Not to mention all the drugs and MS13 gang members pouring into this country and the CRT and gender BS being taught in many schools around this country, especially young kids. Amazing only a few parents are complaining. Many are probably just clueless. Borderline child abuse. So sad.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post

A lot of men fought and died over there.

The idea that we "had" the Taliban and could have eliminated them is stupid. It's fucking stupid.

It's nonsense.

We had control of Kabul. There was a state of equilibrium We had an airbase and air support and cooperation of a government that was of course filled with corrupt 2 timing lackeys BUT... the fundamentalist lunatic Taliban were NOT in control...

My best friend in high school was a thoracic surgeon based at Bagram. He made it out and onto his next life in Utah. He texted me about 100 days before he got out and said a mortar hit about 100 yards from his tent. That was like 10 years ago.

Joe Biden is a total fuckwit moron and this catastrophic collapse is ALL ON HIM!!!!

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    It was due to corruption it was due to poor leadership. It upsets me that after all that fighting we did over there(including myself)they just give it up. I feel like they should have stayed over there like Germany and Japan but that would never happen today

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    This is Bush's f*** up too. He needed to sell the idea that we would have to be in for the long haul. It probably would have been accepted if he lessened the military presence in Germany and Japan and into Afghanistan. And Afghanistan would have been an easier sell if he hadn't stupidly gotten us into Iraq.

When people start yapping on about experts in the government I laugh and roll my eyes. The foreign policy experts are idiots. Trump and his ego and coarse talk and bravado might rub people the wrong way but he is the best foreign policy president since Reagan.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    This is Bush's f*** up too. He needed to sell the idea that we would have to be in for the long haul. It probably would have been accepted if he lessened the military presence in Germany and Japan and into Afghanistan. And Afghanistan would have been an easier sell if he hadn't stupidly gotten us into Iraq.

When people start yapping on about experts in the government I laugh and roll my eyes. The foreign policy experts are idiots. Trump and his ego and coarse talk and bravado might rub people the wrong way but he is the best foreign policy president since Reagan.
    I agree bush had a part in this as well we had 2 wars going on the presence in Germany and Japan wasn't the problem the previous countries were actually supplementing us and freeing up the military members stationed there to go down range saving military in mobilizing cost. And it actually kept Russia still at bay in Europe for the most part. As they were want us to make a mistake and mess with them first so they could respond if you follow they would do things like pull right near the border of Poland provoking us if you follow

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    A lot of men fought and died over there.

The idea that we "had" the Taliban and could have eliminated them is stupid. It's fucking stupid.

It's nonsense.

We had control of Kabul. There was a state of equilibrium We had an airbase and air support and cooperation of a government that was of course filled with corrupt 2 timing lackeys BUT... the fundamentalist lunatic Taliban were NOT in control...

My best friend in high school was a thoracic surgeon based at Bagram. He made it out and onto his next life in Utah. He texted me about 100 days before he got out and said a mortar hit about 100 yards from his tent. That was like 10 years ago.

Joe Biden is a total fuckwit moron and this catastrophic collapse is ALL ON HIM!!!!
    There was a point where they were just about done but the leadership pulled back and allowed them to establish themselves mortars were very common even when things were to our advantage

There was a point where they were just about done but the leadership pulled back and allowed them to establish themselves mortars were very common even when things were to our advantage

I will admit 100% I have no idea what the situation on the ground was. I will also admit I have little idea of the geopolitics/religious politics of the Afghanistan. I did lose a family member there. His peers/friends went on to kill Osama Bin Laden and we were always sure he would be one of them. He probably would have been one of them had it not been for that lucky RPG that led to that Mark Walbherg movie. The Taliban are all the rednecks outside of the cities. They never went away. There was never any "killing" them. I think if we could have been there another 100 years, modernity would have overtaken the tribal and religious fundamentalists that were always there. maybe we should let the Chinese deal with is issue. Maybe they won't fool around with it like us. I don't know. I DO know. This flat footed debacle is all on Biden.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I will admit 100% I have no idea what the situation on the ground was. I will also admit I have little idea of the geopolitics/religious politics of the Afghanistan. I did lose a family member there. His peers/friends went on to kill Osama Bin Laden and we were always sure he would be one of them. He probably would have been one of them had it not been for that lucky RPG that led to that Mark Walbherg movie. The Taliban are all the rednecks outside of the cities. They never went away. There was never any "killing" them. I think if we could have been there another 100 years, modernity would have overtaken the tribal and religious fundamentalists that were always there. maybe we should let the Chinese deal with is issue. Maybe they won't fool around with it like us. I don't know. I DO know. This flat footed debacle is all on Biden.
    As I said man I think we should have stayed there just like we did Germany Italy and Japan over time we would have won them over. As there was alot of progress there and alot of happy people that they don't talk about. That's why there were so many people trying to work on the bases to make a better life for themselves but you don't hear much about that on the news

As I said man I think we should have stayed there just like we did Germany Italy and Japan over time we would have won them over. As there was alot of progress there and alot of happy people that they don't talk about. That's why there were so many people trying to work on the bases to make a better life for themselves but you don't hear much about that on the news

You want to think that no matter what party we elect they know what the right thing to do in situations like this is. I just want to know WHO said, okay lets pull out. It's a specific person or persons. There are likely equally persons that said, "if we do this horrific things wil happen".... and I'm guessing it's a lot of them.