Page 1 of 14 123 ... LastLast

History Happens Again

August 15, 2021

It was bound to happen because of corruption.

Re: History Happens Again

Just like 46 years ago.

It was due to corruption it was due to poor leadership. It upsets me that after all that fighting we did over there(including myself)they just give it up. I feel like they should have stayed over there like Germany and Japan but that would never happen today

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by iceman43 View Post
    It was due to corruption it was due to poor leadership. It upsets me that after all that fighting we did over there(including myself)they just give it up. I feel like they should have stayed over there like Germany and Japan but that would never happen today

Exactly! The Afghan government was enriching itself with wealth instead of truly governing. This is why it is so important to treat your citizens right and govern with honesty and integrity.

There aren't rulers like these anymore:

Solomon’s reign was a golden age for the nation of Israel. They were respected by their neighbors, residing in peace for the entirety of Solomon’s kingship. It was also a good time economically, with many nations bringing Solomon tribute and commerce. Solomon married the daughter of the Pharaoh in Egypt to cement his rule. He continued making treaties with all the countries around him, ensuring that his rule would be marked by peace, not war.

Cyrus the Great is regarded as one of the most outstanding figures in history. His success in creating and maintaining the Achaemenid Persian Empire was the result of an intelligent blending of diplomatic and military skills and his rule was tempered with wisdom and tact. He respected the culture, language and religion of subdued nations and did not assimilate nations in similar methods. He considered all nations equal in terms of their rights. Cyrus was relatively liberal and he was the first king who put an end to slavery and dictatorial oppression.

The reign of Augustus initiated an era of relative peace known as the Pax Romana. Beyond the frontiers, Augustus secured the Empire with a buffer region of client states and made peace with the Parthian Empire through diplomacy. He reformed the Roman system of taxation, developed networks of roads with an official courier system, established a standing army, established the Praetorian Guard, official police and fire-fighting services for Rome, and rebuilt much of the city during his reign.
    Last edited by simplesimon; 08-15-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Ice. There is no excuse I can think of that the Biden Admin should have been caught so flat footed on this. What an utter tradgedy. We lost a family member in operation Red Wings in 2005 so the senslessness of the entire mission hits home. Who drove this decision? Why was there no sensible voices involved that could have at least mitigated it?
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 08-15-2021 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    Ice. There is no excuse I can think of that the Biden Admin should have been caught so flat footed on this. What an utter tradgedy. We lost a family member in operation Red Wings in 2005 so the senslessness of the entire mission hits home. Who drove this decision? Why was there no sensible voices involved thay could have at least mitigated it.
    I have no idea but it's the fault of the last 3 administration's that this all went to shit. To me Iraq was on Obama, Afghanistan was on Trump and now Biden

I have no idea but it's the fault of the last 3 administration's that this all went to shit. To me Iraq was on Obama, Afghanistan was on Trump and now Biden

I think we can and should do better than a shotgun of blame here. This happened under the Biden admin because of actions taken by the Biden admin. It was likely based in the counsel of a distinct person or group of people. Back when we used to have a real press and not paid propagandists you'd see people digging into this so WE WOULD ALL UNDERSTAND HOW THIS HAPPENED AND WHO DROVE IT.

Someone gave the counsel to go ahead with the actions that led this and I'm guessing there were MANY who said it was a bad idea.

Biden can't blame the Trump admin here Trump tore up Obama's Iran "deal". Biden could have torn up Trump's Afghanistan deal. Do you agree!?

Lets drill dowm into the incompetence that led to this calamity together and collectively tear it out by its roots.

I think we can and should do better than a shotgun of blame here. This happened under the Biden admin because of actions taken by the Biden admin. It was likely based in the counsel of a distinct person or group of people. Back when we used to have a real press and not paid propagandists you'd see people digging into this so WE WOULD ALL UNDERSTAND HOW THIS HAPPENED AND WHO DROVE IT.

Someone gave the counsel to go ahead with the actions that led this and I'm guessing there were MANY who said it was a bad idea.

Biden can't blame the Trump admin here Trump tore up Obama's Iran "deal". Biden could have torn up Trump's Afghanistan deal. Do you agree!?

Lets drill dowm into the incompetence that led to this calamity together and collectively tear it out by its roots.
    Trump should not have made a deal he should have wiped them out

Trump should not have made a deal he should have wiped them out

Oh jeez. Really?

I know you served and I respect you but I disagree with this take.

Afghanistan was always going to be a deal where we would want to get the most for the least. The most is peace and stability at the expense of US blood and treasure. You are saying this is Trumps fault? Please explain it to me. I'm open to persuasion on this.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 08-15-2021 at 06:52 PM.

Oh jeez. Really?

I know you served and I respect you but I disagree with this take.

Afghanistan was always going to be a deal where we would want to get the most for the least. The most is peace and stability at the expense of US blood and treasure. You are saying this is Trumps fault? Please explain it to me. I'm open to persuasion on this.
    The taliban were almost gone and we pulled back to let them regroup that's facts

Last edited by iceman43; 08-15-2021 at 07:03 PM.

Blog Entries

Mass panic at Kabul airport amid Taliban assault. https://nypost.com/2021/08/15/kabul-...-social-media/

Soon Joe will be welcoming the Taliban through the southern border.