Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cuomo resigns

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Cuomo resigns

I don't want to be a cancel culture douche bag so I am going to say "Eh." Dude apologized and it was 15-16 years ago. I am not a fan of his AT ALL but dragging up this kind of crap from so long ago (unless accompanied by more recent issues that show pattern) is BS, especially when in the very story you dredge it up you note what seems to be a sincere apology.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I don't want to be a cancel culture douche bag so I am going to say "Eh." Dude apologized and it was 15-16 years ago. I am not a fan of his AT ALL but dragging up this kind of crap from so long ago (unless accompanied by more recent issues that show pattern) is BS, especially when in the very story you dredge it up you note what seems to be a sincere apology.
    I am if two minds on this case. I agree generally that his apology years ago should have ended this ordeal (though he never should have documented his actions in email), but I think it was is overly dramatic assurances of how seriously he takes this crap when his older brother Groper was being busted that made for some eye rolls. He's a piece of crap even without this.

Sent from my SM-G998U1 using Tapatalk

Normally I agree, but F this guy. The Karma monster is hungry and must be fed.

Cancel culture ends when more of these liberal commies get taken out by it themselves. Especially in the press.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

When you try to cancel a Supreme court nominee for a beer party grope that no one remembers except the gropee and supposedly happened 40 years ago when both parties ALLEGEDLY involved were 15...

What comes around goes around. They made rules they can't play by themselves. That's one of Alinsky's rules and no thanks to any Republicans they are dying by that rule.

F em.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    When you try to cancel a Supreme court nominee for a beer party grope that no one remembers except the gropee and supposedly happened 40 years ago when both parties ALLEGEDLY involved were 15...

What comes around goes around. They made rules they can't play by themselves. That's one of Alinsky's rules and no thanks to any Republicans they are dying by that rule.

F em.
    Two points:

1. Not my make up. As a Christian I have been extended grace and am called to extend it. Forgive others as you are forgiven.

2. This shit won't ever end until somebody puts their big boy pants on and decides to stop being a giant douche bag.

Two points:

1. Not my make up. As a Christian I have been extended grace and am called to extend it. Forgive others as you are forgiven.

2. This shit won't ever end until somebody puts their big boy pants on and decides to stop being a giant douche bag.
    This is them doing this to themselves and has nothing to do with you or I.

Matthew 26:52 ‘all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword’

This is them doing this to themselves and has nothing to do with you or I.

Matthew 26:52 ‘all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword’
    I don't think you have digested that Scripture completely. Those who live by the sword shall perish by the double edged sword that is the Word.

If you take up a sword to deliver that justice then you are on the wrong end of that Scripture, even if in response.

I don't think you have digested that Scripture completely. Those who live by the sword shall perish by the double edged sword that is the Word.

If you take up a sword to deliver that justice then you are on the wrong end of that Scripture, even if in response.
    I think you need to digest my point. I'm not taking up the sword nor advocating it. They are the ones who have taken up the sword. They are the one's wielding it and they are the one's being cut down by it. By they I mean a high profile Democratic politicians and media figures. It's not for me to show mercy because I'm not the one that is in the position to give it and that's because I'm not the one passing judgement or handing out the sentence.

I do hate the hypocrisy more than the actual offense and therefore my conscience is not bothered one bit in seeing them rolling around in flames.

THAT, is admittedly not very Christian. I never claimed to be a good one of those though.

I think you need to digest my point. I'm not taking up the sword nor advocating it. They are the ones who have taken up the sword. They are the one's wielding it and they are the one's being cut down by it. By they I mean a high profile Democratic politicians and media figures. It's not for me to show mercy because I'm not the one that is in the position to give it and that's because I'm not the one passing judgement or handing out the sentence.

I do hate the hypocrisy more than the actual offense and therefore my conscience is not bothered one bit in seeing them rolling around in flames.

THAT, is admittedly not very Christian. I never claimed to be a good one of those though.
    Do you not think that by advocating them being canceled you are taking up the cancellation sword?

Only who has been good at being a Christian and look what they did to Him.

Do you not think that by advocating them being canceled you are taking up the cancellation sword?

Only who has been good at being a Christian and look what they did to Him.
    Again, not sure where you saw me advocating for people to be cancelled.

I think you are mistaking my glee at seeing hypocrites being hoisted on their own petard for wanting them canceled for whatever it is they did...

Again, not sure where you saw me advocating for people to be cancelled.

I think you are mistaking my glee at seeing hypocrites being hoisted on their own petard for wanting them canceled for whatever it is they did...
    Sorry if I missed something but this all stemmed from me saying "Meh", acknowledging his apology, stating it was a while ago and I didn't think he should be canceled. I assumed that was what you were responding to.