Re: LJ and the vaccine.

They’re coming…

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    They’re coming…
    You called? Lol.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Here’s advice for the board at large based on what the mods have done in the past: if you’re thinking of creating a thread and it’s about COVID, if COVID or vaccine or coronavirus are in the title of the thread, don’t create that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    Here’s advice for the board at large based on what the mods have done in the past: if you’re thinking of creating a thread and it’s about COVID, if COVID or vaccine or coronavirus are in the title of the thread, don’t create that thread.
    Or post it in politics and current events where it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by leachisabeast View Post
    The NFL should learn from history that coercion and authoritarianism always leads to disaster in the end. I've had the vaccine myself and have had covid, but this is a personal choice and it makes me sick how the league have taken the stance they have.
    It's a choice to play football. The nfl is a private company. They can mandate whatever they want. If players don't adhere they are free to find another job.

Many of us are forced to do things we don't agree with 100% to maintain employment, but we realize we are replaceable and not every hill is something to die on

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    It's a choice to play football. The nfl is a private company. They can mandate whatever they want. If players don't adhere they are free to find another job.

Many of us are forced to do things we don't agree with 100% to maintain employment, but we realize we are replaceable and not every hill is something to die on
    That's all well and understood, but people are asking the NFL to do is follow the science. When the science shows that marijuana is substantially better for you than guzzling vicodin, it should behoove the behoove them to allow the players to make choices that are best for them as opposed to holding them to murky standards that don't make much sense

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

It’s not that cut and dry when you have a union with collectively bargained rights.

1,000,000% agree with this. I’m not even going into my thoughts on the vaccine (ok screw it - I happily got vaccinated) but if not having the vaccine is going to cause him to not be around the other teammates who did get vaccinated and potentially forfeit a game or games due to him getting Covid again…well…just get the shot Lamar. Don’t like it, fine - but you better be ready for the blowback your selfishness caused your other teammates who got vaccinated. The vaccine isn’t perfect - it can’t guarantee you won’t get Covid…but it will almost definitely keep you out of the hospital and from dying from it, AND as I said before, it allows you to come back a lot faster if you do get it again (per NFL guidelines) and also will prevent forfeits of games due to you having it down the road. Never in my life would I expect anti-vaxxers to be near 50% of this country. Then again…Nevermind.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    but if not having the vaccine is going to cause him to not be around the other teammates who did get vaccinated and potentially forfeit a game or games due to him getting Covid again…well…just get the shot Lamar....

So you want Lamar to make a personal health decision based on YOU wanting to be entertained on Sundays? That's pretty sick.

Quote Originally Posted by mdduckman View Post
    1,000,000% agree with this. I’m not even going into my thoughts on the vaccine (ok screw it - I happily got vaccinated) but if not having the vaccine is going to cause him to not be around the other teammates who did get vaccinated and potentially forfeit a game or games due to him getting Covid again…well…just get the shot Lamar. Don’t like it, fine - but you better be ready for the blowback your selfishness caused your other teammates who got vaccinated. The vaccine isn’t perfect - it can’t guarantee you won’t get Covid…but it will almost definitely keep you out of the hospital and from dying from it, AND as I said before, it allows you to come back a lot faster if you do get it again (per NFL guidelines) and also will prevent forfeits of games due to you having it down the road. Never in my life would I expect anti-vaxxers to be near 50% of this country. Then again…Nevermind.

Yes, how selfish of Lamar, who has better protection against the virus than those vaccinated, to refuse the shot. Maybe he actually read the studies from Israel and the UK and knows that the shot can only do more harm than good for him at this point. Maybe his doctors have told him this. Maybe he is a hell of a lot more smart than you give him credit for.

The NFL policy is anti-science and they are dead wrong. I commend Lamar for standing up against it. I hope he continues to do so. That's what real leaders do.

Never in my life would I bet that half the country would support marxism and authoritarian rule, yet here we are.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

12. Re: LJ and the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    If he has had Covid-19 twice will a two shot vaccination give him anymore protection? From a medical PR standpoint if he got the two shots and came down with a third case of Covid-19 it would destroy a lot of the value in saying get the shot to protect or mitigate COVID-19. I had Covid and still got the shots but wonder if a high profile case could curtail a lot of interest in marginal people deciding the shots won’t make enough difference to get them. To get the shot or not is the question for many.
    Most have made the decision already.