Page 1 of 66 123 ... LastLast

LJ and the vaccine.

If he has had Covid-19 twice will a two shot vaccination give him anymore protection? From a medical PR standpoint if he got the two shots and came down with a third case of Covid-19 it would destroy a lot of the value in saying get the shot to protect or mitigate COVID-19. I had Covid and still got the shots but wonder if a high profile case could curtail a lot of interest in marginal people deciding the shots won’t make enough difference to get them. To get the shot or not is the question for many.

2. Re: LJ and the vaccine.

There are a handful of incorrect statements in your post. But it's moot since anything COVID-19 related is considered a political topic on this board. I don't expect this thread will have a long shelf life.

Re: LJ and the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfoh View Post
    If he has had Covid-19 twice will a two shot vaccination give him anymore protection? From a medical PR standpoint if he got the two shots and came down with a third case of Covid-19 it would destroy a lot of the value in saying get the shot to protect or mitigate COVID-19. I had Covid and still got the shots but wonder if a high profile case could curtail a lot of interest in marginal people deciding the shots won’t make enough difference to get them. To get the shot or not is the question for many.
    From the data presented by the NIH and CDC, it looks the like the biggest factor in predicting hospitalizations is if the person contracting COVID is overweight or obese which he is not. They've also clarified that getting the vaccine will not prevent the contraction or spreading of the virus, so I doubt getting the vaccine helps him.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Waywatcher View Post
    There are a handful of incorrect statements in your post. But it's moot since anything COVID-19 related is considered a political topic on this board. I don't expect this thread will have a long shelf life.
    If I may ask, what were the incorrect statements?

5. Re: LJ and the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    If I may ask, what were the incorrect statements?

Nah.

But it's moot since anything COVID-19 related is considered a political topic on this board. I don't expect this thread will have a long shelf life.

Either he gets it or he doesn't. I hope he does. I hope the Ravens don't end up forfeiting games. And that's pretty much it at this point.

7. Re: LJ and the vaccine.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Either he gets it or he doesn't. I hope he does. I hope the Ravens don't end up forfeiting games. And that's pretty much it at this point.
    Took the words right out of my, erm, fingers, WNC.

Nah.
    No problem bro.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post

Yup.

Said he would talk to teammates and the team doctor so that’s something

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I feel so bad for Lamar in trying to navigate a failure that the NFL made. The rules the NFL made just don't line up with the what we know about the science behind the vaccine and virus transmission.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    I feel so bad for Lamar in trying to navigate a failure that the NFL made. The rules the NFL made just don't line up with the what we know about the science behind the vaccine and virus transmission.

This

Blog Entries

The NFL should learn from history that coercion and authoritarianism always leads to disaster in the end. I've had the vaccine myself and have had covid, but this is a personal choice and it makes me sick how the league have taken the stance they have.