Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid Thoughts

Re: Covid Thoughts

Congrats on the home BandC, I’m awaiting closing at the end of e month myself, America, what a country of opportunity.

That said, I do not believe public health has been the primary motivating factor for ANY of the public sector reactions to Covid, vaccine included if not especially:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    I have posted it already. A study from UK government from their Govt website.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    and here is my study paper among others: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3861566

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Link to the study that it is less deadly please.
    https://assets.publishing.serv...551...riefing_19.pdf

Page 3. Its actually closer to 10 times less deadly. About 460k cases, almost spilt 50-50 delta vs alpha between Feb and July 2021.

4200 people died that got Alpha. 460 people died that got Delta.

and here is my study paper among others: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers....act_id=3861566
    800 people? That's the study? The UK data is half a million.

https://assets.publishing.serv...551...riefing_19.pdf

Page 3. Its actually closer to 10 times less deadly. About 460k cases, almost spilt 50-50 delta vs alpha between Feb and July 2021.

4200 people died that got Alpha. 460 people died that got Delta.

I cannot reach that link. Are you able to cut and paste or provide another link. I would love to see that it is less deadly.

Actually, they only studied 157 patients that entered the ICU. The Provincetown study was larger and showed the exact opposite.

I cannot reach that link. Are you able to cut and paste or provide another link. I would love to see that it is less deadly.
    The link works. Its a PDF of the study.

165 unvaccinated people of all ages died from Delta variant out of 121,000. I believe that is .001%.

In the Provincetown study 4 people were hospitalized, none died, and 3 of 4 were vaccinated.

You are greatly misrepresenting the data. The Delta is more contagious, not more potent. This happens with almost every virus that has existed. Like all life, it adapts to survive. Once you get Covid of any variant your natural immunity and T cells still help you years down the road.

The data from the UK and Israel clearly show this happening. Nothing close to a 1000x factor on anything. Delta is less deadly to the unvaccinated by a factor of 5 over the original Alpha strain. Stop spreading misinformation.

The 1000 x factor meant 1000x more viral load. Potent means more transmissable - not necessarily more lethal. Although my logic tells me if you have 1000x more viral load your body is going to have a hell of a lot more effort to fight it off - meaning more deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by bandc View Post
    Sorry for the break y'all. Praise God we just closed on a house and it's been crazy for us, but I think the last post I left people were questioning me on CRT so I gotta make a post about the beauty of CRT soon.

But I have to say...I really have a dark suspicion that this push to take the vaccine is another example of manufacturing consent.

The reason I say this is based on one thing. Everything I've read says that the vaccine is great at reducing the effects of the virus. No argument there. I cannot find anything near a difinitive statement saying that the vaccine reduces the spreading of the virus in any meaningful way. If that is the case, then why the push to make this a personal issue? If vaccinated folks are still fully capable of spreading the disease, then what is the reason for mandates of any kind? I'm confused.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Congratulations

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Congrats on the home BandC, I’m awaiting closing at the end of e month myself, America, what a country of opportunity.

That said, I do not believe public health has been the primary motivating factor for ANY of the public sector reactions to Covid, vaccine included if not especially:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Congratulations to you as well!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk