Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Ravens Sign WR, Release Rivers

The Ravens have announced that they've signed WR Michael Dereus from Georgetown. They signed Dereus in April of 2020 as a UDFA but ultimately released him. He looks to be nothing more than a camp body so as not to overwork the healthy receivers in camp.

This is a clear sign that Brown and Boykin will miss extended time during camp.

TWEET
    Follow me on Twitter @RSRLombardi

Blog Entries

Re: Ravens Sign WR, Release Rivers

So what do we expect the outcome to be for Boykin if he misses a lot of time? Going into camp most people generally were saying it was going to be between Boykin and Proche for the last spot if they keep 6, and from all the reports I've read it sounds like Proche is outplaying not just Boykin but pretty much all of the receivers. It seems at the very least Proche has played his way off the bubble for the time being a week in, no? Would they keep 7?
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    So what do we expect the outcome to be for Boykin if he misses a lot of time? Going into camp most people generally were saying it was going to be between Boykin and Proche for the last spot if they keep 6, and from all the reports I've read it sounds like Proche is outplaying not just Boykin but pretty much all of the receivers. It seems at the very least Proche has played his way off the bubble for the time being a week in, no? Would they keep 7?
    I don't see them keeping 7 WR's. Too many other tight positional battles to carry that excess. Maybe they assign Boykin to IR.

Quote Originally Posted by Bhcforlife View Post
    Boykin being out for a good amount of time isn't going to help him keep up with Proche in the WR battle. Because I don't see Proche getting cut with the way he's been performing in camp and I'm not sure if this team is gonna go 7 deep.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Blog Entries

glad they're going easy on them - it's a long season especially with the added game. bring in camp bodies for now...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TL24x7 View Post
    I don't see them keeping 7 WR's. Too many other tight positional battles to carry that excess. Maybe they assign Boykin to IR.
    Tony, I agree. Boykin hasn't been a success story, but I don't see him as an abject failure either.
    While I see him in the lower end of the depth chart, he has caught 32 of 55 passes (58%) for 464 yards (14.5 YPC) and 7 TDs. He's known for his blocking as well. I'm not trying to buoy him up, just don't think he (in his 3rd season as a Raven) should be outright released. Seems, as he is currently injured and has fallen behind Proche, that IR is appropriate... Bc

Chanuncey Rivers is the one released?

Chauncey Rivers is the one being released?

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Chauncey Rivers is the one being released?
    yes

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Boykin being out for a good amount of time isn't going to help him keep up with Proche in the WR battle. Because I don't see Proche getting cut with the way he's been performing in camp and I'm not sure if this team is gonna go 7 deep.
    I agree on the 7 WRs. I didn't think about him going on IR but with the modified rules for IR still going this year and still having him under contract one more season, that would probably make the most sense. Injury is going to happen, probably to Watkins, so that could be a good plan of action.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

yes
    Too bad... I was rooting for him

Blog Entries