Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Who will be the Ravens sack leader in 21?

And how many sacks will they get?

It's really wide open this season - it seems like a lot of players could get a few sacks each but I can't picture any one player being far ahead of the others.

• The Houston signing is great but he's probably going to be a situational pass rusher on limited snaps.
    • Bowser had great pressure per rush productivity last year but has never accumulated many sacks.
    • Oweh could do it if he hits the ground running but he doesn't seem to be quite there yet.
    • The interior rushers like Madubuike and Campbell have a shot
    • as do the primary blitzers like Queen and Clark.

Every year the sack leader ends up being an outside linebacker so Houston or Bowser are probably the safest bets. If either one can get to 7 sacks I'd say it was in the bag but some stupid part of my brain is predicting a 3-way-tie between Houston, Madubiuke and Queen on 6 each.

Re: Who will be the Ravens sack leader in 21?

It's going to be between Oweh, Bowser, and Houston imo. It'll come down to who gets the most pass rushing snaps

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by purple_city39 View Post
    It's going to be between Oweh, Bowser, and Houston imo. It'll come down to who gets the most pass rushing snaps
    I see the exact opposite. It's going to be guy who is fresh and is in situations where he's with other rushers. Those 1st and 2nd pass rushers with limited moves with hopefully get some pressure but I don't expect them getting many sacks. That's why I'm going with Houston who I think can get 10 sacks on the season.

Houston got 8 last year, 11, 9, 9.5 in the past 4 years. With this secondary and the pressure Wink likes to brink 10 over 17 games sounds reasonable.

Blog Entries

Houston.

Bowser is better in coverage, Oweh is still raw, and Ferguson would have to make a BIG leap. Houston's 8 sacks last year would have led the Ravens. He will be used more situationally here, but his run defense is good enough to allow him to get more snaps than say, Ngakoue. I think he'll end up the sack leader, but probably not by a big margin.

Javon Kearse set the rookie sack record with 14.5 in 1999. He’s who Oweh is reminding me of with his freakish athletic ability, and with an extra game that record is set to fall. Bold prediction of Oweh with 15 sacks, and defensive rookie of the year.

Without the purple kool aid it will be Houston with 8 or 9

Blog Entries

QtR, interesting question you've posed. I can't say who, but I think it will be a team effort. I mean that multiple players will get a reasonable amount of sacks, without one stand-out. That would be good since the opposition won't know where the pressure is coming from... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    QtR, interesting question you've posed. I can't say who, but I think it will be a team effort. I mean that multiple players will get a reasonable amount of sacks, without one stand-out. That would be good since the opposition won't know where the pressure is coming from... Bc
    That's how I think it will go too.

If I had to put money on it, Houston would probably be the favorite, but I like the idea of a lot of players chipping in with a few sacks each.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Javon Kearse set the rookie sack record with 14.5 in 1999. He’s who Oweh is reminding me of with his freakish athletic ability, and with an extra game that record is set to fall. Bold prediction of Oweh with 15 sacks, and defensive rookie of the year.
    Right after that leg injury and he no longer had that freakish athletic ability he had no technique or real skill and became utter useless after like 3 years.

Oweh with 11 sacks. Houston will be close behind, on fewer snaps. Bowser will not be pass rushing as much as the Edge. Those are likely the top three OLBs in terms of snaps.

The pass rush will be better, maybe much better, than last year.

Sacks will be well spread out among defenders, the way Wink likes it. The way EDC likes it, too - he can keep a good player on D more easily if the player does not rack up double digit sacks in a contract year.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

11. Re: Who will be the Ravens sack leader in 21?

With how spread out we get about sack distribution on this team, I'm gonna go out on a limb and say Justin Madubuike has a monster year and leads with 8 sacks.

12. Re: Who will be the Ravens sack leader in 21?

Does anyone think Campbell will get the 8 sacks he needs for 100 career total sacks?