Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Cool Re: Justin Houston reached agreement on a one-year deal the Baltimore Ravens

He's happy about it :

https://youtu.be/4Rt1VicF5-0

... Bc

Re: Justin Houston reached agreement on a one-year deal the Baltimore Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Plus signing Vernon could potentially hurt a rival. Could be stashed on PUP for awhile???
    He ruptured his Achilles tendon this past January.
    Almost a third (28%) of the NFL players who sustain that kind of injury never play football again.
    Of those that do, the average time to return to the field is 9 months.
    The surgically-reconstructed ankle will never be as strong or as stable as it was prior to the injury.
    He will be 31 this fall.

I think the Ravens will pass
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Blog Entries

Fantastic signing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Oliver Vernon is still out there.
    He's 31 and tore his Achilles in January - how is he even doing? rehabbing I suppose

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by boller4president View Post
    Vernon would be perfect as a buy low option BECAUSE of his injury (if he wasn't coming off an injury we wouldn't be able to get close to affording him) and while getting Houston helps there is a massive step down right now from last year and last years pass rush wasn't that good to begin with.
    If last year's pass rush wasn't that good, I don't really see how what we currently have is a huge downgrade. Never the less, I don't think that the Ravens need to go out and sign a guy that might not be ready to start the season.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

We definitely needed an upgrade at pass rush. And I personally don't think any one player on our team was a great pass rush threat. I'd he's healthy he's the best option on the team. Good signing. Still think we need 1 more player to create a pass rush that should stop us from needing to blitz every play

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Almost a third (28%) of the NFL players who sustain that kind of injury never play football again.
    The surgically-reconstructed ankle will never be as strong or as stable as it was prior to the injury.
    He will be 31 this fall.

Suggs

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    He will be 31 this fall.

How far back does that go? I think that the outcomes are much better now with improved technique and rehab. Didn't Jimmy Smith also come back from an achilles replacement?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    If last year's pass rush wasn't that good, I don't really see how what we currently have is a huge downgrade. Never the less, I don't think that the Ravens need to go out and sign a guy that might not be ready to start the season.
    They need to do more and it will be hard to make a more high upside move without much cap room.

As far as this year to last year I don't know if you are being serious but of course it can be worse right now our best pass rusher is a guy we just signed for incentive laden 4mill deal and who could be washed.

It makes all the sense in the world to take a chance on Vernon in the hope that he can go and give us another pass rushing option. Anyways we will see but I hope they bring in another pass rusher.

Elite/top end pass rushers typically age very well. Long list of them that produced not only til 35, but beyond in a lot of cases. 19 sacks last 2 seasons. 0 games missed. 4m is highway robbery. What will people cry about now?

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Suggs
    So?
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    How far back does that go? I think that the outcomes are much better now with improved technique and rehab. Didn't Jimmy Smith also come back from an achilles replacement?

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    It was from a 2017 published study analyzing data on 78 NFL players between 2010 and 2015
    https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/pdf...3011417S000314

BTW, there are other papers that paint an even grimmer picture, I actually quoted the most optimistic one.