Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: The Lamar "double standard"

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    I'm not too worried about Lamar's long term health. He's 24 and probably only like 5% body fat. He'll be fine health wise. I'm more appauled and confused that he's willing to go through all these protocols once again that all unvaxxed players are subject to. Yeah, you can still get the virus even if you're vaxxed, no one is denying that, but it makes it less likely that you'll get the virus if exposed to it. What if a new strain pops up and he tests positive again in November? It's more about how his refusal to get vaccinated potentially hurts himself and the team. It just seems selfish and strange to me, especially since at least 90% of the team have done their part and got vaccinated. He's constantly talking about how he wants to bring us a championship, which is awesome. Getting vaccinated is the bare minimum he can do to set us up in the best possible position for that to happen. All those reps he's been putting in with the receivers during the offseason is moot if he gets the virus again and has to miss two crucial games down the stretch, and it costs us the division or a playoff spot. If he gets the virus after being vaccinated, that's just bad luck, can't hold it against him in that case.
    Vaccinated people still get it, you admit to this. Now remember, it went from "if it's Trump's vaccine I'm not taking it" to "take it, it gets rid of covid" now we're at "makes it less likely". Come on, you should know every bit of information out there needs to be taken with a hefty amount of salt.

So the only issue is the protocols and to that I say fight the power Lamar, screw football. There are more important things right now. I'll actually be interested in how the season goes if he sticks to his choice and even more if he were to speak out like some of the Bills.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Did you ask them how full the hospitals were? Lots of disinformation about that as well.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    No. Honestly it could have been 4 patients and 3 were vaccinated. Didn't ask much, just heard that tid bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Drain Bamage View Post
    Vaccinated people still get it, you admit to this. Now remember, it went from "if it's Trump's vaccine I'm not taking it" to "take it, it gets rid of covid" now we're at "makes it less likely". Come on, you should know every bit of information out there needs to be taken with a hefty amount of salt.

So the only issue is the protocols and to that I say fight the power Lamar, screw football. There are more important things right now. I'll actually be interested in how the season goes if he sticks to his choice and even more if he were to speak out like some of the Bills.
    This has nothing to do with Trump, boss. Get out of here with your political BS.

Did Pfizer or Moderna ever claim that their vaccines were 100% effective? Pretty sure they made it clear that it was somewhere in the 94-95% range from the beginning. Meaning that, yes, it is possible to still get the virus if you're vaccinated, though unlikely. I don't know where you got it in your head that it prevents covid completely, or who told you that, but we can still achieve heard immunity though vaccines even if they're not 100% effective. Literally what the polio vaccine did, only problem is half the population vaccinated isn't enough to achieve heard immunity of covid, and now the virus is going to continue to mutate into more transmissible strains until we do achieve heard immunity.

We went from discussing Lamar being held to a different standard than other elite QB's to a six page argument about COVID. The two are not even in the same hemisphere and yet here we are.

Fuck me running, I am so sick of people ruining a nice conversation with political bullshit.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    We went from discussing Lamar being held to a different standard than other elite QB's to a six page argument about COVID. The two are not even in the same hemisphere and yet here we are.

Fuck me running, I am so sick of people ruining a nice conversation with political bullshit.
    Sorry dude. I'll shut up for the sake of everyone's sanity. Just tired of misinformation.

This has nothing to do with Trump, boss. Get out of here with your political BS.

Did Pfizer or Moderna ever claim that their vaccines were 100% effective? Pretty sure they made it clear that it was somewhere in the 94-95% range from the beginning. Meaning that, yes, it is possible to still get the virus if you're vaccinated, though unlikely. I don't know where you got it in your head that it prevents covid completely, or who told you that, but we can still achieve heard immunity though vaccines even if they're not 100% effective. Literally what the polio vaccine did, only problem is half the population vaccinated isn't enough to achieve heard immunity of covid, and now the virus is going to continue to mutate into more transmissible strains until we do achieve heard immunity.
    I was only paraphrasing a quote from Kamala, didn't mean for you to take that and run my point was obviously that our leaders will say anything right now so there's no point putting anyone's opinion up on a pedestal. Do you actually believe those numbers are accurate and 95% of people who got the shot are safe from getting and passing covid?

@darb72 id have to guess it was moved here for that reason soooooooo while it's here

7. Re: The Lamar "double standard"

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post

Well...it did actually make it through 6 comments before Covid was unceremoniously thrust into the chatter. I agree. If only there were an actual Covid thread.....which would, of course, end up here, anyhow. I mean, once the subject is Covid, it's a virtual impossibility that it couldn't be discussed w/out politics being part of the main course. The two are now and will always be inseparable. Too bad, because the original thread and it's subject should actually be back where it was. I wonder if the mods would consider a do over? Prob not.....they know how it would go......
    Last edited by blueridgemtnman; 08-03-2021 at 05:13 PM.

Except its not 95% effective. Look at countries like Israel. Pfizer is not even close to 90%. As more data comes out its looking worse. Look at what happened in Cape Cod. Almost every virus mutates. Once the chinese seeded this around the world that was inevitable. As viruses mutate they get weaker to survive. If everyone did what Sweden did there is a chance we would be through this already. This thing would probably be close to the common cold by now. Despite the fear mongering, most honest reports are that Delta is milder than the original, but more contagious.

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Well...it did actually make it through 6 comments before Covid was unceremoniously thrust into the chatter. I agree. If only there were an actual Covid thread.....
    Its funny but the vaccine skeptics never bring the shit up. We jump in to stop misinformation or to provide another point of view, but then are inevitably blamed for the thread getting moved. Nearly every one starts with people shitting on Lamar for not getting vaccinated and hurting the team. Funny but those same people were saying he was infallible just a week ago and anyone that disagreed was crazy or implied a racist. Now, he's dog shit to some. Pretty sad really.

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Its funny but the vaccine skeptics never bring the shit up. We jump in to stop misinformation or to provide another point of view, but then are inevitably blamed for the thread getting moved. Nearly every one starts with people shitting on Lamar for not getting vaccinated and hurting the team. Funny but those same people were saying he was infallible just a week ago and anyone that disagreed was crazy or implied a racist. Now, he's dog shit to some. Pretty sad really.

I guess it's Lamar's fault for making a post they didn't like lol.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Natural immunity didn't work out too well for Lamar considering he contracted the virus twice just eight months apart
    He got re-exposed, as do people who are vaccinated. The anti-bodies then kick into action and handle it whether you have the anti-bodies from the vaccine or actually having Covid.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Well...it did actually make it through 6 comments before Covid was unceremoniously thrust into the chatter. I agree. If only there were an actual Covid thread.....which would, of course, end up here, anyhow. I mean, once the subject is Covid, it's a virtual impossibility that it couldn't be discussed w/out politics being part of the main course. The two are now and will always be inseparable. Too bad, because the original thread and it's subject should actually be back where it was. I wonder if the mods would consider a do over? Prob not.....they know how it would go......
    I moved it and you can start another. When we get to a thread that is hopelessly off the rails and now NOT about football we have options like deleting the offending posts, closing the thread, moving the thread, etc.

If I come across a few posts I will nuke them, which I did in this thread. Then I come back and there are a crap load. I am not going through and deleting all of those posts. So I just moved it. I hate to close threads. But if it isn't football and is Covid it belongs here and not on the Ravens forum.