Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: The Lamar "double standard"

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    What exactly did he say/retweet? Just curious
    An Anti-vax news article full of misinformation.

Blog Entries

I wanted to stay away from the COVID related discussion altogether BUT.

I am probably close to Lamar's biggest fan on this forum. Heck, the only reason I became a Ravens fan is because of Lamar.
    I was an NFL in general fan living in Baltimore with no particular team.
    My favorite player in college was Lamar Jackson, he's one of most talented players i've ever watched.
    THEN my local area team drafts my favorite player.
    How often does that happen?

I'm the same guy that argued with what seemed like half the board when I first got to this forum saying how good Lamar was and how the most of the draft media narratives weren't true.
    I'm the same guy that said as overall QBs (Mahomes is a better passer but being a QB is more then passing) that Lamar in 2019 was better then Mahomes.
    I'm also the same guy that believes Lamar will win a SB and another MVP soon.

But, i'm also one of the objectively critical posters on Lamar's game.
    I hold unpopular views like:
    o Lamar regressed in terms of rhythm drop back passing fundamentals last year
    o Lamar really hasn't progressed much as passer between when he was at Louisville (but that's not really a knock on him it more just the situation playing in this scheme under Roman)
    o I think Lamar tends towards 'hero' ball at times (but who can blame him when 9/10 he's the best player on the team)
    o I acknowledge that Lamar's accuracy throwing outside the numbers declined last year and that he needs to improve
    o Lamar needs to improve his leadership-specifically when he said to the media that "defenses know our plays" -as leader that's something that you can think but can't say
    o Lamar's tendency to look for Hollywood (his best friend) may hinder the overall execution of the passing game

All that preamble it to say this.

Yes, I give Lamar a pass on his COVID choices IF he's caught up in misinformation/disinformation about it.
    I give him a pass because the way this in real life, the way I approach misinformation/disinformation is: compassion.
    Don't want to delve too far down this road but their is a real war going on that imho doesn't get discussed enough.
    It's a cyberwar. A cyberwar not just of misinformation (being dead ass wrong about something and spreading it) but of disinformation (knowingly spreading information the creator knows to be false and disguising it as genuine). It coming from several different sources...many of them foreign in addition to the domestic sources. It has become a real problem in society.
    For me, people caught up in a disinformation get a pass, and get compassion because they're victims.

Do I wish he was vaccinated? Yes.
    But, at the same time i'm not in agreement with how the NFL/NFLPA structured some of their COVID rules.
    I also realize that not all anti-vax folks are victims, some have good reasons.

I hope he gets vaxxed, but even if he doesn't I hope the current anti-bodies he builds up will last through the season.
    Last edited by edromeo; 08-03-2021 at 07:46 AM.
    "Those corners...and those safeties are going to be one-on-one... and we got to make them pay for it," Harbs

"I think he’d be[Lamar] the greatest player in the history of the game,” Young said

Quote Originally Posted by edromeo View Post
    Don't want to delve too far down this road but their is a real war going on that imho doesn't get discussed enough.
    It's a cyberwar. A cyberwar not just of misinformation (being dead ass wrong about something and spreading it) but of disinformation (knowingly spreading information the creator knows to be false and disguising it as genuine). It coming from several different sources...many of them foreign in addition to the domestic sources. It has become a real problem in society.
    For me, people caught up in a disinformation get a pass, and get compassion because they're victims..
    Agree with this. The Russian backed disinformation I get. Trying to undermine westerns countries has been their MO ever since an ex-KGB man became their president. What's harder to understand are the political and media figures (often fully vaxxed themselves) who are spreading nonsense for money, clicks or popularity.

However I have a bit less sympathy for someone like Lamar who's presumably had coaches, team medical staff and team mates taking the time to give him real information, yet he's still choosing to believe the videos and memes instead.

I hope he gets vaxxed, but even if he doesn't I hope the current anti-bodies he builds up will last through the season.
    I hope so too but there will be other variants. As long as a he remains unvaccinated he's going to keep getting covid.

Blog Entries

Im not sure why they said he shouldnt work on other aspects of his game until the wheels fall off. "vince carter didnt work on his midgame until he couldnt dunk anymore." Wouldnt that have helped him a ton to work on that when he was still athletic (which btw I think he was working on it) and then only have it to still fall back on when he wasnt? Really bad take, imo. Sometimes these shows say some of the stupidest stuff, and frankly theyre just filling air, they have to. This hot take got you all talking, me too i guess, so it worked.

If the standard is you have to do what youve already done or you dont meet expectations, then there arent too many players that live up to their own previous success.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    An Anti-vax news article full of misinformation.
    Well, that's disappointing. Still love Lamar but his position on the vaccine and his refusal to get vaccinated ain't it.
    90% of the game is half mental

Blog Entries

I wanted to stay away from the COVID related discussion altogether BUT.

I am probably close to Lamar's biggest fan on this forum. Heck, the only reason I became a Ravens fan is because of Lamar.
    I was an NFL in general fan living in Baltimore with no particular team.
    My favorite player in college was Lamar Jackson, he's one of most talented players i've ever watched.
    THEN my local area team drafts my favorite player.
    How often does that happen?

I'm the same guy that argued with what seemed like half the board when I first got to this forum saying how good Lamar was and how the most of the draft media narratives weren't true.
    I'm the same guy that said as overall QBs (Mahomes is a better passer but being a QB is more then passing) that Lamar in 2019 was better then Mahomes.
    I'm also the same guy that believes Lamar will win a SB and another MVP soon.

But, i'm also one of the objectively critical posters on Lamar's game.
    I hold unpopular views like:
    o Lamar regressed in terms of rhythm drop back passing fundamentals last year
    o Lamar really hasn't progressed much as passer between when he was at Louisville (but that's not really a knock on him it more just the situation playing in this scheme under Roman)
    o I think Lamar tends towards 'hero' ball at times (but who can blame him when 9/10 he's the best player on the team)
    o I acknowledge that Lamar's accuracy throwing outside the numbers declined last year and that he needs to improve
    o Lamar needs to improve his leadership-specifically when he said to the media that "defenses know our plays" -as leader that's something that you can think but can't say
    o Lamar's tendency to look for Hollywood (his best friend) may hinder the overall execution of the passing game

All that preamble it to say this.

Yes, I give Lamar a pass on his COVID choices IF he's caught up in misinformation/disinformation about it.
    I give him a pass because the way this in real life, the way I approach misinformation/disinformation is: compassion.
    For me, people caught up in a disinformation get a pass, and get compassion because they're victims.

Do I wish he was vaccinated? Yes.
    But, at the same time i'm not in agreement with how the NFL/NFLPA structured some of their COVID rules.
    I also realize that not all anti-vax folks are victims, some have good reasons.

Great post.
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Well, that's disappointing. Still love Lamar but his position on the vaccine and his refusal to get vaccinated ain't it.
    What's worse is that he's now one of the people spreading the falsehoods - the people who are trying make sure this pandemic lasts longer - because they want to feel smarter than the entire scientific/medical community.

Maybe I'm going a bit far but this has gone beyond disappointment with Lamar for me. He's no longer my favorite Raven. He's no longer even in my top 50 of current players.

I guess I won't be wearing my Lamar jersey any time soon. sigh

Blog Entries

What size do you wear?

J/k

I get where you’re coming from too

What size do you wear?

J/k

I get where you’re coming from too
    Is wearing a Lamar jersey a political statement now, the way a Cole Beasley jersey would be? Does a Jackson 8 jersey say that you're anti-vax, anti-science etc?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    Is wearing a Lamar jersey a political statement now, the way a Cole Beasley jersey would be? Does a Jackson 8 jersey say that you're anti-vax, anti-science etc?
    No clue.

But if you’re giving away a Lamar jersey I’ll take it.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Lamar has had Covid. He has the anti-bodies. I can see where he might not want to get vaccinated given it may not do anything for him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Lamar has had Covid. He has the anti-bodies. I can see where he might not want to get vaccinated given it may not do anything for him.
    Lamar has antibodies against the strain of COVID that he had. There are at least 4 strains of COVID that are circulating in the US today. Lamar could still contract COVID again from a strain that he hasn’t had yet. He should get vaccinated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    “When the sea was calm, all ships alike showed mastership in floating.”- William Shakespeare