Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Crabs and the Ravens

Quote Originally Posted by KbubbaK View Post
    oof 10$ a crab. I have bought from Jimmys before when they were doing a buy 1 get 1, even though they messed my order up it was fantastic. Im trying to get my buddy who buys them frequently to just ship some next time he buys it. not that hard so we will see
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Just had my brother-in-law in town. Originally from the area, now in Portland. We picked up a bushel of smalls for $180. About $2 a crab (i always go with smalls over mediums bc usually heavier, just more work)

I actually developed a deadly allergy about five years ago and can't join. But I still like to pick the leftovers for crab balls and soup.
    "That's what."
    — She

Little early for the really big ones, late August, September and Oct. is when you get the best big crabs

Since we retired, we moved to central Florida to big retirement community. We've been getting our crab fix with crab cakes. Sam's Club is the only place around here that has one pound lump crab meat. It's usually $19.99 to $23.99. A pound and using the Old Bay recipe and she can make about six. My wife grew up in Parkville and has been making them her whole life.

This is what we ate on playoff Sunday when we beat the Titans. I had a crab cake at Sloppy Joe's in Key West a couple of year's ago and they had it on a hamburger bun with lettuce & tomato, and it was great. I've been making it that way ever since. Add Campbell's baked beans, Winn Dixie cole slaw, green onions and crackers, can't be beat!

DSC01094.jpg
    Last edited by DeepPurple52; 08-30-2021 at 10:36 PM.