Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Lamar

Re: Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It was a question I know the answer to. I was asking you as a logical question.

Fauci said it is because the level of the virus found in testing vaccinated and unvaccinated is the same. So they're having vaccinated wear mask to slow the spread.

We should all listen to Faucci - he's the guy who started all of this with his Chinese buddies.

Quote Originally Posted by Cleo&Dilly View Post
    We should all listen to Faucci - he's the guy who started all of this with his Chinese buddies.
    What does this insane conspiracy nonsense have to do with the Ravens?

Question: How is Lamar feeling? My understanding is that the vaccine does not necessarily prevent you from getting the virus but it makes it a lot less severe (in most cases)

I am just hoping the young man is well.

You forgot to address the part that goes against what you think.

"Fauci just said the levels of the virus is the same in vaccinated and unvaccinated."
    "New unpublished data showing that vaccinated people infected with the Delta coronavirus variant can have as much virus as those who are unvaccinated is the primary driver for the CDC's latest mask guidance change, a source involved with the decision process told CNN. Overall, vaccinated people still play a small role in transmission and breakthrough infections are rare."

You left out the part where they say breakthrough infections are rare. You know if you are vaccinate you are far less likely to get Covid.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fadetoj View Post
    It appears as though he is vaccinated as he has been following the vaccinated protocols in practice. So if that's true then jokes on you guys for jumping to conclusions. Says a lot more about y'all.
    Read much? This y'all, never accused Lamar of NOT being vaccinated. If you practiced better reading comprehension I said if players choose not to. I don't know if Lamar has the vaccine or not, if he willingly chose not to get it, then yes he puts his team at a competitive disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by 757RavensFan View Post
    Considering Lamar is questioning this himself, Im guessing he is vaccinated. He posted this 2 hrs ago.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
    It's just as likely this is a reference to the misguided belief some people have that you are fully immunized against Covid if you've had a previous infection.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Quote Originally Posted by TDLand View Post
    I don't know about that. I know people who feel that since they have had Covid then they are immune from getting it again (obviously not true, especially with the new strains floating about).
    Researchers from Washington University in St. Louis reported last month that 11 months after a mild infection immune cells were still capable of producing protective antibodies. The authors concluded that prior Covid infection induces a “robust” and “long-lived humoral immune response,” leading some scientists to suggest that natural immunity is probably lifelong.

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Question: How is Lamar feeling? My understanding is that the vaccine does not necessarily prevent you from getting the virus but it makes it a lot less severe (in most cases)

I am just hoping the young man is well.
    I hope he's okay, too.

FYI, the vaccine does make infections much less severe. It also makes it much less likely that anyone vaccinated will get the virus.

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    What does this insane conspiracy nonsense have to do with the Ravens?
    Has to be sarcasm, no one is that stupid.

ETA: Sadly, I stand corrected.
    Last edited by MarkS; 07-28-2021 at 12:19 PM.
    "Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but NOT to their own facts" - Daniel P. Moynihan

Blog Entries

Obviously hope he is okay above all, that's the most important thing...but really puts the team at a disadvantage here. If he's out 10 days that's a lot of missed time that could have been spent working on under center stuff, implementing other new things, building rapport with the receivers, etc. Not to mention the rest of the offense and defense having to work with/against QBs who are fringe NFL level guys.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Why would he? Fauci just said the virus is basically mutating to avoid the vaccines.
    I'm no expert on this, but here's how I see it.

Lamar would benefit from the vaccine, because the vaccines still offer significant protection against mutated strains, at least strains that have been studied so far like the delta variant. And delta seems to be what's spreading around the most at this point.

The vaccines aren't as effective against delta as they are against the original popular strains, but that's just a difference of degrees. They still make a big difference.

The virus has killed over 600k people in the U.S. It can effect the cardiovascular health (among other things) of some of the survivors. If the vaccines reduce your chances of getting the virus and further reduce your chances of a severe case if you do get the virus, then it is obviously safer to get the vaccine.

I understand some level of reservation over the vaccine. But unless you think the vaccine is going to kill hundreds of thousands of people I don't understand the logic for not wanting to get it. It's everyone's choice to make for themselves. I just don't get the level of skepticism that still exists.

In Lamar's case, IF he isn't vaccinated (I don't know that he isn't) and if he gets a bad case that wipes out his lungs (admittedly unlikely at his age) he will have to live with the fact that catching COVID may significantly reduce his career earnings when a vaccine probably would have protected him from that outcome. If it kills him (also unlikely) he will lose the opportunity to use those earning to help his family. Again, a vaccine reduces the chances of that outcome significantly.