Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Gus Edwards tests positive for covid

In Louisiana I have to pleasure of knowing more than a few anti-vaxxers One thing in common ---they're all self-entitled, and have trust issues. Quite a few or straight up assholes assholes....

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by TIGERBLOOD View Post
    Actually, many NFL lineman are considered obese by medical standards.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
    Read my previous post about anti+vaxers.

Way Down South in New Orleans

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    In Louisiana I have to pleasure of knowing more than a few anti-vaxxers One thing in common ---they're all self-entitled, and have trust issues. Quite a few or straight up assholes assholes....

Bingo. That's the root cause. For a number of our current societal issues.

It becomes enabled by the confirmation bias that is internet searching.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    90% vaccinated... 90 players in camp... 9 people unvaccinated.
    So as best we can tell, there are ~9 unvaccinated players and ~81 vaccinated players. 2 of the 9 (Gus and Lamar) got positive COVID tests and none of the 81 have. Is there anyone else who's gotten it?

I know there are other confounding factors here, like different people coming from different parts of the country, but still .... get the stinking vaccine!

I like Lamar and Gus, but this was probably preventable. Hopefully neither of them gets a bad case.
    Last edited by Kyle Cactus; 07-28-2021 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post

That's funny, because all the so called anti-vaxxers haven't been calling the vaccinated idiots and worse for taking a unapproved vaccine. They haven't been wishing for you to develop side effects and die, like people have been doing to them. They just want to make an individual choice with their health. Seems like they aren't the entitled assholes here You guys sit here and pat each other on the back talking about how stupid they are, when you have no idea if the vaccines are really safe long term. The cult like obsession with it is disturbing. Collectivism is a slippery slope. Its also quite racially insensitive or worse to ignore some of the reality as to why people dont trust the vaccines.

That's funny, because all the so called anti-vaxxers haven't been calling the vaccinated idiots and worse for taking an unapproved vaccine. They haven't been wishing for you to develop side effects and die, like people have been doing to them. They just want to make an individual choice with their health. Seems like they aren't the entitled assholes here . You guys sit here and pat each other on the back in a giant circle jerk talking about how stupid they are, when you have no idea if the vaccines are really safe long term. The cult like obsession with it is disturbing. Collectivism is a slippery slope. Its also quite racially insensitive or worse to ignore some of the reality as to why people dont trust the vaccines.

Quote Originally Posted by WNCRavensFan View Post
    Bingo. That's the root cause. For a number of our current societal issues.

It becomes enabled by the confirmation bias that is internet searching.
    Self entitled for not wanting to take an unapproved vaccine after reviewing their personal and family situations? Is it self entitled for mostly white men on this board to insult and question black athletes for not getting the vaccine when perhaps they have reason to not trust the government when it comes to experimental medicine?

Blog Entries

Self entitled for not wanting to take an unapproved vaccine after reviewing their personal and family situations? Is it self entitled for mostly white men on this board to insult and question black athletes for not getting the vaccine when perhaps they have reason to not trust the government when it comes to experimental medicine?

So if 90% of the Ravens are vaccinated, and the vast majority of the team are black, then your argument is invalid. In all likelihood, they are ill informed or simply do not care, perhaps 1 has a legit medical reason? I wonder how all the state workers, medical workers, or federal workers required to get the shot are doing so because a bunch of white guys on this board think they should?

That's funny, because all the so called anti-vaxxers haven't been calling the vaccinated idiots and worse for taking a unapproved vaccine.
    Wrong. I've been called a "sheep" and a "lab rat" by anti vaxxers multiple times. Both sides can be pretty condescending about it.

I do wonder what their reasoning for not wanting the vaccine will be once it does get FDA approval, because it's only a matter of when, not if.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post
    Wrong. I've been called a "sheep" and a "lab rat" by anti vaxxers multiple times. Both sides can be pretty condescending about it.

I do wonder what their reasoning for not wanting the vaccine will be once it does get FDA approval, because it's only a matter of when, not if.
    Probably the same as they are now...?
    "I support anyone's right to be who they want to be. My question is: to what extent do I have to participate in your self-image?" óDave Chappelle

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    So if 90% of the Ravens are vaccinated, and the vast majority of the team are black, then your argument is invalid. In all likelihood, they are ill informed or simply do not care, perhaps 1 has a legit medical reason? I wonder how all the state workers, medical workers, or federal workers required to get the shot are doing so because a bunch of white guys on this board think they should?
    You don't know what you're talking about. Anyone in the biotech industry knows that blacks are historically among the least likely to volunteer for trials because of this distrust. Most of the people I work with who are unvaccinated are black. Those are facts. Just because 90% of the Ravens are vaccinated doesnt mean the ones that did it weren't basically forced into it by the enormous pressure put on them. But this doesnt fit your narrative, so feel free to make something up to ease your conscience.

Quote Originally Posted by EdReed4HOF View Post

Who knows. I got the shot, I just refuse to hate or judge those that make a personal health decision and do not. People on here have openly wished for other posters to die, and then try to take the moral high ground.

I hope the pro vaxx crowd is right and its safe. Im also not arrogant enough to think I know for sure that it is and there are plenty of reasons to distrust those pushing it and many inconsistencies.

Last edited by TIGERBLOOD; 07-28-2021 at 04:12 PM.