Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chandler Jones

Blog Entries

Chandler Jones

Marlon Humphrey Tweeted " Chandler Jones to the Ravens???"

https://twitter.com/marlon_humphrey/...26153530527744

Anyone think there is a chance this could happen? He is in the last year of his contract and we would be on the hook for $15.5M. There is no way this could happen without an extension.

He only played 5 games last season and had 1 sack, did his production just fall off a cliff, or was he playing through injuries and thats why his production was down?

Re: Chandler Jones

Probably injuries. But given that he wants out of Arizona because he wants more money, it's unlikely that the Ravens would trade for him, since they've already gotta pay Lamar and Andrews.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post

Anyone think there is a chance this could happen? He is in the last year of his contract and we would be on the hook for $15.5M. There is no way this could happen without an extension.

He only played 5 games last season and had 1 sack, did his production just fall off a cliff, or was he playing through injuries and thats why his production was down?
    Hey, whether or not you are right, thanks for the post. We need some news even if it turns out to be only speculation.

Blog Entries

Prior to his injury Chandler Jones was a stud.

31, coming off injury, is unhappy with 15.5 million. Pass

I dont think he's unhappy with 15.5. I think he's unhappy with not getting a contract extnesion.

Would suspect he wants to lock up his last contract prior to this season in case his injury cant return him to form. He's trying to cash in on his reputation as a stud edge rusher. Can't say I blame him.
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

He needs to realize no one is giving him an extension (that includes the numbers he wants) coming off last season. Including the Ravens.

We need pass rush more than anything. I know ppl want 5 all pro offensive lineman and 3 HOF tight ends... but our biggest weakness is pass rush. It affects everything we do on defense

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Probably injuries. But given that he wants out of Arizona because he wants more money, it's unlikely that the Ravens would trade for him, since they've already gotta pay Lamar and Andrews.
    You nailed it. The Ravens didn't want to pay the cost for younger and healthier pass rushers. Now they're going to pay top dollar for a 31 years old coming off a bad injury? No way. This is why they tried to address this need in the draft.

I also can't see the Cardinals trading Jones. Watt was brought in as an addition, not a replacement. They need both of those guys on the field at the same time for their plan to work.

Blog Entries

I don't see it either but some team may roll the dice. doubt it's Baltimore

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HbgPARavenfan View Post
    We need pass rush more than anything. I know ppl want 5 all pro offensive lineman and 3 HOF tight ends... but our biggest weakness is pass rush. It affects everything we do on defense
    Yes, so my answer to Chandler Jones is : Justin Houston. That is if he and EDC can come to a $ agreement... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Brtnder81 View Post