Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: A good question to tide us over - Generating Sacks???

Sacks aren’t unimportant.
    However, pressures correlate better and predict future results better than sacks.

Someone that gets 10 sacks only had to beat the guy across from them 10 times in a whole season.

Someone with 55 pressures had to best their guy 3-4 time a shame every single game. Getting home from there can be a mixed bag of luck snd skill. Getting into the position to finish that many times can’t be lucky.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RevBarnes View Post
    Good stuff, of course it was written B.M. (Before Mahomes)
    I think that would be a tough sell for Mahomes after the SB. Mahomes was pressured an NFL record amount.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Sacks aren’t unimportant.
    However, pressures correlate better and predict future results better than sacks.

Someone that gets 10 sacks only had to beat the guy across from them 10 times in a whole season.

Someone with 55 pressures had to best their guy 3-4 time a shame every single game. Getting home from there can be a mixed bag of luck snd skill. Getting into the position to finish that many times can’t be lucky.

I would love to see some data on this ie pressures to sacks, pressures that forced an incompletion, pressures that forced turnovers.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J727AZ using Tapatalk
    “I'm the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.” - Bret Hart

Let me ask this: what is the average ratio of sacks per pressures, ie how many pressures on average does it take to register one sack? That might be an impossible stat to find.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post
    I would love to see some data on this ie pressures to sacks, pressures that forced an incompletion, pressures that forced turnovers.

ed posted a couple of links above

https://www.pff.com/news/pro-the-importance-of-pressure-its-not-all-about-sacks

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    And hey wouldn't you know; Vic Beasley and Markus Golden have fallen off while Brandon Graham and Chris Jones are still rocking.

7. Re: A good question to tide us over - Generating Sacks???

I'm in agreement with coverage being more important. Look at 2014 with Suggs and Doom screaming off the edges. Didn't matter when we had nobody who could cover.

Sacks are obviously nicer than pressure, and I'd be very happy with a Houston signing. That being said, I agree with Tony that we'll be able to get pressure this year, and our back end is just so damn good sacks might not matter as much.

Quote Originally Posted by usmccharles View Post

My explanation is paraphrasing MANY PFF YouTube videos, particularly when discussing Vic Beasley.