Olympic Opening Ceremonies

Suck.

It's like every country in the worlds version of a Super Bowl halftime show.

Weird, often incomprehensibly so, artsy-fartsy spectacles.

It's like a natural law that they will suck.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Olympic Opening Ceremonies

And yet you are watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    And yet you are watching it.
    I'm not.

I caught about 15 seconds of writhing people in masks wrapped in red elastic bands and left the room.

I walked back down 15 minutes later after packing for a family reunion and it had proceeded to what looked like a Jr High talent show being performed by 40 yr olds.

My wife, her friend, my teenage daughter and her 2 girlfriends were watching it. And u apparently. I'm up in our bedroom writing end of year SQL analytics reports for our summer swim team listening to a pod cast.

I can't watch that garbage.
    Last edited by BustOfPallas; 07-23-2021 at 09:33 PM.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm not.

I caught about 15 seconds of writhing people in masks wrapped in red elastic bands and left the room.

I walked back down 15 minutes later after packing for a family reunion and it had proceeded to what looked like a Jr High talent show being performed by 40 yr olds.

My wife, her friend, my teenage daughter and her 2 girlfriends were watching it. And u apparently. I'm up in our bedroom writing end of year SQL analytics reports for our summer swim team listening to a pod cast.

Nope, I am binging Jeopardy at the moment.

I'll watch some of the stuff and my wife will definitely watch gymnastics. But opening and closing ceremonies? Pfft. I wish all people would stop watching that so we can watch more of the actual games.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Nope, I am binging Jeopardy at the moment.

I'll watch some of the stuff and my wife will definitely watch gymnastics. But opening and closing ceremonies? Pfft. I wish all people would stop watching that so we can watch more of the actual games.

We're looking forward to watching swimming. My kids swam with/against Phoebe Bacon and we've seen her swim in the MCSL and DC area Metros. It's cool seeing a local kid in the Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    I'm not.

Don't bury the lead. Literally writing sql, or using a bi tool?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ortizer View Post
    Don't bury the lead. Literally writing sql, or using a bi tool?

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    SQL

I use SSRS and Visual Studio to render formatted reports I can export to excel and give to the team.

All the heavy lifting is done in SQL.

I get an ms access export from the automation laptop and use a little SSIS package to import it to a MS SQL database and run against that.

Its fun data to play with. I didnt have any data dictionary or anything and just hacked it. It is very intuitive data though. Five or six tables.

I create a trophy report for all the swimmers based on time standards that is used for ordering hardware for the end of year banquet. I also calculate the total number of best times for each kid and thats used to help figure most improved swimmer.

I took over 12 years ago when the msaccess program some other dude created to do this got destroyed/lost on a dead laptop.

I enjoy playing with the data so it worked out well.