Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Cleveland Indians change name to guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    It's not so much that they changed, it's what they changed it to. Guardians? Is their mascot going to be Curtis Sliwa?
    Make the mascot Spacelord

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Not much chance of that happening. I'd be waking up thinking like The Talking Heads ("Once In a Lifetime", "how did I get here?") Or maybe Peter Frampton (Do You Feel Like We Do?, "must have been a dream, I don't know where I've been") But, I totally agree.
    How is Frampton not in and numerous non-rock acts are in?

I am a Jimmy Buffett fan and I wouldn't put him into the R&R HOF because he isn't rock, but he has a following, has sold tons more albums, is one of top concert draws every year, and is more R&R than a crap load of crap in. Based on the criteria used thus far he should be easily in.

But Frampton?

3. Re: Cleveland Indians change name to guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

I am a Jimmy Buffett fan and I wouldn't put him into the R&R HOF because he isn't rock, but he has a following, has sold tons more albums, is one of top concert draws every year, and is more R&R than a crap load of crap in. Based on the criteria used thus far he should be easily in.

But Frampton?
    Like OrioleWay alluded to earlier, it's been a shitshow for years. There's a better chance of Nancy Pelosi winning the Miss America swimsuit competition than me ever stepping foot in the place, much less Cleveland.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post

But Frampton?
    Buffett started as country. He still has a lot of country in his songs.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad the lad View Post
    Buffett started as country. He still has a lot of country in his songs.
    He started as a mixture of Country Western with a hint of folk and rock. He then added a tropical sound and has a unique genre nobody else really fits. A number of country singers have added a Buffett-esque quality to their music. That said, he has some music that could easily be classified as rock and roll to a much bigger degree than a whole swath of acts in the HOF.

I’m literally in tears and shaking because I’m so happy that racism has ended. I assume we will no longer have things to just identify a color like BET or black Ms America or black history month?
    I cant control my happiness to never hear the saying black owned and Black Lives Matter and we all matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Surrounded by Cousin Eddies in Cincitucky (get me out of this HELLHOLE!)

Quote Originally Posted by blueridgemtnman View Post
    Like OrioleWay alluded to earlier, it's been a shitshow for years. There's a better chance of Nancy Pelosi winning the Miss America swimsuit competition than me ever stepping foot in the place, much less Cleveland.
    You were saying about Pelosi????..................https://www.mgexp.com/phile/90/55279..._Rack_1959.jpg

8. Re: Cleveland Indians change name to guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOrioleWay View Post
    You were saying about Pelosi????..................https://www.mgexp.com/phile/90/55279..._Rack_1959.jpg
    Wow. Miss Lube Rack. I know there's a joke in there somewhere....but......I ain't goin' there. Just like I ain't goin' to Cleveland.

9. Re: Cleveland Indians change name to guardians.

Quote Originally Posted by bmorebirds_24 View Post
    I’m literally in tears and shaking because I’m so happy that racism has ended. I assume we will no longer have things to just identify a color like BET or black Ms America or black history month?
    I cant control my happiness to never hear the saying black owned and Black Lives Matter and we all matter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If only. What do you they'll come up w/next to keep us all divided? You know, so we don't pay attention to what's really going on?

They couldn't come up with a better name. Cleveland Guardian's of the Galaxy. Believeland or mistake by the lake could have worked somehow.