Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries

Re: Free talk Friday - 07.23.21

can I take a minute to complain about olympic coverage on NBC? Primetime gymnastics and it's all 'lets talk about Simone'. Where are the athletes from other countries, why can't you show them?

pathetic talk talk talk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    can I take a minute to complain about olympic coverage on NBC? Primetime gymnastics and it's all 'lets talk about Simone'. Where are the athletes from other countries, why can't you show them?

pathetic talk talk talk
    It's the same in Britain. The BBC is showing all these terrible sports like rowing and equestrian just because Britain has a chance of a medal. I don't care if Turkmenistan is going to win, I just want to see a watchable sport.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by QtR Nevermore View Post
    It's the same in Britain. The BBC is showing all these terrible sports like rowing and equestrian just because Britain has a chance of a medal. I don't care if Turkmenistan is going to win, I just want to see a watchable sport.
    Do you also get an insane amount of commercials? Like right in the middle of an event? They need to let YouTube or Amazon stream it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Do you also get an insane amount of commercials? Like right in the middle of an event? They need to let YouTube or Amazon stream it
    No ads on the BBC but when they're showing you a horse mincing across some sand, ads would be a relief.

With how offended everyone I know is re Biles I can tell these people don’t watch sports often. They’re so dismissive and diminutive about a take that says Biles wasn’t 100% in the right. These dudes should walk into this forum once in a while, or be in any community of hardcore sports fans. All we do is give our takes, it’s fun. Just sucks that now even talking sports incurs wrath like that. We talk about the actions of Brady, Lebron, Rodgers, Watson, Harden etc all day long, damn right we have opinions on Simone Biles lol. It’s sports.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    With how offended everyone I know is re Biles I can tell these people don’t watch sports often. They’re so dismissive and diminutive about a take that says Biles wasn’t 100% in the right. These dudes should walk into this forum once in a while, or be in any community of hardcore sports fans. All we do is give our takes, it’s fun. Just sucks that now even talking sports incurs wrath like that. We talk about the actions of Brady, Lebron, Rodgers, Watson, Harden etc all day long, damn right we have opinions on Simone Biles lol. It’s sports.
    Piers Morgan Goes After Simone Biles: ‘What Exactly Is So Courageous, Heroic Or Inspiring About Quitting On Your Team And Country In An Olympics?’

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/pier...ycsrp_catchall

" Published on July 28, Morgan penned a piece on the Olympian’s choice: “Sorry Simone Biles but there’s nothing heroic or brave about quitting because you’re not having ‘fun’ – you let down your team-mates, your fans and your country.”

The former host went onto describe Biles’s decision to withdraw from this year’s Olympics as “selfish” — and it implied the reason the USA’s women’s gymnastics team came in second place to the Russians is that Simone, 24, didn’t have the guts to stay in the competition after her minor slip up on the vault early yesterday morning. "

... Bc

7. Re: Free talk Friday - 07.23.21

I just wish everyone was as concerned about the mental health of police officers who routinely go through a door not knowing whether someone on the other side has a gun, or a firefighters who go into a burning building not knowing whether floor below them will collapse or the roof above them come crashing down on their heads. And then there's the military.