Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 85 to 96 of 240
  1. #85

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by MidtownP View Post
    Excellent post. The idea that a (young, healthy) NFL player needs some experimental vaccine injected into their body is patently absurd. Do we have any 70 year olds playing (that is the average age of death BTW)?? A 6’2 210 5% body fat 27 yr old WR has every right to be furious with this “or else” vaccination “recommendation”. There isn’t an (honest) doctor in the world who would tell that person they needed it, or their life depended on it. I have been a die hard NFL fan for 35 years, but I honestly don’t know if I will be from this point forward. This is ridiculous.
    The NFL is probably bucking to political pressure, but well said I totally agree.





  2. #86

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    We have confirmation that Lamar got his vaccine yet? I assume the reporters should be able to tell from training camp?





  3. #87

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by I Touchdown There View Post
    While I hope for no deaths, hospitalizations and deaths are lagging indicators. Let's hope things don't look too bad in a week or 2 since cases started going up. If hospitalizations and deaths remain low, that means the vaccine is doing its job.

    Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    You want to go back 60 days? Hell of a “lag” there. You know why no one is dying anymore? Because the people who NEED the vaccine got it. The people that don’t need it, and we’re never in danger in the first place (or have had covid) , won’t ever get it. Rightfully so. Well unless they are employed by dictators.





  4. #88

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_21 View Post
    We have confirmation that Lamar got his vaccine yet? I assume the reporters should be able to tell from training camp?
    Lamar had covid, so he is exempt from the mob rules. Bet that still isn’t good enough for the crazies.





  5. #89

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens_21 View Post
    We have confirmation that Lamar got his vaccine yet? I assume the reporters should be able to tell from training camp?
    He's opted to keep that information to himself.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco





  6. #90
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    15,592

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Caps&Ravens View Post
    Ok I’m very glad to see this! I’m not sure why our “science” world seems to deny natural immunity.
    I don't think the science world is denying natural immunity. However, there are indications that natural immunity lasts only about six months.

    Also, while I'm on the subject, the 20-49 age group is currently the largest spreader of covid. While they might not die from it, they are the spreaders, and almost all hospitalizations and deaths across any age group are among the unvaccinated. The chances of dying from a vaccination shot is hundreds of times less likely than dying from covid, so I fail to understand the "I'm not taking it becasue it might be dangerous" crowd. It's hundreds of times less dangerous than the disease.





  7. #91

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I don't think the science world is denying natural immunity. However, there are indications that natural immunity lasts only about six months.

    Also, while I'm on the subject, the 20-49 age group is currently the largest spreader of covid. While they might not die from it, they are the spreaders, and almost all hospitalizations and deaths across any age group are among the unvaccinated. The chances of dying from a vaccination shot is hundreds of times less likely than dying from covid, so I fail to understand the "I'm not taking it becasue it might be dangerous" crowd. It's hundreds of times less dangerous than the disease.
    That may be true... but a .001 chance is hundreds of times more likely that a .000001 chance. Both are still pretty unlikely.





  8. #92
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Fallston
    Posts
    689

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by MidtownP View Post
    Fred, could you please tell me how many actual deaths there have been in Maryland the last 30 days due to this frightening delta variant? I await your response.
    MidtownP - A friend of mine died from the Delta variant just 3 days ago after being in ICU for about 4 weeks. You want to continue arguing??
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County





  9. #93
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    7,898
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    MidtownP - A friend of mine died from the Delta variant just 3 days ago after being in ICU for about 4 weeks. You want to continue arguing??
    He will.





  10. #94

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by MidtownP View Post
    Sheep who believes the fear porn they are selling you
    Who exactly are "they"? Why are you so afraid to get a vaccine?

    Don't try to hide behind the argument that it's unproven and potentially unsafe. That just doesn't hold water. There have been 3 linked deaths to the J&J vaccine so far. Just three due to the blood clot issue.

    You're chances of dying while in a motor vehicle are far higher. Approximately 38,000 per year. Do you walk everywhere you go? Are you a shut-in that stays home and off the roads? I actually hope not because you're far more likely to die in a house fire that way. Over 2500 people die a year from those. You could go live in a tent, but you're more likely to be killed by lightning (over 40 deaths per year) than die from a Covid vaccination. Hell, there are more deaths in the U.S. from cows every year than the Covid vaccine (an average of 22 per year).

    There is a chance that we take with everything we do and getting the Covid vaccine is far safer than many daily activities that we take for granted. This is a public health emergency and your unvaccinated body makes for a far more susceptible host than a vaccinated one. I honestly could care less if you choose not to get vaccinated, contract the disease and die - that's your poor choice. The problem is you could be transmitting it to others who may die. You also could be hogging up a valuable hospital bed.

    Not getting vaccinated is a very selfish choice.





  11. #95

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Notable protocol change from the NFL is that players who had a previous confirmed COVID infection will be considered fully vaccinated once they have had one dose.
    This makes sense. A lot of people are getting many more symptoms from the first dose than the second, and these people overwhelmingly were exposed to The virus in real life. I technically tested negative back when testing was hardly reliable and almost unavailable, but slept for almost 48 straight after dose 1 of moderne. Dose 2 did absolutely nothing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk





  12. #96
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Sacramento, CA
    Posts
    7,898
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: The NFL & COVID in 2021

    Quote Originally Posted by Rich Mac View Post
    Who exactly are "they"? Why are you so afraid to get a vaccine?

    Don't try to hide behind the argument that it's unproven and potentially unsafe. That just doesn't hold water. There have been 3 linked deaths to the J&J vaccine so far. Just three due to the blood clot issue.

    You're chances of dying while in a motor vehicle are far higher. Approximately 38,000 per year. Do you walk everywhere you go? Are you a shut-in that stays home and off the roads? I actually hope not because you're far more likely to die in a house fire that way. Over 2500 people die a year from those. You could go live in a tent, but you're more likely to be killed by lightning (over 40 deaths per year) than die from a Covid vaccination. Hell, there are more deaths in the U.S. from cows every year than the Covid vaccine (an average of 22 per year).

    There is a chance that we take with everything we do and getting the Covid vaccine is far safer than many daily activities that we take for granted. This is a public health emergency and your unvaccinated body makes for a far more susceptible host than a vaccinated one. I honestly could care less if you choose not to get vaccinated, contract the disease and die - that's your poor choice. The problem is you could be transmitting it to others who may die. You also could be hogging up a valuable hospital bed.

    Not getting vaccinated is a very selfish choice.
    I can identify. I was so against masks, I did it anyway. Then the logic a lot of people who were also agains mask touted the astronomical chance of catching or giving it. Now, that same astronomical chance they die from the vaccine is now a legit reason NOT to get the vaccine.

    Some people just want to shit on your plate no matter what.





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Link To Mobile Site