Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Fantasy Football

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubbs View Post
    I’m on the fence. I didn’t do fantasy last year, but I super want to this year, but I’m not sure I’m good enough to compete with you guys lol.
    As GOTA said, there are plenty of free resources to guide you. And you'd be surprised at how big a factor luck is. A lot of the times it's the person who accidentally hits a home run on a late round picks that wins a fantasy league.

Speaking of luck, I'm in a league where someone drafted Andrew Luck the same evening that he retired. I missed that draft party, but apparently a couple people got the alert as our draft was wrapping up. We still joke about it years later.

So yea, there's plenty of luck (good or bad) in fantasy football!

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post
    As GOTA said, there are plenty of free resources to guide you. And you'd be surprised at how big a factor luck is. A lot of the times it's the person who accidentally hits a home run on a late round picks that wins a fantasy league.

Speaking of luck, I'm in a league where someone drafted Andrew Luck the same evening that he retired. I missed that draft party, but apparently a couple people got the alert as our draft was wrapping up. We still joke about it years later.

Yes sir. It’s all about finding that sleeper! The rookie who’s gonna break out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

I was in both leagues last year. I deleted the League 2 team to open up the spot for someone else

Just a heads up to my Fantasy owners….we are 6 weeks away from the first real game of 2021! So that being said I’m thinking of having our draft. Either week before that or the week before that. So sometime between Aug 23rd and Sept 5th. Obvious Sept 3-6 is Labor Day and people have plans.

Don’t wanna do it too early and guys get cut or injuries. Food for thought.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Just a heads up to my Fantasy owners….we are 6 weeks away from the first real game of 2021! So that being said I’m thinking of having our draft. Either week before that or the week before that. So sometime between Aug 23rd and Sept 5th. Obvious Sept 3-6 is Labor Day and people have plans.

Don’t wanna do it too early and guys get cut or injuries. Food for thought.

In my mind that last full week of August is perfect. No teams are playing anyone significant in the preseason at that point. The only real news is about a surprise cut. The final cutdown is August 31 so that week before is all about bubble players. The risk of injury is minimal since teams are just looking at getting down to 53. The following week is all the installation and practice for week 1. My preference would be a night between August 24th and 28th

I deleted my team in League Deux so that someone else has a spot. Kept my team active in league 1.

We should do a paid league.

8. Re: Fantasy Football

Yeah I prefer evening time due to work. The date isn't really an issue for me.

So I am in if there is a regular draft league again. Leave for vacation on Aug 30th. Sunday the 29 would be good

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    The one thing we have to watch out for are managers who quit last year. Dead teams really hurt any league. All you have to do is go to the transaction logs and see those who stopped making moves mid-way through the season. Those are the same managers who did change their active rosters to account for injuries or bye weeks.

Everyone wants to play at the start but when your losing will you still be active. I was in last place through most of the season in league 2. I never stopped competing because I made a commitment. If you don’t have that attitude you shouldn’t be in the league.
    Was that an issue in league 2? Don't think I saw that at all in league 1.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WrongBaldy View Post
    Stay with yahoo
    Yahoo killed me with how bad drafting was on a mobile phone. Got better after that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Cactus View Post

Think what kept me in the running besides Kamara was grabbing Aiyuk and Davis right as they started going off.