Page 4 of 73 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

Re: Training Camp

Been talking about this for a while.....
    The additions of Williams, Martin, Weaver and Ryan will pay more dividends than we think.

Most improved position group will be the O'Line, especially @ Center and Guards.. It may take a few games. But if L'Freaky gets a second more of protection, all of a sudden the work that Martin/Williams is doing with the young WR's will pay massive dividends.
    Last edited by 21xxxv; 07-22-2021 at 10:06 AM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post
    The additions of Williams, Martin, Weaver and Ryan will pay more dividends than we think.

Most improved position group will be the O'Line, especially ally Center and Guards.. It may take a few games. But if L'Freaky gets a second more of protection, all of a sudden the work that Martin/Williams is doing with the young WR's will pay massive dividends.

absolutely - a healthy camp and season for the cheat code and a solid Oline - woo hoo.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I think this every year because purple glasses and all but I really think this team is gonna be a beast. Can they be better than the 2019 team?? Time will tell but the talent is there

About the WR's, I believe that Duvernay is a lock too leaving just the remaining three. I believe Wallace is a near lock. He would to have a bad TC to not br on the team. Which leaves Boykin and Proche for final. With Boykin's run blocking could give him the edge. I can see him on the field when we are trying to run out the clock.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravskins View Post
    About the WR's, I believe that Duvernay is a lock too leaving just the remaining three. I believe Wallace is a near lock. He would to have a bad TC to not br on the team. Which leaves Boykin and Proche for final. With Boykin's run blocking could give him the edge. I can see him on the field when we are trying to run out the clock.
    I don't know if the Ravens would do this, but Wallace is eligible for the Practice Squad. Of course we'd have to expose him to being poached by another team. This is actually a pleasant problem. Maybe keep 7 WRs and 1 FB (?)

JMO... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I don't know if the Ravens would do this, but Wallace is eligible for the Practice Squad. Of course we'd have to expose him to being poached by another team. This is actually a pleasant problem. Maybe keep 7 WRs and 1 FB (?)

JMO... Bc
    Nah, I think Wallace is a near lock, shades of Steve Smith Sr. from what I have read. Get rid of the all world blocking wide receiver for a receiver that scares people and you won't need a blocker and run so much when you can pass. Evolution of the offense. Too long is it been an excuse for keeping a dude around because the offense runs so much. Perhaps if dude were a threat, we would pass more.

Wallace should be on the 53 if he shows any promise in training camp.

It is hard to have a breakout year when all you, Boykin, get to run are routes outside the numbers and your qb does not throw outside the numbers. If you go back and watch Boykin when he runs slants he catches everything that targets him. But 30-40 total targets a game is not enough. Boykin was target number 4 on most route trees and LJ would much rather throw in between the numbers than outside the numbers so 2/3 or the few passing plays he never got to his fourth read. Hollywood was the first read, Andrews the second read, Snead from the slot the third read, then Boykin or Boyle as the fourth read. You won’t find more than five plays last year where Boykin was the first read.

I would much rather keep a great blocker like Boykin over Porche. Send Porche to the practice squad if need be. You can’t keep them all and while Porche has good hands but does not have Boykin size or speed. Duv can return punts and kicks plus be your backup slot receiver.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    Nah, I think Wallace is a near lock, shades of Steve Smith Sr. from what I have read. Get rid of the all world blocking wide receiver for a receiver that scares people and you won't need a blocker and run so much when you can pass. Evolution of the offense. Too long is it been an excuse for keeping a dude around because the offense runs so much. Perhaps if dude were a threat, we would pass more.

Wallace should be on the 53 if he shows any promise in training camp.
    OMG Cap'n, do you mean your boy... Boykin?

Outrageous! ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by 21xxxv View Post

Most improved position group will be the O'Line, especially @ Center and Guards.. It may take a few games. But if L'Freaky gets a second more of protection, all of a sudden the work that Martin/Williams is doing with the young WR's will pay massive dividends.
    The additions to the O line are good, but it being better depends mostly on Stanley being 100% by October-November. And secondarily the cohesion developing among all the new pieces, as you note. I think we will be in good shape, but admit to being anxious about the early games.

I am a lot less concerned about the D. I think our D will kick butt.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Boykin's path to the 53 would be an injury to one of the other reserves. Not something EDC needs to fret about now.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)

Blog Entries

I'm pretty sure the reports I heard at least on 105.7 was that Proche was getting the most reps as the primary slot guy at OTAs (feel free to refute). That can change of course and Boykin is legendary for training camp performances, but entering camp doesn't sound like a guy who is on the fringe of the roster.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52

Blog Entries

I think it's a question of whether they keep 6 receivers or 7 and those last two will have to play ST... so that factors in

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!