Page 36 of 73 FirstFirst ... 3435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: Training Camp

Re: Training Camp

Quote Originally Posted by Laxdad24 View Post
    Curiously …has any Free agent WRs come out publicly and not wanted to play in NY or JacVille? I don’t recall that. Just happened here this summer. JuJu says Hello and No Thank You.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Okay? WRs will probably get better numbers in those places, because those teams are gonna pass more. But the passing game on both of those teams was worse than ours when it came to scoring TDs and not turning the ball over, the things that actually win the games. Hence why the Jags and Jets had the top 2 picks in the draft and are hoping that their latest attempt at finding a QB to save them will work.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Curiously …has any Free agent WRs come out publicly and not wanted to play in NY or JacVille? I don’t recall that. Just happened here this summer. JuJu says Hello and No Thank You.
    Bad example. JuJu also turned down an offer from the Chiefs (bigger contract than what he got in Pittsburgh). Mahomes must suck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcasticfury View Post
    Okay? WRs will probably get better numbers in those places, because those teams are gonna pass more. But the passing game on both of those teams was worse than ours when it came to scoring TDs and not turning the ball over, the things that actually win the games. Hence why the Jags and Jets had the top 2 picks in the draft and are hoping that their latest attempt at finding a QB to save them will work.
    Paint it how you wish …we were top 3 in rushing , bottom 3 in passing. The over all passing game here ….blows.

When we had Joe …when he threw for 3000 yds …fans wanted to run him outa town. Now as long as Lamar runs for 1000 …it’s who cares …just win. We’ve had to draft more 1St round WRs in the last 3 yrs than ever in our history. Why? Cause we can’t get good FA to come here. This passing game is a joke. Guys like Hollywood are gonna bolt when they get FA status.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Bad example. JuJu also turned down an offer from the Chiefs (bigger contract than what he got in Pittsburgh). Mahomes must suck.
    He was just the Loudest …at saying our passing game was a joke. He’s basically a nut and just wanted to stay in Pitts anyway.

And the passing game stats isn’t really a shot at Lamar …it’s the scheme we run.

Paint it how you wish …we were top 3 in rushing , bottom 3 in passing. The over all passing game here ….blows.

When we had Joe …when he threw for 3000 yds …fans wanted to run him outa town. Now as long as Lamar runs for 1000 …it’s who cares …just win. We’ve had to draft more 1St round WRs in the last 3 yrs than ever in our history. Why? Cause we can’t get good FA to come here. This passing game is a joke. Guys like Hollywood are gonna bolt when they get FA status.

Hollywood hasn’t exactly made the most of his opportunity though to be the #1 guy with nobody behind him applying any real pressure. He finished last season strong but he has struggled with separation and drops. He has to own that it isn’t anyone else’s fault. If Bateman turns out to be for real you’d let Hollywood walk I’d imagine.

I'm not painting anything. Lamar threw 26 TDs versus only 9 picks last year. I don't know about you, but I put far much stock in how many TDs the passing offense generates and how many times the passing offense turns the ball over than whether it generates 4,000 yards or whether it makes receivers wanna come here in Free Agency, because that's what the offense is supposed to do, score TDs.

If our passing game becomes a liability and Lamar starts throwing more TDs to the guys in other colors than the guys in ours, then I'll call it a joke. But I don't really place much stock in how much yardage is generated or whether it's attractive to FA receivers.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

Quote Originally Posted by Mmcclend View Post
    I heard he [Oweh] was beating Villanueva like a drum.
    Steelers' media has picked up on this and are somewhat gleeful about the early woes of the ex-Steeler.

https://heavy.com/sports/pittsburgh-...ET0g8NncNEx66g

Steelers' media has picked up on this and are somewhat gleeful about the early woes of the ex-Steeler.

Then they ought to be real ecstatic about how their team is playing tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Raven View Post
    Hollywood hasn’t exactly made the most of his opportunity though to be the #1 guy with nobody behind him applying any real pressure. He finished last season strong but he has struggled with separation and drops. He has to own that it isn’t anyone else’s fault. If Bateman turns out to be for real you’d let Hollywood walk I’d imagine.
    Also let's see if Hollywood gets through the season healthy. If Bateman and others step up it might make sense not to sign Hollywood to a second contract. Lot up in the air with the WR group, but hopefully a few of these guys ball out this year.

Be careful what you wish for, Yinzers. Your team draws Oweh twice this season.

Quote Originally Posted by xiao_ke View Post
    Also let's see if Hollywood gets through the season healthy. If Bateman and others step up it might make sense not to sign Hollywood to a second contract. Lot up in the air with the WR group, but hopefully a few of these guys ball out this year.
    Hollywood was never going to be the X or a heavy duty receiver. We don't need to fret about his second contract - he may be affordable. And if he's not, we will likely be in good shape anyway. Five years of Bateman are looking attractive, as a foundation.
    "Flacco is driving the ball in that wind....."

(AFCCG, January 2013)