Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Lamar criticized by media hacks for doing something nice for kids

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/lamar-j...031346758.html

Not sure if this is being discussed anywhere else but Shannon Sharpe is an idiot. Lamar is doing something nice for kids that a lot of athletes do and the hack ass media morons turn it into a negative. Isn't it a good thing that our QB doesn't live his life revolving around money???

Anyway Lamar is a great human, F the haters

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: Lamar criticized by media hacks for doing something nice for kids

They have a point. If he torn an Achilles or blew an ACL what would your post have been?

Yeah, it's fucking stupid. Sure, Lamar might get hurt doing it (but he could get hurt doing almost anything) but perhaps the media should be focusing its' outrage towards guys like Frank Clark and Barkevious Mingo who have actually broken the law instead of a guy that's giving back to the community.
    Let's win the f**king game.
    Joe Flacco

God forbid that a star athlete act like he cares about someone other than himself.

Of course it is a slow season for news.

Good thing Sergio Kindle didn't get hurt doing any extra curricular stuff like this....
    90% of the game is half mental

I hope the next time Aaron Rodgers takes a golf swing he rips his rotator cuff completely off his shoulder. Then maybe the media will have someone else to badger other than Lamar

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    They have a point. If he torn an Achilles or blew an ACL what would your post have been?
    If that happened I wouldn't criticize the man for it happening while he was running an event for kids.

Should he just sit on his couch from the end of the season til the start of the next? By this logic he shouldn't participate in OTA's surely they are more strenous and dangerous than what he was doing with the kids.

Its a lame take used to criticize when theres no room for criticism and you'll never convince me otherwise

Blog Entries

Shannon and Skip take opposite and controversial positions for clicks. It worked

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I'm sure Lamar knows the risks the same way he knows the risks of practicing in Florida with his receivers in the offseason. He's going to do it anyway and I think it's awesome. This guy is a throwback to the old guys so many wish he still had. I'm proud that Lamar Jackson is the face of the Ravens.

You don't get more oldschool than Lamar Jackson. His was the first jersey I bought since Ed Reed. I own Reed, JO, Ray and now Lamar Jackson. He's got a real shot to be up there with those guys.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Ravensforce83 View Post
    If that happened I wouldn't criticize the man for it happening while he was running an event for kids.

Should he just sit on his couch from the end of the season til the start of the next? By this logic he shouldn't participate in OTA's surely they are more strenous and dangerous than what he was doing with the kids.

Its a lame take used to criticize when theres no room for criticism and you'll never convince me otherwise
    Working out to stay in shape isn't the same thing as running drills with kids. That said . . .

I actually support Lamar and think it is great and AM NOT CRITICIZING HIM for doing this. I congratulate him.

But if he had a year ending injury I know damn well a number of posters here upset about the criticism would be apoplectic over his "stupidity" doing the camp and participating.

It's not as if Lamar was playing football on the beach and had to jump over a parked jet-ski or anything . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Working out to stay in shape isn't the same thing as running drills with kids. That said . . .

I actually support Lamar and think it is great and AM NOT CRITICIZING HIM for doing this. I congratulate him.

But if he had a year ending injury I know damn well a number of posters here upset about the criticism would be apoplectic over his "stupidity" doing the camp and participating.
    I gotcha, I agree. I would not be one of them. Unlucky shit happens sometimes unfortunately. I believe that these guys can't live their lives in a bubble and to me (and Lamar too obviously) doing these things for kids is what being a famous athlete is all about. Now if a guy tears an ACL in a bar fight or fighting with the police or falling down the stairs drunk (looking at you Sergio) then I'll jump in on the criticism. Even these guys that are out there playing basketball doesn't bother me, basketball is fun and is good cardio. I wasn't mad at Suggs when he hurt himself at bball, sucked he got hurt that season though.

But yeah you are right some folks would be pissed at LJ if he got hurt for the season doing anything outside of training or team sanctioned things