Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BNTX ER on 8/10

BNTX ER on 8/10

Many of you know I am a huge BNTX bull. Called a buy when it was in the low 90s. It is now about 225. Earnings are August 10th. IMHO they will blow away earnings and this stock will go parabolic within 3 weeks - certainly before ER hits. China will have a manufacturing facility and probably make a billion doses of BNTX vaccine this year for their population. I have major masses of money tied into this one stock - more than is sanely reasonable. This is just a heads-up on my thoughts. DO NOT buy on the basis of my post. Do your own DD. Good Luck if you purchase!

Re: BNTX ER on 8/10

Anybody buy 6 days ago under $230??? The current price of $282 is still likely cheap compared to what ER will bring...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2bynight View Post
    Anybody buy 6 days ago under $230??? The current price of $282 is still likely cheap compared to what ER will bring...
    Still researching. A little hesitant to pull the trigger though
    "We're not changing anything." -John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Still researching. A little hesitant to pull the trigger though
    I don't blame you. Going up 50 points in a week is scary to buy into. A massive market selloff may cause a crater. I have seen 40 point swings with this stock in a single day. My long term forecast is around 400 to 600 a share. I originally had about a 1000 shares priced at 59 a share. I could kick myself for selling covered calls and losing all my shares in the 90s and low 100s, then buying back and doing the same nonsense and selling in the 120s. I believed in it but sold for short term gain. And lost out on 100k gain - although I still own over 500 shares purchased in the 170s. Will not sell these period until I hit targets. I still have lots of call options - most expire the week of ER on 8/13 so either will make a ton or lose a ton of money depending what happens in 16 days.

Here are my thoughts on why BNTX...most effective vaccine to date. JNJ and AstraZeneca will crater out. Leaving BNTX and Moderna (MRNA) with the lions share of the vaccine market, unless NVAX hits the jackpot (and I fully intend to buy 10 calls for 1000 shares of that stock after 8/13 if BNTX ER goes well for price). Booster likely recommended each year. Delta will not be the last variant of this mess. BNTX is putting in a manufacturing plant in Africa. They will get approval in China which will make the US market look like chickenfeed. Probably get approval in India too. They also have 1/2 the market cap of MRNA which is now about 350 a share. I just cannot fathom how this stock can fail - but anything can happen...and is is a German company, not US based, hence an ADR. It will never go on an S&P 500.

Add in the fact they are also developing cancer drugs via the new technology. If one of those hits any price point is possible - like 1000+. The downside is boosters may not be needed and two shots provide years to life long protection. So a one trick pony that is not sustainable. Though for the hope of mankind, I want the lifelong protection to happen.
    Last edited by 2bynight; 07-24-2021 at 08:35 PM.

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting. Pfizer has their ER tomorrow morning, before the bell I believe. BNTX numbers for their ER on 8/10 will be able to be extrapolated from PFE numbers. A betting man would place his chips on BNTX exploding tomorrow - or at least rising 10 to 15 points. Yet the carnage in today's market may negate positive news. However, I am a betting man and bought more BNTX calls today. These are risky strike 300s expiring the end of the week. I think they are worth the low premium considering what may happen tomorrow. If I lose it I lose it. Common sense options would be to buy for two to three weeks after earnings.

Tomorrow is going to be very interesting. Pfizer has their ER tomorrow morning, before the bell I believe. BNTX numbers for their ER on 8/10 will be able to be extrapolated from PFE numbers. A betting man would place his chips on BNTX exploding tomorrow - or at least rising 10 to 15 points. Yet the carnage in today's market may negate positive news. However, I am a betting man and bought more BNTX calls today. These are risky strike 300s expiring the end of the week. I think they are worth the low premium considering what may happen tomorrow. If I lose it I lose it. Common sense options would be to buy for two to three weeks after earnings.
    I officially fucked up by not sticking to my guns and following my advice above. Sold near the open today for a small gain because yesterdays market action spooked me. Sold my 300 calls for 1/2 of what they are now going for and sold 230 PFE calls for a mere pittance as PFE action has historically been terrible. Lost 10 grand profit on that stupid move in one day. Oh well...that is life in swing trading.

Blog Entries

I officially fucked up by not sticking to my guns and following my advice above. Sold near the open today for a small gain because yesterdays market action spooked me. Sold my 300 calls for 1/2 of what they are now going for and sold 230 PFE calls for a mere pittance as PFE action has historically been terrible. Lost 10 grand profit on that stupid move in one day. Oh well...that is life in swing trading.
    It was still a good call though. Wished I had pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    It was still a good call though. Wished I had pulled the trigger.
    Well here is another bet - somewhat of a lotto but I pulled the trigger. Check out SAVA. Possible Alzheimers treatment and detection. Poster with study results hits tomorrow. If this hits it goes from 136 a share to well over 200. It also may be a case of sell the news tomorrow as it has gone up exponentially in the last few weeks. Options are only monthly ones and very very expensive. I already have so much profit from BNTX that I threw a few thou into the August options for 165 and 175. Again, maybe a bad call, but I like to think its an intelligent risk.

You got to know when to hold em.... you know the rest.

Quote Originally Posted by BustOfPallas View Post
    You got to know when to hold em.... you know the rest.
    I am kicking my own ass over the rash decision I made 4 1/2 hours ago. Now about a 15k ass-kicking. But I just bought a few Aug 13th 325 calls. I think it goes $350 plus by then.

My thoughts only - the current price of BNTX is going to look cheap by the time 8/10 rolls around....its gone up $100 a share since I posted the price two weeks ago. I'm thinking over $400 in two more weeks.

Blog Entries

My thoughts only - the current price of BNTX is going to look cheap by the time 8/10 rolls around....its gone up $100 a share since I posted the price two weeks ago. I'm thinking over $400 in two more weeks.
    At 350.00 today. You nailed this one.